Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Jordan's return in the 94-95 season

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    You do realize that .5 rounds UP, right? Or did you fail remedial math as well? So we have:

1993: 50%
    1996: 50%
    1997: 49%
    1998: 47%

You do realize all you stat geeks from (fill in random basketball website here) are F@cking using .#'s% to prove that player ________ is better then player __________???...and when doing that you guys look like F@cking moron's....

you do realize that? right?...

so again...I just copied and pasted his "stats".....and he shot BELOW 50%....

.49 (whatever) is BELOW 50% just like I said...

now scram before I make U my B!tch...

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    That's what I'm thinking.

I don't think Alphawolf thought this through properly.

Cause he's basically stating that MJ's worse years, are = to Prime Kobe's.

HuH???...Kobe was droppin 29PPG 6REB and 6AST in the playoff's leading his team in crunchtime and winning Championships when MJ was shooting 42% - 44% and bricking his way to back to back losing seasons...

don't see how those are even close???...oh yeah...you are a Jordan stan....

Jordan in the Kobe era would have been a Bladheaded Michael Finley..

next

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    HuH???...Kobe was droppin 29PPG 6REB and 6AST in the playoff's leading his team in crunchtime and winning Championships when MJ was shooting 42% - 44% and bricking his way to back to back losing seasons...

next
    Yeah because Jordan playing in 2000's as 23 year old

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

You do realize all you stat geeks from (fill in random basketball website here) are F@cking using .#'s% to prove that player ________ is better then player __________???...and when doing that you guys look like F@cking moron's....

And yet, MJ in his declining years (Not counting Wizards) is still better than Kobe in his peak.

Wizards MJ is basically = to Kobe's career.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Say what you will, .495 rounds to 50% because it is CLOSER to 50% than it is to 49%. And '95 wasn't a FULL season. 17 does not equal 82. Nor is it anywhere near 82. Just though I'd let you know.

Oh, and aren't you the one who brought up the topic of numbers and percentages in the first place when you lied that, "MJ only shot above 50% once in his final 8 years?"

If you really aren't a fan of relevant statistics (and seeing as though you believe Kobe > Jordan, it's pretty obvious why you aren't) than how else do you advise people to compare players?

As you like to say, "2EZ."

subsequent

Quote Originally Posted by DRose1899
    Yeah because Jordan playing in 2000's as 23 year old

You mean like Broken Back 35 year old Larry Bird merking the Bull's and Prime Jordan??...

Jordan in the 2000's would have been a 42 - 44%FG player No matter what...totally different era then the 80's and early 90's.

and like I have shown , MJ's FG% dropped off as the era's evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Say what you will, .495 rounds to 50% because it is CLOSER to 50% than it is to 49%. And '95 wasn't a FULL season. 17 does not equal 82. Nor is it anywhere near 82. Just though I'd let you know.

Oh, and aren't you the one who brought up the topic of numbers and percentages in the first place when you lied that, "MJ only shot above 50% once in his final 8 years?"

If you really aren't a fan of relevant statistics (and seeing as though you believe Kobe > Jordan, it's pretty obvious why you aren't) than how else do you advise people to compare players?

As you like to say, "2EZ."

subsequent

Just stop it already , you have nothing...

49% is below 50%...and like I have said....he shot 50% once his Final 8 seasons....95' wasn't a full season?...ok.....even when he played a full season he didn't shoot 50%...

you can spin it all you want...fact is his FG% dropped off as did the whole league's....it was 2 different era's.....

we all saw him bottom out at 42% in the modern era with zones and traps..

(waits for...but MJ was too old to shoot jumpers).....then watches a 35 year old Larry Bird with a broken Back school a prime MJ and the Bull's....

Banned

You mean like Broken Back 35 year old Larry Bird merking the Bull's and Prime Jordan??...

Jordan in the 2000's would have been a 42 - 44%FG player No matter what...totally different era then the 80's and early 90's.

and like I have shown , MJ's FG% dropped off as the era's evolved.

Then why Wade had high FG% in 2000's?

their style is almost identical, n btw LOL kobe didn't even shoot above 45% without shaq n pau.

Another thing, you bashing old-ass Jordan shoot 42-44% while 31 year old kobe barely shot 45% last season

Just stop it already , you have nothing...

49% is below 50%...and like I have said....he shot 50% once his Final 8 seasons....95' wasn't a full season?...ok.....even when he played a full season he didn't shoot 50%...

you can spin it all you want...fact is his FG% dropped off as did the whole league's....it was 2 different era's.....

we all saw him bottom out at 42% in the modern era with zones and traps..

(waits for...but MJ was too old to shoot jumpers).....then watches a 35 year old Larry Bird with a broken Back school a prime MJ and the Bull's....
    Still better than Kobe ever has and ever will be.

And you obviously didn't watch him play as a Wizard, cause you wouldn't be laughing. He didn't shoot 42% (Kobe's career) because the defense was so great. He shot it because he was 40 YEARS OLD you dimwit.

And sure, 35 year old Bird scored on the Bulls, but Wizards MJ was dropping 50 points and multiple 40 and 30+ points vs today's so called superior defenders.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

next

Quote Originally Posted by DRose1899

Then why Wade had high FG% in 2000's?

their style is almost identical, n btw LOL kobe didn't even shoot above 45% without shaq n pau.

Another thing, you bashing old-ass Jordan shoot 42-44% while 31 year old kobe barely shot 45% last season

Because Wade has shot 46% - 47%FG many times in his career...and he takes 5 less shots per game then Jordan did....

and he is a 48%FG in the "00's" despite taking 5 less shots per game then Jordan did....oh yeah..despite taking more shots Kobe is a 45%....3%...whooptity doo!

except Kobe does alot more winning......Wade might want to get his FG% down and his shot attempts up...

oh yeah it's all about FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Near 35 year old broken back Larry Bird schooled the Bulls to the tune of 30 points and 60% shooting on his way... to losing 132 - 113. (11-06-91)

35 year old broken back Larry Bird then blasted the Bulls to a near career high of 8 points on 40% shooting in losing 121-99 on Christmas Day 1991

35 year old broken back Larry Bird showed prime MJ and the Bulls something in his last showdown by exploding for 10 points on 27% shooting in a 119-85 loss to the Bulls. (03-11-92)

Last edited by Da_Realist; 09-17-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath

Prince would tear you a new azz on the azzfualt....literally and figuratively.

__________________________________________________ ________
    @ Prince's Highschool team stealin the GOAT's name...
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 09-17-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Prince would tear you a new azz on the azzfualt....literally and figuratively.
    And any way you wanna skew and twist things, MJ is still better than Kobe.

Alphawolf: