Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: That KLove/Wiggins trade most likely killed a dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Sure, but him being injury prone wasn't the reason he's out for the season. Put anyone else in that same scenario, and they are out for the season. That is the perfect example of a freak play.. whether or not it was dirty.

It wasn't as if he aggravated a former injury like his back.

I was thinking about the future. How LeBron will have to rely on Irving and Love to be healthy every year.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I was thinking about the future. How LeBron will have to rely on Irving and Love to be healthy every year.
    Wasn't that long again curry was considered injury prone.

Yup Curry was considered injury prone...hence he only got a 4yr/48m deal

Don't get the trade and the win now part when Bran said he wasn't going to promise a title the first year, should have let Wiggins develop and Bran should have used the time to limit his minutes and focus on helping the guys develop quicker instead of going for a 5th run at the title. Heck, they still would have made the Finals with the way the East was in the Playoffs this season.

That's just one problem I've always had with Lebron. He's never had and apparently he's never going to be on teams where guys develop and grow together. Irving is a nice piece but we know he's prone to injuries, TT will develop but he'll never be more than a solid defender and a rebounder.

Duncan had Manu/Parker/Kawhi/Splitter develop alongside him and they ended up winning together. Kobe had Bynum, Ariza, Odom, Farmar, Shannon Brown play with him for years and he turned them into winners and they won together.

MJ had Pippen, Kareem had Magic, Worthy, Cooper, Hakeem had Kenny Smith, Robert Horry, Shaq had Kobe.

Who does Lebron have? He only won when he joined up two other superstars in their prime, he's never had to groom a young player into a winner. Irving would be the guy but to me he's just a Wade that's 10 years younger and more injury prone. Dude been prone to injuries since college, first 2 seasons, he missed 31 games the first year and 22 games the second one. All that time he's forced to be away from basketball, he won't have the chance to expand his game other than watching film.

Lebron is stuck with a injury-prone point guard as his #2 guy and his 3rd option might bolt this off-season if he can get a better deal elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Negro
    Wasn't that long again curry was considered injury prone.

In comparison to Love, over the span of starting 6 years in the NBA, Curry has missed ~15% of games played do to injury.

Great post ImKobe

But the problem is he can't wait....he has a legacy to make and needs to win it as the ALPHA....what if he had waited till 2018...and than Wiggins played out of his mind and won the MVP and FMVP...what does that do for LeBron's legacy?

Its all about the legacy bruh....

Btw don't be surprised if Love is sent away and other players are brought in this summer

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    Great post ImKobe

But the problem is he can't wait....he has a legacy to make and needs to win it as the ALPHA....what if he had waited till 2018...and than Wiggins played out of his mind and won the MVP and FMVP...what does that do for LeBron's legacy?

Its all about the legacy bruh....

Btw don't be surprised if Love is sent away and other players are brought in this summer

I agree but I think:

Mosgov
    Thompson
    Bran
    Wiggins
    Irving

is better than any combo of 5 they can roll out with Love. Wiggins can create his own shot, Love cannot, so whatever you lose from Love's shooting you get back from Wiggins game, adn I think Wiggins post game can easily replace what the Cavs do with Love down there, and this way you get TT on the floor more, and the team is much more athletic...but what about the outlet passes? Nikka please! Most importantly Wiggins takes miles of Bran, does a lot of the running around and can handle some iso.

It was a retarded trade at the time and only looks worse now. Shit, even Bennett might have been tough with this crew.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    I agree but I think:

Mosgov
    Thompson
    Bran
    Wiggins
    Irving

is better than any combo of 5 they can roll out with Love. Wiggins can create his own shot, Love cannot, so whatever you lose from Love's shooting you get back from Wiggins game, adn I think Wiggins post game can easily replace what the Cavs do with Love down there, and this way you get TT on the floor more, and the team is much more athletic...but what about the outlet passes? Nikka please! Most importantly Wiggins takes miles of Bran, does a lot of the running around and can handle some iso.

It was a retarded trade at the time and only looks worse now. Shit, even Bennett might have been tough with this crew.
    It's hard to imagine that to be true considering the Mozgov/Love/LeBron/Smith/Kyrie lineup was statistically the best in the league with the highest net rating.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    It's hard to imagine that to be true considering the Mozgov/Love/LeBron/Smith/Kyrie lineup was statistically the best in the league with the highest net rating.
    yep, and the Hawks won 60 games. Push comes to shove you are leaning on JR Smith. I'd take TT and Wiggins over Smith and Love with my life on the line.

Banned

It was bad for the Cavs but great for the Wolves.

Legenerous
    Lecharity

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Wiggins is not a transcendental star. when Lebron came on the Cavs, he immediately had an impact so much so that the Cavs stopped being in the lottery immediately.

trade was good because it brought Lebron James back. that's all that could be said, really.
    If my memory serves me correct Lebron was in the lottery 2 straight years

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

You can't predict injuries. When healthy...this Cavs team was as good or better than anyone else.

The trade wasn't great...but only because the Cavs gave up too much. They never should have given up Wiggins, Bennett, and a first rounder for only Love.

They should have demanded Dieng back at least. The Cavs are going to get capped very hard soon and having a real rotation guy like that on the roster would have helped tremendously...even it he was just trade bait it would be key.

But this team is currently loaded and honestly should only get better.

Mozgov
    Thompson
    Shump
    Love
    Kyrie

Those guys are all 28 or younger and make up an absolute beast of a core outside of Lebron.

JR and Delly have proven to be very solid bench guys as well. Throw in a healthy Andy this team would go a legit 9 deep with lineup versatility that not even the Warriors could match because of Lebron.

I'd like to see them add a 3 and D guy in place of James Jones to get to a full 10 deep.

I don't think we would have seen the same Wiggins we saw on the Wolves if he was playing in Cleveland. He's had pretty much free roam to do as he wants and could play his game without the concern for wins and losses really. Minny were never going to go far this season, so he could play 40 minutes a game, hoist up a lot of shots and develop naturally. On the Cavs he would have been waiting for shots behind at least Lebron and Kyrie, playing less minutes and probably playing totally different because the same shots he was free to hoist up would be getting him in trouble because the games mattered.

Also guys, it's not just the Love/Wiggins trade that matters here. If Wiggins was here, they might not trade for Shump/Smith (Mozgov would probably still end up here, maybe even more so because they have Bennett instead of Love). I'd presume Waiters still goes. What happens with Bennett?

You can't just take what happened this season as definitive proof, too many variables. For all we know Wiggins on the bench or as a 3/4th option might have ended up being somewhat disappointing, and we're looking at Noel/Mirotic as ROY.