Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast
    Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2K15 info and discussion

Is Tim Duncan seriously rated higher than Dwight Howard, Russell Westbrook, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Paul George, Anthony Davis, Steph Curry and Carmelo Anthony?

Banned

New ratings system.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    New ratings system.
    Explain?

The gameplay is great, but everything other than the gameplay itself is so buggy and poorly designed.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    Is Tim Duncan seriously rated higher than Dwight Howard, Russell Westbrook, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Paul George, Anthony Davis, Steph Curry and Carmelo Anthony?

Duncan has been playing some of his best basketball as of late.

Dwight how? He hasn't been in form for years.

It's not all about the numbers, you need to look specifically at where the points are spent & see the overall picture. The new rating system has brought lower rated people up and decreased quite a few higher rated players, the point distribution must be spread a lot differently to 2K14.

Gotta say, i'm impressed with it this year. I haven't had any server issues, granted i rarely play online, but after the 2k14 debacle and not being able to play unless online, this is a welcome change.

Game play fells a lot tighter and more weighty, you actually feel like you have a presence when you use a player. Just an awesome game so far
    Last edited by Ai2death; 10-12-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Banned

What sets the type of player you are in mycareer? My shooting guard ending up as an aggressive scorer even though he has a high 3pt rating he still struggles to hit 3ds whereas my small forward who has a lower 3pt rating is a perimeter shooter and knocks down contested and open 3s like it's nothing. Does it just make your player better at certain things based on where your first points go? Because my shooting guard has higher outside shooting than any other skill point option but still is an average shooting and a better driver.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I'm seriously loving this My GM mode. I'm using it like if it were Football Manager. A really shitty, stripped down version of Football Manager... For basketball.

But the last two days I've spent way too many hours on this game, and I didn't play a single game. I'm just simming shit and running the franchise. Westbrook just retired, so I've played that many seasons.

FYI: Tony Parker ends up the best coach of the former players. By far. Don't know if it's set or random per game tho. And Durant won 6 straight MVPs. Most of the players really start sucking around 30, except the 90+ superstars. Even Curry was like 68 by the time he hit 31.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-12-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Just pulled a Harden in MyTeam

http://instagram.com/p/syDMZUNlUI/?modal=true

NBA Superstar

Explain?
    I'm going to copy and paste from earlier in this thread (page 3), as that may be easier than repeating everything again:

...I think the gist is, based on the type of player a guy is (say, defensive type), their overall may give heavier weight to their individual rebounding and and blocking attributes.

From a 2K developer:
    Each Position has a set of Archetypes (or Player Types, if you will). All-Around, Athletic, Defensive, etc. Some positions share some of them, some have some unique ones too. A player has an overall per player type per position. So a player has (NumberOfPositions * NumberOfPlayerTypesPerPosition) overall ratings. Each Positional Player Type has its own overall formula (so PG All Around has a different formula than PF All Around has a different formula than C Defensive).

Whenever his overall rating gets updated, we calculate all the overall ratings for his position by player type. The player type that gives him his the highest overall is the one we determine "most compatible", so we assign it to him along with that Overall.

So yes, a player that might be C All-Around but as years go by sees his offensive attributes regress but you've made sure to keep him up to par defensively using (cheap plug but I'm a dev) our new in-season Training system, might see his player type change to C Defensive, and his value to the team will still be there.
    So, with that, guys like Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan may register high overalls because they still excel in areas that are very important to their player type. Previously, there was one overall formula, and Dirk always seemed to be punished for being incredible at certain aspects of the game, but only so-so in others while guys who were pretty good on both sides of the ball (while not great at anything in particular) received higher overalls than one may expect.

The old system may have literally provided an overall summation of a player's completeness. But the new system seems to be tied to what a player means to a team. Dirk, in theory, should be an 89 because the incredible skills he has - combined with even the not-so-great ones - still make him a great & important player to his team. I think...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I'm going to copy and paste from earlier in this thread (page 3), as that may be easier than repeating everything again:

...I think the gist is, based on the type of player a guy is (say, defensive type), their overall may give heavier weight to their individual rebounding and and blocking attributes.

From a 2K developer:
    So, with that, guys like Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan may register high overalls because they still excel in areas that are very important to their player type. Previously, there was one overall formula, and Dirk always seemed to be punished for being incredible at certain aspects of the game, but only so-so in others while guys who were pretty good on both sides of the ball (while not great at anything in particular) received higher overalls than one may expect.

The old system may have literally provided an overall summation of a player's completeness. But the new system seems to be tied to what a player means to a team. Dirk, in theory, should be an 89 because the incredible skills he has - combined with even the not-so-great ones - still make him a great & important player to his team. I think...
    I'm not sure this system works the best if what has happened to me is correct. If it changes your player role based on your stats for what gives a higher OVR, and the role changes the weights for stats. Then that means my shooting guard who has a higher 3pt shot than my small forward but is an aggresive scorer due to his other stats ends up being a worse 3 point shooter than my lower rated 3pt shooting small forward because he is a permiter player based on having low everything else?

I suppose at the end of the day the overall rating isn't what matters, the individual stat ratings are.

I suppose at the end of the day the overall rating isn't what matters, the individual stat ratings are.
    Honestly that's how it should have been a long time ago.

Learning to shoot layups nzamcdza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Honestly that's how it should have been a long time ago.
    Exactly it is all relative to the situation.

Love Live Life

Man I don't what it is about this game but my on-ball defense is booty. Especially on the Park. I was above average in 2k14 now I can't guard anyone to save my life.

There's like a 2 second delay in the Park also. I think I'm bout to give up on it. I've created a PG, PF, and a SG and I still can't get the hang of the defense on here.

I've noticed on the online Quick Match everyone just plays off ball. Its funny cause I was playing a guy last night and I would purposely throw the ball to whoever he was guarding and he would switch everytime. It was like playing hot potato lol.

Anybody got any tips for the shooting on here? I thought I understood the shot meter but I keep missing open shots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Man I don't what it is about this game but my on-ball defense is booty. Especially on the Park. I was above average in 2k14 now I can't guard anyone to save my life.

There's like a 2 second delay in the Park also. I think I'm bout to give up on it. I've created a PG, PF, and a SG and I still can't get the hang of the defense on here.

I've noticed on the online Quick Match everyone just plays off ball. Its funny cause I was playing a guy last night and I would purposely throw the ball to whoever he was guarding and he would switch everytime. It was like playing hot potato lol.

Anybody got any tips for the shooting on here? I thought I understood the shot meter but I keep missing open shots.
    Shooting still frustrates me. For some reason I still have issues my my shooting guard missing wide open shots yet my small forward hits them all with the same form and lower 3pt rating. My shooting guard even bricks wide open 3s. I upped his shooting so much he is now listed as a sharpshooter as well yet is shooting 29% from 3 and my small forward shoots 48% from 3 (and he was at 60% until I simmed a bunch of games).
    Just defended Lebron for the first time in mycareer, he's really hard to defend he literally just shoves me with his offhand every play and I fall over it seems lol.