Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Youngest Person Ever Executed In The US Found Innocent

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    That's why Israel & those of the Jewish faith still demand (& get) billions in reparations from countries like Germany?

You cannot criticize Israel without being accused of being an 'anti Semite' who wants to see 'another holicaust'.

Netanyahu was just complaining recently about how Europe has forgotten the atrocities of the Holocaust because they refuse to walk lock step with his little Apartheid state.

Holocaust-"Never forget'.(although it didn't happen in America)

Slavery /Jim Crow- "get over it'.
    the palestinians have more than 50% of the fault in there not being a 2 state solution, IMO.

As horrible as netanyahu is, he is the result of the Palestinians constantly politically castrating the israeli political left throughout the 90s.

Eg. peace deal followed by terrorist attack.

at a certain point guys like rabin, Shimon Peres and Ehud Barak look like fools.

Though if we get into this debate jeff will delete this thread

He might be the jameerfear of his era. Wrongfully hated, Wrongfully accused.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Im not referring to this. Just people online who say stuff like "america is still as racist as it every was, it just hides it better"

To me that is illogical and bitter

Ever been made to feel like you're inferior because of your ethnicity?

I live in Southern California. Not Alabama dude. It's still out there. As illogical as you want to think that is.

It's so deeply engrained into the psyche of this country that it's not obvious unless you pay attention.

It's of course not as bad as 1940 America but it's a pathological struggle even today.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Im not referring to this. Just people online who say stuff like "america is still as racist as it every was, it just hides it better"

To me that is illogical and bitter.

I don't quite understand. Are you trying to argue that ugly, deep-seated racism does not exist in America today?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I don't quite understand. Are you trying to argue that ugly, deep-seated racism does not exist in America today?
    No of course it exists. Its a country of 330+ million people there are people that believe lizard men rule washington. Racism is inevitable. There are cases where black people still get randomly lynched today. Some years a go these white teens ran over a black guy with a truck for no reason, except he was black.

Neo Nazis exist, etc.

I am arguing it doesnt exist in enough abundance where it would be the main factor in a non-white person failing in the vast majority of cases imo.

At one time deep seated racism was a big enough factor that all other factors were rendered useless. Eg. pre 1980s america under no circumstances would have elected a black president.

I still havent seen people give specific examples of their race holding them back.

Eg. This bank manager saw I was black and refused to loan me money, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror

I live in Southern California. Not Alabama dude. It's still out there. As illogical as you want to think that is.

It's so deeply engrained into the psyche of this country that it's not obvious unless you pay attention.

It's of course not as bad as 1940 America but it's a pathological struggle even today.
    I also live in SoCal and can confirm this is bullshyt. I live in the heart of Los Angeles, and deal with all different kinds of people/races. On the daily. People don't "talk" about it nor is it even brought up unless something BLATANT occurs, ie. the Rodney King incident.

The individuals who still cry "racist!!" have either deep seeded issues (see: the religious and protester fanatics around Venice beach -- they're all filled with bitterness and hate), or simply just confuse class with race.

Generally speaking, LA is made up of multicultural minorities. LAPD for example (since everyone is talking about "racist white cops") are actually 34.9% white, 43.6% Hispanic/Latino, and 11.6% black -- just some food for thought.

NBA rookie of the year

I would really appreciate examples.

Also sometimes on the basketball court

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    How do those pro-death sentence feel about this?
    Feels okay since no one expect all sentences to be 100% accurate.

Or set off to look for it.

good riddance regardless