Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why doesn't Klay Thomson follow Curry's training regime?

Curry is one of the hardest working players in the history of the game, now he's reaping the benefits

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Klay and Steph are teammates and good bros.

Steph came in the league with a great jump shot and shaky handles, so did Klay.

Since coming in to the league, Steph has worked on his handles to the point where they are one of his biggest strengths, and he has become hands down the greatest shooter of all time.

Klay still has a great shot but he isn't capable of consistently hitting pull-up 32 footers like Curry can, and his handles are still bad.

Why doesn't Klay follow Curry's training blueprint for greatness? What is stopping him? He may never be as great as Curry but what's stopping him from training his handles like Curry did?
    Following the same training regime doesn't mean much. If it did, you could ask the same thing for any other team...why can't Ibaka shoot threes? Can't he just ask Durant to help him out in practice?

Local High School Star

There are not the same. Besides the fact that Klay is 2 years younger, Curry was the more promising player. As a sharpshooter Klay is close to Curry but in no way better. The level Curry is playing now for me is beyound Klay's capabilities. In his best seasons Klay could be a 25 ppg efficient scorer and that is.

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by julizaver
    There are not the same. Besides the fact that Klay is 2 years younger, Curry was the more promising player. As a sharpshooter Klay is close to Curry but in no way better. The level Curry is playing now for me is beyound Klay's capabilities. In his best seasons Klay could be a 25 ppg efficient scorer and that is.
    How is it beyond klay capabilities when he's taller and more athletic than steph with a note natural shooting touch..?

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi
    This is true

But like I stated earlier above

Any player

Literally

Any player can turn into steph curry when given the INSTITUTIONALIZED level of confidence he's given from all levels

Media

Organizational (systematic chucking)

Promotional (Under Armour + AdamSilver NBA rule changes)

Racial (middle America is pulling for his success and puts his family all over TV)

the perfect storm for the most perfect imperfect player in steph

Remember J Lin?

Confidence on all levels can create the perfect storm

Remember at the end of the day

It's just throwing a ball into a basket as best as possible

Tons of ways you can do it and millions of people are all equally effective at it when they're in there groove

But even if you have all the confidence in the world and you can shoot like Stephen

It still doesn't matter if you haven't won over..

The media, your organization, the league office and outside sponsors, and middle America

And yall ****** really thought this shit was X's and O's and about basketball?

Lol funny
    I don't know if you're trolling but damn your posts in this thread are some of the most retarded sh*t I've ever read.

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubnation
    I don't know if you're trolling but damn your posts in this thread are some of the most retarded sh*t I've ever read.

really?

i believe everything i have said has strong basis to it if you choose to build your own narrative based on the given info and stop treating everything espn says about a player/team as gospel when in reality they have as much info and "expertise" about this league as any message board random

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi
    Klay even said at the championship parade about steph

"You want to hate the guy but he makes it difficult most of the time"

And this is in public to your superstar teammate who everyone loves and they have a weak talking relationship to begin with

I'm telling you

Klay definitely thinks curry is a ballhog but he's too team oriented and humble to make a fuss

See klays body language when steph got ripped by gallo, disgusted at the level of hoggery and selfishness of curry at such a crucial moment that he had to let it out
    Talking about selfishness and ball hogging yet you sport a kobe avatar and sn handle?

But I get the point... I mean it's easy to see why tony allen was never the scorer kobe was. He never had the chance to chuck and ball hog. And hchjjfjxbbxnjskalanbxhxjksmb institutionalized shdjkfnbskznfbxhxnnssjkxksnxjkxksnjxk
    Media
    xkmsmzjxoldksbxfjjsndhjdksnsnxhjfjksbshd
    Confidence to create the perfect storm ejjdhf

Derp

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Following the same training regime doesn't mean much. If it did, you could ask the same thing for any other team...why can't Ibaka shoot threes? Can't he just ask Durant to help him out in practice?
    Durant helping out Ibaka would certainly help his shooting. Ibaka following Durant's shooting training program would for sure improve his shooting.

Are you denying that Klay practicing Curry's handles training drill every day will improve Klay's handles?

What is stopping Klay from training his handles with Curry and following Curry's handles program?

Decent playground baller

I think at heart, Klay is more selfish than Curry but is willing to do what the coach says because he also knows it is best for the team. When Klay is hot, Curry does all he can to get Klay the ball. Yet, as MoBe1Kanobi pointed out, Klay publicly stated "You want to hate the guy but he makes it difficult most of the time." I think this speaks more to his jealousy, but he ultimately knows that Steph is a good guy and helps them win, and that is the part that makes it difficult to hate him.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Durant helping out Ibaka would certainly help his shooting. Ibaka following Durant's shooting training program would for sure improve his shooting.

Are you denying that Klay practicing Curry's handles training drill every day will improve Klay's handles?

What is stopping Klay from training his handles with Curry and following Curry's handles program?
    Of course it will improve. Dray trained with Steph's trainer over the summer. He's now a triple double machine. It can be done but the desire has to be there. Klay seems to be fine with what he's doing.