Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Magic Johnson ALLEGEDLY the reason Kawhi rejected LAL

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Report
    Plenty worked in the Clippers' favor during free agency, but Magic Johnson's decision to go public with the information that he spoke to Kawhi about the Lakers reportedly eliminated the Lakers from contention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi's Boy
    Per Buha and Amick, Leonard and his uncle, Dennis Robertson, made it clear throughout free agency that they valued discretion.

A person involved in Kawhi's free-agent process believes Johnson speaking out played a role in Leonard deciding against signing with the Lakers: "I truly believe that when Magic started telling the media about the meeting he had with Kawhi and Dennis, that sealed the fate of the Lakers. I think that right there was when Dennis and Kawhi decided we can't trust the Lakers as an organization. And that was it. I think that was it for them."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lippers-lakers

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks Magic

I don't believe this was the SOLE REASON he decided not to join (obviously), but I definitely believe it is what put the nail in the coffin. Had Magic not spoke out, maybe Kawhi would not have waited so damn long and might have actually signed with the Lakers believing that the Clips could not bring him a running mate.

At the end of the day, it is what it is but it's bitter sweet to read this article. Bitter obviously why, but sweet because it reassures us once again that Magic was indeed the problem in the front office and that we are better off with Pelinka in charge.

Say whatever you want about Pelinka, he at the bare minimum knows how to keep his mouth shut.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Magic Johnson ALLEGEDLY the reason Kawhi rejected LAL

shitshow

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    shitshow
    Yes, Magic is. An independent party with no legal affiliation to an NBA team is indeed a shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Better than your f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]kboi team
    keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night
    Setting yourself up for disappointment. You know another 2nd round exit is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
    Setting yourself up for disappointment. You know another 2nd round exit is coming.
    might be but it won't be the Lakers. Clippers or Denver you know good teams not just a couple superstars

might be but it won't be the Lakers. Clippers or Denver you know good teams not just a couple superstars
    Hey man, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Keep up with your obsession, tho.

Hey man, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Keep up with your obsession, tho.
    I sleep fine. It's only basketball. The Lakers certainly are the least of my concerns. Relying on an aging superstar coming off his first significant injury and a so called superstar who has never carried a team anywhere and has always missed games. The supporting cast is certainly not inspiring especially their center duo

The story is bullshit and simple levels of thinking will tell you as much...

Multiple reports surfaced prior to this one stating that Kawhi was targeting the Clippers from the beginning and that he had reached out to Kevin Durant, Paul George and possibly others to team up before free agency even started... which would have been impossible on the Lakers.

This is just someone creating a false narrative to stir shit up for whatever unknown reason...

All that aside, we all know Magic is a moron and a **** up so whatever.

Leonard wanted to sign with the Clippers from the beginning. The only reason it took so long was because he wanted another player to join him, so the Clippers had to make a deal for PG. Had that trade not happened, Leonard could have signed with someone else, but that does not change the fact that the Clippers was his number one choice all along.

I sleep fine. It's only basketball. The Lakers certainly are the least of my concerns. Relying on an aging superstar coming off his first significant injury and a so called superstar who has never carried a team anywhere and has always missed games. The supporting cast is certainly not inspiring especially their center duo

Oh are they?

You seem to be posting about the Lakers quite a bit lately, you sure they are not on your mind? Some very strong feelings about them too, I'd say you do care. Quite a bit.

Maybe you're one of those fans whose joy comes from hating on the Lakers? To each his own, seems miserable to me personally.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

They probably deep down don

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    The story is bullshit and simple levels of thinking will tell you as much...

Multiple reports surfaced prior to this one stating that Kawhi was targeting the Clippers from the beginning and that he had reached out to Kevin Durant, Paul George and possibly others to team up before free agency even started... which would have been impossible on the Lakers.

This is just someone creating a false narrative to stir shit up for whatever unknown reason...

All that aside, we all know Magic is a moron and a **** up so whatever.

I don't wanna speak for you, but I believe you're misinterpreting this story.

It doesn't say in the article that the Lakers were his first choice and this is what led him to cutting them out of the picture. Rather, any idea he had of potentially joining the Lakers, whether it was a high chance or low chance (no one knows...it's Kawhi, he's not gonna talk us through it lol) were wiped away after Magic came out to reporters about his talk with Kawhi.

That is what the article reports, not my personal opinion, I'm directly quoting them.

I agree that the Clips were his 1st choice (purely looking at it from hindsight...I don't think anyone can say 100% what his plan was, it's ALL ultimately speculation since Kawhi has not disclosed shit), but surely he wouldn't have reached out to Magic had it not been for SOME KIND of interest in joining the Lakers.

At the end of the day, it is irrelevant seeing as he is part of the Clippers. That is that and there is nothing more to it.

It does, however, solidify that Magic is a jackass. Ik we knew that, but any chance I get to shed light on Magic's dumbass after last seasons disaster, you best believe Ima share that. Those trade deadline leaks absolutely killed this team.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Oh are they?

You seem to be posting about the Lakers quite a bit lately, you sure they are not on your mind? Some very strong feelings about them too, I'd say you do care. Quite a bit.

Maybe you're one of those fans whose joy comes from hating on the Lakers? To each his own, seems miserable to me personally.
    Nuggets/Clippers/Jazz fans.. all they talk about is Lakers

I agree that the Clips were his 1st choice (purely looking at it from hindsight...I don't think anyone can say 100% what his plan was, it's ALL ultimately speculation since Kawhi has not disclosed shit), but surely he wouldn't have reached out to Magic had it not been for SOME KIND of interest in joining the Lakers.

Having reread my post and particularly the bold...this story could very well be BS and just be offseason chit chat.

Magic's still a dumbass tho, he knows Kawhi values privacy and discretion above all.