Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Tim Duncan joins Spurs coaching staff

Duncan is super quiet in public but I kinda doubt he's just going to be a meek little mouse sitting in the corner letting players walk on him while coaching.

Pretty sure Duncan has it in him to tear peoples' asses up verbally... just like we know for a fact that he will **** them in the ass off the court. #homo

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I don't understand dudes that want to be involved in the NBA for the rest of their lives. Dude you have money, you prob have access to any hot woman (or man, whatever you prefer). Enjoy life, fall in love, travel, relax, play golf. Coaching is stressful, I'm sure more than playing. Getting Demar Derozan to stop ISO'ing is just not worth it.

For love of the game????
    2-3 years of retirement and waking up with nothing to do every morning gets boring. You can only fk around so much.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Love Tim but I don't think he's cut out to be a coach. Super quiet and doesn't show much emotion.
    Duncan gets heralded by every player ever as arguably the greatest leader of all time and you think he never talks?

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    2-3 years of retirement and waking up with nothing to do every morning gets boring. You can only fk around so much.
    Exactly.

It's called having drive in life and wanting to feel accomplished at the end of each day.
    Living a chilled life is only cool for so long...

Quote Originally Posted by thefatmiral
    Tim duncan will eventually be the head coach. Im excited for it.
    I always thought Pop was grooming Will Hardy for the job.

I don't understand dudes that want to be involved in the NBA for the rest of their lives. Dude you have money, you prob have access to any hot woman (or man, whatever you prefer). Enjoy life, fall in love, travel, relax, play golf. Coaching is stressful, I'm sure more than playing. Getting Demar Derozan to stop ISO'ing is just not worth it.

For love of the game????
    Life gets boring pretty damn fast if you don't feel like you're accomplishing something.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    He was involved in his own car customization business. Not the same excitement as playing for a title but he wasn't slacking off.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Love Tim but I don't think he's cut out to be a coach. Super quiet and doesn't show much emotion.
    most likely will be a token role ala Juwan Howard, but also more like a locker room guy and someone who can talk to the bigs.

Good thing Joey Crawford isn't around anymore to eject him again for laughing

Anyway glad to see Timmy returning, he'll most likely continue Pop's legacy and perhaps carry the Spurs to greatness once again.
    Last edited by Celtics 1825; 07-23-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Duncan will own the spurs one day

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Duncan gets heralded by every player ever as arguably the greatest leader of all time and you think he never talks?
    Holy hell it was a joke.

Duncan always lead by example and, to my knowledge, wasn't really one to "bark" orders around during a game. I really only watched him a lot in the postseason so obviously I missed a ton of games. Duncan was a GREAT leader no question about it and commanded respect because he'd tear the other team apart without so much as raising his voice.

On the other side of the spectrum you have someone like KG. Notorious trash talker and never shut up. KG was one who "barked" orders and I say that in the best possible way since he wasn't putting his teammates down or yelling at them (although there are exceptions like Glen Davis and he honestly wasn't the best leader off the court)... He was just super vocal about letting his teammates know what was happening and where they needed to be. He was A GREAT leader on the court and his "barking" and telling people where they needed to be is why he is one of the best team defenders in history.

Anyway, Duncan will be fine. So smart, so skilled, so respected... It'll be hard to gauge his impact right away as Pop pretty much has everything in place and being a legend doesn't guarantee success but if I had to guess I'd say he is WAY more likely to be Larry Bird vs. Michael Jordan.

Finally...I truly don't believe he will make it as a head coach (if he ever gets a job as one) as you sometimes need a mean streak to call players out, bench them or go after a referee. I don't doubt his knowledge at all. I'll be rooting for him as you can't have the guy.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Has Pat Ewing eternal assistant coach written all over it.
    Agreed

For love of the game????
    eh, yes?