Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Kobe, Lebron, KD failed to three-peat

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You could argue Pau was the same level as 2000 Kobe. He certainly gave Kobe more help in the finals than Kobe gave Shaq in the 2000 finals.
    Pau led the lakers in winshares/48 in 2010. He was - by some metrics - slightly ahead of Kobe. Even if you'd argue that he was neck and neck or slightly below at best, that's much more help than Kobe gave Shaq in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Pau led the lakers in winshares/48 in 2010. He was - by some metrics - slightly ahead of Kobe. Even if you'd argue that he was neck and neck or slightly below at best, that's much more help than Kobe gave Shaq in 2000.
    No sense arguing with PromBetheus about Kobe. He thinks it makes him smart to make the “unconventional” take that Kobe>LeBron. Definition of a pseudo-intellectual.

Saw a basketball once

KD blew his Achilles out though

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

6 seems arbitrary. But even then, he absolutely did. The goal is to lead your team to a title. Jordan led his teams to 6 titles in 8 years.

We don't care about reaching the finals and then failing on the biggest stage. That isnt an accomplishment.
    So Jordan never had a 6 year run as dominant as LeBron ok

Thanks for playing

Never leading against Boston and losing in 6, and then getting swept in the 2nd round by Dallas in 2011, is not "nearly 3peating"

If you wanted to know why the Lakers weren't more competitive, it's simple. Kobe shot like trash. 40% for the series, and they lost a pivotal game 4 when Kobe choked down the stretch and watched Paul Pierve lead the Celtics to an NBA record 24 points finals comeback at Staples. 7-20 if I'm not mistaken, was Kobe. In that very close game.
    You can try to word it however you like but the fact remains is that he made the finals then won 2 in a row right after. A loss by 1 is the same as a loss by 20. Same result. He nearly 3peated isn't hyperbole. And lol @ shooting 40% who gives a damn? It's called playing a GOAT type defense. 08 Celtics spent the whole series focused on Kobe because the rest of the cast was subpar. Teams live and die by their star player (unless you're the old suns, they just die by the 3) and the Lakers followed that rule. It's why Kobe lead them to more wins than losses. I could give a damn about his efficiency when his overall effectiveness was GOAT tier. Ask 3ball about players who won multiple rings with the least amount of help, but you're too busy being ignorant to prove your point.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Since the 2000's? Him and Jordan are the only ones to do it in the last 50 years
    Yep. Pistons came soooo close. Just a phantom foul away in '88.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    As the man...only Shaq was able to do it since the 2000's started.

Shaq is criminally underrated all time and is > Kobe and Duncan.

2 players carrying a team to a three peat, but only 1 gets credit for it. Good ol Insidehoops.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Kobe nearly 3peated TWICE?

You mean going down 4-2 to Boston in 2008

Beating an Orlando Magic team with an recovering from injury all-star in 2009 (KG also was injured for the playoffs, so major asterisk)

Naturally getting gifted a FMVP that should have gone to Pau Gasol just because he was the media's golden boy in 2010

Swept as well as outplayed by Jason Terry in 2011

I'm trying to find that nearly 3peat

I've read a looooooooooooooot of bullshit on this site, but lord have mercy does this take the cake.

They couldn't help but to stop ignoring him you absolute dullard, no one played as well as he did during that time.

And now back to not taking yall seriously lol. Enjoy rooting for the Lakers for the next couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo

I've read a looooooooooooooot of bullshit on this site, but lord have mercy does this take the cake.
    GIFTED an MVP in 2008 when it clearly should have gone to CP3
    Phil Jackson openly admitting that Kobe was GIFTED all-d teams off name alone
    GIFTED a FMVP in 2010 after being carried by Gasol

Prove me wrong brother

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    GIFTED an MVP in 2008 when it clearly should have gone to CP3
    Phil Jackson openly admitting that Kobe was GIFTED all-d teams off name alone
    GIFTED a FMVP in 2010 after being carried by Gasol

Prove me wrong brother
    GiftBe

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    You can try to word it however you like but the fact remains is that he made the finals then won 2 in a row right after. A loss by 1 is the same as a loss by 20. Same result. He nearly 3peated isn't hyperbole. And lol @ shooting 40% who gives a damn? It's called playing a GOAT type defense. 08 Celtics spent the whole series focused on Kobe because the rest of the cast was subpar. Teams live and die by their star player (unless you're the old suns, they just die by the 3) and the Lakers followed that rule. It's why Kobe lead them to more wins than losses. I could give a damn about his efficiency when his overall effectiveness was GOAT tier. Ask 3ball about players who won multiple rings with the least amount of help, but you're too busy being ignorant to prove your point.
    In other words, you failed to rebut anything I've said. He was never close to a 3peat.

As far as his shooting percentage goes, his putrid shooting was the very reason they only won 2 games against that Celtics in 2008. Lebron - with a much weaker supporting cast - Tom them to the last minute of game 7. But when your star player bricks one shot after another at the tune of 40% for the series, you're not going to have a great chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    They couldn't help but to stop ignoring him you absolute dullard, no one played as well as he did during that time.

And now back to not taking yall seriously lol. Enjoy rooting for the Lakers for the next couple of years
    Is this a joke? what years are we talking? 2005-2007, Dirk was head and shoulders ahead of Kobe. In 2008, CP was so far ahead of him that it wasn't even funny, and Pierve outplayed him head to head on the biggest stage. 2009 onwards (if not 2008) lebron was already tiers ahead.