Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Option 1:Wade + Bosh Option 2: Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I take team #2. Btw, I think that team #1 would have Allen come off the bench and have Chalmers start at point. I think that balances them a little better than having 4 wings in the game and no point guard.
    Man, I'm tempted to take ignore off

Current LeBron with prime 02 Shaq would be deadly.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Ignore list comes in perfectly with that dude. He would probably say Nash got to play with Shaq as well
    I don't know that poster well enough to be annoyed with him to the point of ignoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Clearly you don't watch any games:

- Heat start Haslem not Battier

- Lebron >> Kobe as a rebounder
    Old Kobe has the most dominant Game 7 NBA Finals shooting guard rebounding performance of all time under his belt, I'm sure young Kobe could adjust to whatever his new team wanted him to do.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Old Kobe has the most dominant Game 7 NBA Finals shooting guard rebounding performance of all time under his belt, I'm sure young Kobe could adjust to whatever his new team wanted him to do.

One game does not mean somebody could be consistent with that. It also depends on the other team's game plan, and athleticism does not equal better rebounding anyway. I'm sure Kobe picked up a trick or two in his years playing the game. Could young Kobe have a great rebounding night? Sure. Would he do it consistently? I doubt it. Would he do it consistently against prime LeBron? I highly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    This is a much better response than mine. Sometimes I wonder why I respond seriously to ridiculous ideas. Especially the idea that young Kobe would do whatever his team wants rather than doing whatever young Kobe wants (which was to shoot above all else).

One game does not mean somebody could be consistent with that. It also depends on the other team's game plan, and athleticism does not equal better rebounding anyway. I'm sure Kobe picked up a trick or two in his years playing the game. Could young Kobe have a great rebounding night? Sure. Would he do it consistently? I doubt it. Would he do it consistently against prime LeBron? I highly doubt that.
    You are assuming Lebron even makes the Finals. Young Kobe/Wade/Bosh don't even have to face a 50 win team on the path to the Finals. That awkward Shaq and Lebron team have to face the loaded Kings, Blazers and Spurs.

This is a much better response than mine. Sometimes I wonder why I respond seriously to ridiculous ideas. Especially the idea that young Kobe would do whatever his team wants rather than doing whatever young Kobe wants (which was to shoot above all else).
    Isn't old Kobe earning all defensive team selections to this day due to through defensive effort he put forth in his youth? That's what you guys keep telling me at least.

You are assuming Lebron even makes the Finals. Young Kobe/Wade/Bosh don't even have to face a 50 win team on the path to the Finals. That awkward Shaq and Lebron team have to face the loaded Kings, Blazers and Spurs.
    I thought we were talking about 1 team versus another.

I counter your hypothetical situation with pointing out that Shaq on the 2011 Heat instead of Wade and Bosh may have put the Heat over the top of the Mavs. Any way we mix up these hypothetical situations can change the results, whether for good or for bad.

Isn't old Kobe earning all defensive team selections to this day due to through defensive effort he put forth in his youth? That's what you guys keep telling me at least.
    I don't think I told you shit in that department. And rebounding and defense are different. We were talking about rebounding, and somewhere you pull out this defensive team selection shit like it is relevant to what we were talking about.

Now I'm seeing why qrich suggested ignore.

I thought we were talking about 1 team versus another.

I counter your hypothetical situation with pointing out that Shaq on the 2011 Heat instead of Wade and Bosh may have put the Heat over the top of the Mavs. Any way we mix up these hypothetical situations can change the results, whether for good or for bad.
    You don't get both Shaq, the easy path to championship and the superior Heat benches. You get Shaq, the other Lakers not named Kobe and the much more difficult path to the title.

You don't get both Shaq, the easy path to championship and the superior Heat benches. You get Shaq, the other Lakers not named Kobe and the much more difficult path to the title.
    Taking ignore off for a minute was well worth it.

What do the Lakers or the Heat have to do with this if it wasn't Kobe vs LeBron? I mean, afterall, aren't you the Kobe Loving F[COLOR="Black"]a[/COLOR]ggot who earlier asked why Kobe was brought in?

I don't think I told you shit in that department. And rebounding and defense are different. We were talking about rebounding, and somewhere you pull out this defensive team selection shit like it is relevant to what we were talking about.

Now I'm seeing why qrich suggested ignore.
    You suggested all young Kobe cared about is scoring, yet its a common held belief on this board that Kobe Bryant has only been given all defensive team selections in recent years due to his defense back during the first 3 peat. Obviously young Kobe doesn't only care about scoring.

I was talking about the 2011 Heat if they hypothetically had Shaq instead of Wade/Bosh, I wasn't talking about the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Taking ignore off for a minute was well worth it.

What do the Lakers or the Heat have to do with this if it wasn't Kobe vs LeBron? I mean, afterall, aren't you the Kobe Loving F[COLOR="Black"]a[/COLOR]ggot who earlier asked why Kobe was brought in?
    The initial question didn't but then you guys started creating fantasy situations where Lebron gets his creampuff path to the title, keeps his superior Heat teammates and gets prime Shaq. That's not how it works if you wanted to make it an actual young Kobe vs Lebron comparison.