Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ron Artest Used To Have B*tch Day in Practice and Reggie Miller is a Jerk....

Didn't Ron Artest realize that if him scoring on a guy meant the dude was a bitch what would that make Ron himself? Was it so shameful to have Artest score on you?

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Default Re: Ron Artest Used To Have B*tch Day in Practice and Reggie Miller is a Jerk....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Watching Reggie on shows like Open Court he seems like he would be kinda nice. Oh well.
    This is a common misconception and it's only natural.

Even serial killers can look nice on camera when they're aware they're on camera.

Would anybody care to share anymore atrocities Miller has done off the court aside from hazing a rookie

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43
    Nice way to put the video out of context. He was probably implying that as the leader of the team he should have shot the ball instead of passing to kevin ollie/jermaine o'neal which both led to turnovers because they were not equipped to handle the pressure situation in the dying seconds of the game. It is the same way that Lebron gets criticized a ton for passing up gamewinners to his teammates instead of taking the shot.
    You are entitled to your opinion. His tone and the manner with which he spoke gave me a different feeling entirely, beginning with dubbing himself "the Boogeyman". I even remember the cutback to the Inside the NBA crew where they were all like, "Ohhhhkay.... yikes. Just threw his teammates under the bus like that."

However, I mean this respectfully, but I can see you are a big fan of Reggie Miller so I get that we may have different interpretations of that interview. I'm pretty neutral on Reggie, it's just that interview came out and punched me in the face with how belligerent it felt, kind of out of nowhere too.

If he meant it in the manner you suggested, I feel he did an awful job of conveying as such, because it came across as if he were handing out backhanded insults to his teammates for failing while also propping himself up with false modesty. it felt like "Yeah I dunno, people seem to think I'm the Boogeyman or something, like I'm pretty great and whatnot... It's all my fault though, because I should have known my teammates sucked."
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-21-2014 at 10:48 AM.

[QUOTE]Now as I apply for jobs at fast food restaurants and get denied because they think I will be a distraction or when Edward Jones lets me go because a client didn

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    You are entitled to your opinion. His tone and the manner with which he spoke gave me a different feeling entirely, beginning with dubbing himself "the Boogeyman". I even remember the cutback to the Inside the NBA crew where they were all like, "Ohhhhkay.... yikes. Just threw his teammates under the bus like that."
    He was visibly frustrated but calm and "the Boogeyman" quote was about depicting himself as the villain because he was being interviewed in New Jersey. It was something that he says regularly, portraying himself as the "bad guy" so I see nothing wrong with that.

However, I mean this respectfully, but I can see you are a big fan of Reggie Miller so I get that we may have different interpretations of that interview. I'm pretty neutral on Reggie, it's just that interview came out and punched me in the face with how belligerent it felt, kind of out of nowhere too.
    He was blaming himself and was being frank about the game and he did take a subtle jab at his teammates but he was coming off a loss that ended their season and was still in the heat of the moment so it was pretty much understandable for anyone watching the interview. Pretty sure every star player has had moments like these given the situation which you failed to include in your original post making it much worse than it really was.

If he meant it in the manner you suggested, I feel he did an awful job of conveying as such, because it came across as if he were handing out backhanded insults to his teammates for failing while also propping himself up with false modesty. it felt like "Yeah I dunno, people seem to think I'm the Boogeyman or something, like I'm pretty great and whatnot... It's all my fault though, because I should have known my teammates sucked."
    As i have said he was being frank about the game and if you watched the interview his first "pass" was to kevin ollie in the dying seconds of the game which was an obvious mistake because he was a career 10-12th man type of player and was more of a chemistry guy or coach in training. His second pass was to a young Jermaine O'neal, someone who was never comfortable in those type of situations offensively.

He even said at the end that about "not putting them in that kind of position" which pretty much validates what I said originally.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43
    He was visibly frustrated but calm and "the Boogeyman" quote was about depicting himself as the villain because he was being interviewed in New Jersey. It was something that he says regularly, portraying himself as the "bad guy" so I see nothing wrong with that.

He was blaming himself and was being frank about the game and he did take a subtle jab at his teammates but he was coming off a loss that ended their season and was still in the heat of the moment so it was pretty much understandable for anyone watching the interview. Pretty sure every star player has had moments like these given the situation which you failed to include in your original post making it much worse than it really was.

As i have said he was being frank about the game and if you watched the interview his first "pass" was to kevin ollie in the dying seconds of the game which was an obvious mistake because he was a career 10-12th man type of player and was more of a chemistry guy or coach in training. His second pass was to a young Jermaine O'neal, someone who was never comfortable in those type of situations offensively.

He even said at the end that about "not putting them in that kind of position" which pretty much validates what I said originally.
    Again, I mean this with respect, but I think you might be taking things a little too seriously. Someone said they heard Reggie wasn't cool behind closed doors and it reminded me of an interview I heard from him many years ago that seemed really jerky, so I contributed it to the discussion.

Your line of "Pretty sure every star player has had moments like these given the situation which you failed to include in your original post making it much worse than it really was" seems to suggest that I should have listed every other player who ever said bad things once. That would be silly, as this topic was about Reggie Miller. I thought I was pretty straightforward - if that wasn't a player throwing his teammates under the bus, then I do not know what is. Maybe he's cool otherwise. Maybe not. I just posted a video.

Sometimes slipped out in the media as well - such as when he claimed he made two mistakes - deciding to pass to his teammates twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRs-lCRhtwE
    Holy shit...

NBA lottery pick

Lmao Ron Ron was crazy. Jax thought it was all fun and games but Ron was serious about that bitch shit.

Again, I mean this with respect, but I think you might be taking things a little too seriously. Someone said they heard Reggie wasn't cool behind closed doors and it reminded me of an interview I heard from him many years ago that seemed really jerky, so I contributed it to the discussion.

Your line of "Pretty sure every star player has had moments like these given the situation which you failed to include in your original post making it much worse than it really was" seems to suggest that I should have listed every other player who ever said bad things once. That would be silly, as this topic was about Reggie Miller. I thought I was pretty straightforward - if that wasn't a player throwing his teammates under the bus, then I do not know what is. Maybe he's cool otherwise. Maybe not. I just posted a video.
    No offense taken man just trying to explain things, I actually think your one of the better posters here but I just felt that you should have placed a little background on why he made those comment and what the situation was. If you disagree with my views I somewhat understand it.

5-time NBA All-Star

Sometimes slipped out in the media as well - such as when he claimed he made two mistakes - deciding to pass to his teammates twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRs-lCRhtwE
    When he got blocked by Tayshaun he deflected it to the younger players on the team saying they were "supposed to be the best in the game."

If he sensed a player was getting mad he would just start elbowing and even sneak punching them, and follow it up with "weak bish." He was a master of knowing where the refs eyes and camera's were. I know Starks and Jordan lost it after scoring on him - I think Kobe too. He was a master at raising the boiling point. A couple of his teammates thought he was the funniest player.

Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

He was definitely dickish at times, but was one hell of a basketball player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    If he sensed a player was getting mad he would just start elbowing and even sneak punching them, and follow it up with "weak bish." He was a master of knowing where the refs eyes and camera's were. I know Starks and Jordan lost it after scoring on him - I think Kobe too. He was a master at raising the boiling point. A couple of his teammates thought he was the funniest player.
    Very good description, and I mean that with no sarcasm whatsoever. He was one of the dirtiest players ever offensively.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Lmao Ron Ron was crazy. Jax thought it was all fun and games but Ron was serious about that bitch shit.

reggie a slimy little ****. That dude should he whooped his ass on the way out when he got cut. Reggie like 6'5" 180 lbs lol