Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Ron Artest Used To Have B*tch Day in Practice and Reggie Miller is a Jerk....

From David Harrison's blog.....
    http://malaceinthepalace.tumblr.com/

A quick flash back My father interviewed to be on the staff if the Colts and I went with him to Indianapolis in 1998. We went to a pacer game and got a photo with Reggie Miller. I kept that photo with me through high school and college as inspiration. At that time he was my favorite non center to ever play the game. I loved his toughness and thought it could rub off on me to make me better not just as a player but as a person. I pulled the pristine photo out of my locker and walked over to “Mr. Miller” as I called him. I introduced myself and stuck out my hand. He looked up from his chair and said “Why is this fat ****ing rookie taking to me?” I tried to back out and return to my locker in shame, but his butt buddy Jeff Foster saw the photo I had behind my back. ”Look he wants your autograph” Deputy Dog aka Jeff Foster snatched my photo and pointed it out to the room that was filling up to hear Reggie dog the rookie. ”You think Im going to sign this? Maybe if you clean up your ****ing locker and loose some ****ing weight I will” He had a point about my locker I had put my entire life in that room all summer and now that the vets were back it was time for me to move it but i literally had zero dollars and was living in the embassy suits. I felt the heat of tears welling up in my eyes and knew that I had to get out of there before I hurt someone. I took a deep breath and began to clean up my locker space, thats when Ron Artest came in. ”Your that guy from the real world?” ”Yeah I guess, I was just visiting my friend” “yeah MJ” I said I was waiting for him to start to picking on me but he didn’t, he gave me a small pep talk about keeping my head up and then put on a 40 pound weight vest and began to head out to the court for training. Only meeting Reggie ended with me felling like shit, Steven Jackson, JO, James Jones, Freddie, all of them were nicer to me. By the start of Vet camp our team bonded and came together to form a very formative team form the first to last man. Practice would end in fights daily Ron was normally the center of the problems. One of my favorite was the Bitch day. Ron made the announcement that if he scores on you your a bitch. So he and Jack were going at it all day. ”Bitch” as a three fell and Jacks face was classic, he was about to loose it until JO spoke up. ”Ron, yo we are teammates you can’t go around calling people bitches” “Well if I score on you your a bitch” Ron frankly responded “He’s just hyping himself up” Jack says “He’s not talking to me I don’t have a problem with it” “Yes, I am” Ron points to Jack ” I scored on you YOUR my bitch” “Now I have a problem” Jack begin to walk towards Ron and the the yell of Rick came over the crowd “No body is a Bitch! Just run the **** sucking play” It was kind of funny when Rick spoke like that EVERYTHING was either a **** sucker or a mother ****er. ”You mother ****ers are a team so stop with all the bullshit!” By the start of preseason and after many team meetings one ending with Ron telling Anthony Johnson That he will “Piss in a Gatorade bottle and make him drink it” we were just that a mother ****ing and any other type of female ****ing team. Off the court you couldn’t get us in the same room even threatening us with fines but on it we would fight for each other tooth and nail. This brotherhood was going to be tested on that fateful night In Auburn Hills.
    Last edited by Dro; 11-20-2014 at 12:56 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Ron Artest Used To Have B*tch Day in Practice and Reggie Miller is a Jerk....

Ron Artest hahaha cant help but like that crazy mother****er.

Default Re: Ron Artest Used To Have B*tch Day in Practice and Reggie Miller is a Jerk....

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
    Ron Artest hahaha cant help but like that crazy mother****er.

By the way, the entire blog is a very interested read for anybody who cares to read it all...Its long....Its not all Pacers, he name drops many people from Dwight Howard, says he hates Jay Bilas for being critical of him when the Pacers drafted him, something about him having small hands and short arms, lmfao....
    Last edited by Dro; 11-20-2014 at 12:58 AM.

It's interesting stuff but the dude needs to get an editor or at the very least look into what 'paragraphs' are.

Always wondered what happened to David Harrison. Thought for sure he would be a decent nba player. Hope he gets his head on straight in time.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    It's interesting stuff but the dude needs to get an editor or at the very least look into what 'paragraphs' are.
    Definitely...

Also, he doesn't seem like he's really over how things played out......

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Watching Reggie on shows like Open Court he seems like he would be kinda nice. Oh well.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Definitely...

Also, he doesn't seem like he's really over how things played out......
    Yeah, I went through and read more of his stuff today. It's tough to draw definitive conclusions from a limited amount of literature, as his mediocre writing skills might make things come off poorly, but from I read - he's still dealing with a lot of issues. There seemed to be a lot of projection of violence upon anyone who didn't feel he'd be the next greatest center in NBA history.

An excerpt on Jay Bilas, because Jay didn't love him in the draft:
    Jay Bilas makes the statement “why would you draft him he has small hands and short arms?” Hearing him say those words struck a fire in me first of all I wanted to kick his ass because I truly hate it when commentators who wouldn’t even be able to hold my jock strap had the ability to say what ever they wanted. To this day, If i see Bilias on tv commenting on his “expertise” It makes me heat up a bit I can feel his throat in between my hands and I can see his eyes rolling back into his head, but what i have learned is that in this world its not what you can do it honestly how the media projects you. So f*** you Jay and now that I am broke and have nothing to loose by fulfilling my dreams of your demise I would sleep differently if I were you*.
    I've been going through - he has a vendetta against just about everyone if they didn't treat him what he viewed to be extremely well. He seems to feel as though he's being singled out and victimized by virtually the entire world. Interesting to read but a little sad on the same hand. Hopefully he's alright, or can get to that point soon.

More: http://malaceinthepalace.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Yeah, I went through and read more of his stuff today. It's tough to draw definitive conclusions from a limited amount of literature, as his mediocre writing skills might make things come off poorly, but from I read - he's still dealing with a lot of issues. There seemed to be a lot of projection of violence upon anyone who didn't feel he'd be the next greatest center in NBA history.

An excerpt on Jay Bilas, because Jay didn't love him in the draft:

I've been going through - he has a vendetta against just about everyone if they didn't treat him what he viewed to be extremely well. He seems to feel as though he's being singled out and victimized by virtually the entire world. Interesting to read but a little sad on the same hand. Hopefully he's alright, or can get to that point soon.

More: http://malaceinthepalace.tumblr.com/
    Yeah, you hit the nail on the head....

Watching Reggie on shows like Open Court he seems like he would be kinda nice. Oh well.
    Everything I've heard in my entire life in this city from who's ever met him has said he's a jerk...I never knew that when I was younger though.....I've many other Pacers from those teams, Smits, Mark Jackson, Austin Croshere, Chris Mullin, etc, but I've never met or seen Reggie in person other than at a game.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    It's well known Reggie puts on a show for the cameras, acts lie a church boy, especially back when he was playing.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    It's well known Reggie puts on a show for the cameras, acts lie a church boy, especially back when he was playing.
    Sometimes slipped out in the media as well - such as when he claimed he made two mistakes - deciding to pass to his teammates twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRs-lCRhtwE

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Sometimes slipped out in the media as well - such as when he claimed he made two mistakes - deciding to pass to his teammates twice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRs-lCRhtwE

Reggie is i think the biggest douche trashtalker ever imo, just an evil ice veins competitor, which ingame made it hilarious to watch as he was able to back it up, hits a clutch shot & then gets back to you talking bout you & your choking mama. He didnt care who it was, he did this to MJ, the only guy to get under MJ's skin.... But i didnt know he was like that off the court, this is infact the first time i heard someone mention him acting like a douche off court, maybe it all was just an act and i wouldnt be surprised if he was, because i couldnt believe the ridicilous difference between him on & off court, its like evil vs good, like he is bipolar or something. :P
    Last edited by pauk; 11-20-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Reggie is i think the biggest douche trashtalker ever imo, which ingame made it hilarious to watch as he was able to back it up, hits a clutch shot & then gets back to you talking bout you & your choking mama. He didnt care who it was, he did this to MJ, the only guy to get under MJ's skin.... But i didnt know he was like that off the court, this is infact the first time i heard someone mention him acting like a douche off court, maybe it all was just an act and i wouldnt be surprised if he was, because i couldnt believe the ridicilous difference between him on & off court, its like evil vs good, like he is bipolar or something. :P
    It is crazy.....I've never seen him be disrespectful on camera unless it was the opponent.......

This guy should seriously work on his writing skills.