Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If Indiana beats Miami...

...I dont see it, but how great would that be? Indiana vs San Antonio/Memphis final. Casual fans run away screaming. Stern hangs his head at the miniscule ratings and tredges into the sunset.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: If Indiana beats Miami...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    ...I dont see it, but how great would that be? Indiana vs San Antonio/Memphis final. Casual fans run away screaming. Stern hangs his head at the miniscule ratings and tredges into the sunset.
    I don't think the Pacers can do it, but it would be hilariously awful for Stern to see SA/MEM vs the Pacers. Ouch...

I wouldn't bet much on it, but if we do see a Grizzlies vs Heat Finals...I like the Grizzlies to win the series.

Of course I wouldn't be surprised to see the Heat win with the greatness of Lebron and potentially Wade if he's healthier...but that Memphis team is literally built perfectly to beat the Heat. I really hope that is what we get to see.

Do you think Jeff would allow that?

There would no traffic.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    It would be one of the greatest things ever happened during Stern's reign. But I think he will do everything in his power to prevent that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I don't think the Pacers can do it, but it would be hilariously awful for Stern to see SA/MEM vs the Pacers. Ouch...

I wouldn't bet much on it, but if we do see a Grizzlies vs Heat Finals...I like the Grizzlies to win the series.

Of course I wouldn't be surprised to see the Heat win with the greatness of Lebron and potentially Wade if he's healthier...but that Memphis team is literally built perfectly to beat the Heat. I really hope that is what we get to see.
    Two weeks ago the Heat are the stackiest, stacked, stack team that ever was... Lebron has a supporting cast like no other...

This week? You like the Grizzlies (a team that has just been to its first conference finals ever) to win a series against the "most historical stacked team--relative to competition" that ever was...

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

devin stern would cry

It would be fine.

The world will go on.

What if Stern allows it just so small market teams can never say Stern screwed them over?

They can, if it wasn't for the obvious post 2002 referee bias for promoting more marketable teams. Some of the calls in that Bulls / Heat series were so in favor of Miami it was a shock for the announcers to not even mention the blatant favoritism.

With that said, I think Indiana can win. But they'll have to overcome a probable motivated non coasting LeBron James, and like I said ... the refs. If this was the league pre 2002, they'd have a more legit shot.

Since 2002 the NBA at various times has had some very questionably won games due to extremely off officiating. When this was a sport, and not entertainment ... they'd have had a better chance. As it stands, even with Miami being injured and not hitting on all cylinders, it's still not likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    What if Stern allows it just so small market teams can never say Stern screwed them over?

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Memphis/Pacers would be a brutal series.I am an avid basketball fan but even i wouldnt watch that series.A lot of ugly basketball no superstars no big story line

However pacers beating miami is always slim to none

IND vs SAS Finals would be a DISASTER for the NBA in terms of ratings. Stern and his refs will make sure that doesn't happen. NBA is a business after all...

The NBA in the early 2000s was an all-time low rating wise once MJ left. The NBA started pushing certain teams and/or players with favoritism officiating to keep league interest up. It's more than obvious. That's when it became entertainment, and not sport. Sad.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Honestly I hate even watching Miami games because its too obvious that thye refs wont ever allow them to lose early.. due to ratings.

I remember one time though in the 2011 finals, forget which game it was but it was in the middle of the series, obviously a very important game, and the refs straight turned on Lebron in the fourth. He went for a layup to tie or take the lead on a fast break and got called for a charge instead of an and one and the way he hung his head afterwards, its like one of his buddies stabbed him in the back lol.. and then Dallas scored on the next possesion to solidify the game.

Just goes to show how much refs can turn the tides.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Grizzles simply don't have enough shooters to spread the floor to beat Miami...the Heat would just pack the paint and kill them on the perimeter. Least Spurs have the offensive options on the perimeter.