Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: We finna act like Kobe wouldn't lead the Heat over the Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    also because of how true your tagline is

We good, my nigguh. Let's smoke up and then go pick up some hoes.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    We good, my nigguh. Let's smoke up and then go pick up some hoes.
    lol i'll take the bud and pass on the booty... got a wifey with a fat ass ready for it 24/7, actually I'm done with ISH for now, gonna sip some st ides and watch orange is the new black with her

I hear ya, bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    lol i'll take the bud and pass on the booty... got a wifey with a fat ass ready for it 24/7, actually I'm done with ISH for now, gonna sip some st ides and watch orange is the new black with her
    I'll take the girls if Prometheus doesn't

High School Varsity 6th Man

[QUOTE=DaSeba5]I don't think anyone is beating that Spurs team.[/QUOT

I can see the heat players would play much better with their heart with MJ on the team and the spurs momentum wouldn't be as strong against MJ's heat.

[QUOTE=sekachu]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I don't think anyone is beating that Spurs team.[/QUOT

I can see the heat players would play much better with their heart with MJ on the team and the spurs momentum wouldn't be as strong against MJ's heat.

Kobe did own the Spurs...yet did not OWN a defensively stout Celtics team??

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Who is OP with his blue bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Who is OP with his blue bar?
    I am the first of a new breed of ISHer.

We shall replace you, as homo sapiens replaced the Cro Magnons and Neanderthals.

Kneel before your new master.

Kneel before...

Brilliant analogy and top notch logic... Kobe would beat the Spurs, well, because he's the Spurs killer.

So I just checked his series' against the Spurs because I knew he beasted in 2001 and 2008... but damn, what happened in 1999, 2003 and 2004?

1999: 21 ppg on 45%
    2003: 32/5/4 on 43% and 27 fga........ Through first 4 games: 35 ppg on 41%
    2004: 26 ppg on 46% and 22 fga

Spurs kilaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Jordan created a different type of focus with his teammates, a certain confidence and ability to battle/compete.

Miami was just a group of individuals, I don't think LeBron inspires that type of focus from his teammates. They play well when things are going good for them and fold when it gets tough.

Points/rebounds/assists are just one metric, great players impact the "flow" of the game in numerous way ... ie: hitting a shot at a key moment to swing momentum back in their favor.

That stuff does not show up on a stat sheet, but it's often things like that accumulated over the span of a game that can change a game.

The Spurs simply crushed Miami's spirit. But they're not some superhuman team, they had big trouble with 8th seed Dallas, could've easily lost that series, and probably would've needed 7 games versus the Thunder if Ibaka had not been injured.

Yup... The Thing was just, the Spurs best is/was much better than the Heat's best... In fact the Spurs best couldn't be matched by anyone in the league... Spurs best blew Teams out by 20+ Points at home, and except for 3 games or so, they won all their games by 15+ Points, right? Another record..

And let's not Forget, if not for that mighty cramp, the series would probably be at 3-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    It's the same Spurs team that very nearly was beaten in round 1 by the 8th seed Dallas Mavericks just a few weeks prior.

They just wanted it more than Miami did, Miami did not want to fight for a chip.

Beyond that I think a few chickens came home to roost for Miami ... for one I don't think LeBron/Wade/Bosh ever really played that great together. Their games were not a good fit and LeBron isn't the type of leader to get his teams to fit into his game philosophy.

Jordan was willing to accept a very different style of offence in the triangle, taking fewer shots, and letting Pippen taking over more of the ball handling because it's what was best for the team. LeBron expects everyone to play his style of game, I saw zero inclination on his part to adapt his game for the betterment of Bosh/Wade at all. He basically wanted to play the exact same way he did in Cleveland.

It's not a coincidence I think that when Lebron teams fold in the post-season, it tends to be a spectacular collapse with not a lot of fight left by the end of it. Dallas looked like the greatest team ever assembled by the end of the 2011 Finals when they were whupping Miami too. Shaq teams did the same thing.
    It's kind of a reflection of the lead player IMO.

Ohhhhhhhhh that analogy is such a cop-out

While I like your above post, you seem to get everything wrong here...

When you talk about Teams folding and collapsing, I think about 30 Point losses in last games... Kobe '06, '08, '11... I don't think of LeBron, a guy who was swept once and lost in 5 once, the rest always going to 6 and 7.. Never really getting blown out in any of those game 6's and 7's.

Also his style was dramatically different from the Cleveland one... In Cleveland LeBron averaged 35 ppg in 2009 and 32 ppg in 2010 before the late series meltdown / quit Job (?) vs Celtics... This LeBron is more passive, possibly gets to 30, but during the game does a lot more to get others involved.. Or lets say let them take over more. Which, on this supposedly stacked Team, should have worked.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 08-05-2014 at 05:57 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Thats why kobe is better. Lebron lacks the skills to score on elite defenses while kobe can. And the reason why idiots think bran is better than kobe is because of his apg which really can be replaced by other players like pippen or wade but kobe cant be replaced. So whos better is all about whos harder to replace/find not how much stats you have.

Great college starter

GTFO...lebron could have avg 35 ppg and they still would have lost because

1.Spurs scored at will with a balanced attack

2.Noone outside of LBJ showed up

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Brilliant analogy and top notch logic... Kobe would beat the Spurs, well, because he's the Spurs killer.

So I just checked his series' against the Spurs because I knew he beasted in 2001 and 2008... but damn, what happened in 1999, 2003 and 2004?

1999: 21 ppg on 45%
    2003: 32/5/4 on 43% and 27 fga........ Through first 4 games: 35 ppg on 41%
    2004: 26 ppg on 46% and 22 fga

Spurs kilaaaaa
    What happend in 1999?

He was 20.

What happend in 2004?

While dealing with Colorado hearings, he did this...

And if 2003 is the worst he did agsint the best team of the last 15 year?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    Do you not know how good a prime Duncan is?
    Do you know how good prime Wade was?

Unless he's playing with a peak/prime Shaq, he is not winning shit. Not saying that Kobe is a bad player or anything like that. The Spurs were just hot. 53 and 47 (from the 3)? That's just insane. Unless Kobe can guard 3 players at the same time, no.