Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: I think there's a real chance Spain knocks us out this year...

The Spanish backcourt and wings are complete shit, the only way they beat us is if we shoot like 15% from 3 from the game, which will be tough with Durant, Harden, Irving, Lillard, etc... on the team.

Marc Gasol isn't exactly going to drop 40 on us, I'm sure Boogie can body him up down low. He is a better player than Gasol after all.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    The Spanish backcourt and wings are complete shit, the only way they beat us is if we shoot like 15% from 3 from the game, which will be tough with Durant, Harden, Irving, Lillard, etc... on the team.

Marc Gasol isn't exactly going to drop 40 on us, I'm sure Boogie can body him up down low. He is a better player than Gasol after all.
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Nope
    Boogie is 6 years younger, his offense is in another galaxy from Gasol's, and honestly his defense isn't that much worse. Gasol is a better passer, (but Boogie is actually pretty good there as well).

No GM in their right mind would take Gasol over Cousins.

Boogie is 6 years younger, his offense is in another galaxy from Gasol's, and honestly his defense isn't that much worse. Gasol is a better passer, (but Boogie is actually pretty good there as well).

No GM in their right mind would take Gasol over Cousins.
    Gasol is a much better defender, hustles, PASSES, and is a scorer when you need him to be. Putting up points on a bad team doesn't mean that much if that's all you do.

I wouldn't even say cousins is that much better than Marc on O. Marc just posts up to facilitate the offense more than he does to get a shot.

They are valuable in different ways. If you need a go-to scoring option you take cousins. If you need anything else take Gasol.

Does team USA lack scoring options? No

I am personally worried about the marc-pau high-low game with all those skinny Spaniards running around em. That being said, I love it when people play US tight. Much more entertaining
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 08-04-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Serious playground baller

I've warned about the coming embarassment a long time ago and it's nice to see people are already attempting to reduce expectations.

50/50 chances for the US to go past Slovenia and Lithuania, 2nd place is the best they could get.
    There would be no medal for them if they didn't have such an easy schedule of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly BC
    I've warned about the coming embarassment a long time ago and it's nice to see people are already attempting to reduce expectations.

50/50 chances for the US to go past Slovenia and Lithuania, 2nd place is the best they could get.
    There would be no medal for them if they didn't have such an easy schedule of course.
    Willing to bet on it?

The Spanish backcourt and wings are complete shit

In every USA-Spain game at least one of Navarro/Rudy has scored 20+ on america's ass and now Sergio has also improved his game.
    If Spain has a weakness it's the lack of a pure sf, they only have guards and bigs in their roster. Might cause imbalance.

Willing to bet on it?
    Sure, if the US doesn't win the gold you'll have to get Spanoulis on your avatar.

Sure, if the US doesn't win the gold you'll have to get Spanoulis on your avatar.
    Deal. If USA wins gold you make JVG your avvy for a month. I lose and I have Vspan for a month.

Hmmm you look like an alt though so it will have to be your main account. I don't play that alt shit. You can pm me from your main so you don't get "exposed"
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 08-04-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    There must be something about the NBA that intimidates these international players

they drop 20+ in international play but ride the bench in the NBA
    Ignorant coaches can be pretty damn intimidating.
    You're kinda left thinking all the time, messes you up.
    Last edited by Oly BC; 08-04-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Deal. If USA wins gold you make JVG your avvy for a month. I lose and I have Vspan for a month.

Hmmm you look like an alt though so it will have to be your main account. I don't play that alt shit
    This is my one and only account. Don't try to make excuses to get out of the bet.

This is my one and only account. Don't try to make excuses to get out of the bet.
    Fine I don't want out USA has the best team.

The only times the usmnt loses is when they bring too many dribblers and not enough shooting. Not an issue this year.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 08-04-2014 at 12:38 PM.

In every USA-Spain game at least one of Navarro/Rudy has scored 20+ on america's ass and now Sergio has also improved his game.
    If Spain has a weakness it's the lack of a pure sf, they only have guards and bigs in their roster. Might cause imbalance.
    Navarro and Fernandez are actually guys I've seen play quite a bit so rest be assured, I'm not scared of those two

Navarro and Fernandez are actually guys I've seen play quite a bit so rest be assured, I'm not scared of those two
    You being an awful judge of players means nothing here. Rudy and Sergio will score 30+ on the US if the two sides meet while also being constant dangers in other areas of the game and if Navarro is on his day he will be laying up 3s like it's nothing.

Good college starter

Role players at best. Spain will probably park a zone against us because these 2 could hardly guard a lick. If it is under NBA players,I will give Spain + 20 But since it's amateur rules and Spain has good frontcourt, they can probably keep it close. Otherwise, Durant will absolute smoke those slow as molasses soft and unathletic Euros.