Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Political Correctness is the death of Freedom Of Speech

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    actually there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

never mind that by you waving your magic wand of man/woman only you completely ignore the point.

"traditional marriage" itself is a straight up bullshit term.

I mean what is traditional marriage really? What happened to the part where women are subservient chattel who had little to no say in the matter? Gotta dump the whole love aspect we cherish now b/c that had pretty much nothing to do with marriage back in the day. Shit man, why are we only allowed to have one wife now? Back in JC's day a dude could have as many as he wanted. Why is that no longer traditional?

No, I didnt prove your point.

I said if you don't like gay marriage don't associate with it. Don't go to a gay wedding. Don't go to a church that is fine with marrying gays. Don't get involved.

I did say if you are for a law that bans gay marriage you are a bigot. Gay people getting married literately does nothing to affect your life. They are consenting adults who simply happen to not subscribe to YOUR version of religion.
    funny how these bible thumper types who are concerned about homos besmirching the tradition of marriage never complain about the fact that half of man/woman marriages end in divorce.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    The history of the institution has been between a man and a woman. Nevertheless, you've proved my point about victimization. Gay marriage is here and it's here to stay. The problem I have is the topic of this discussion. If I disagree with it, I'm labeled a bigot plain and simple. The majority of Americans are not bigots and don't harvest any of this make-believe hate the media drivels up. The majority of Americans just don't believe in gay marriage. If people have a hard time deciphering between the two, then they are idiots.
    Well that is a form of bigotry. You are homophobic.

]The majority of Americans are not bigots and don't harvest any of this make-believe hate the media drivels up.
    For the vast majority of american history, (basically anything before 1970) the majority of this country was incredibly bigoted, on the issue of race. I dont even understand the counter argument.

currently older people born before 1970 ish dislike gay marriage. As you get younger, approval tends to rise.

The majority of Americans just don't believe in gay marriage.
    Are you a time traveler from 2004?

Public opinion polls in the United States since 2010 show majority support for legal recognition of same-sex marriage. Majority public support for same-sex marriage has solidified, as polls since 2010 consistently indicate support above 50%.[1] Support has increased steadily for more than a decade, with supporters first achieving a majority in 2010.[2][3][4][5] An August 2010 CNN poll became the first national poll to show majority support for same-sex marriage,[6] with nearly all subsequent polls showing majority support.[7][8][9][10]
    if you look at demographic trends, (specifically this issue among people born after 1990) gay marriage is almost a certainty.

I would love to hear what someone from an oppressed country would think of the concept of political correctness as it applies to the US. They'd prob laugh in your face if you said it was infringing on freedom of speech.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

you seem to not understated what freedom of speech means.

its not the freedom to say whatever you want without any repercussions.

its simply the freedom to say things w/o the gov't arresting your ass. (and even then there are certain limits)
    This should have ended the thread. Free speech has nothing to do with political correctness at all. The Constitution only protects you from the government. It doesn't protect you from your fellow citizens.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

If you are in favor of banning gay marriage than you are indeed a bigot.

Its total bullshit to hide behind "traditional marriage" as an excuse to keep it banned when you look at the actual history of the institution.

Nobody forces you to go to their weddings. If you don't like it, don't go to the wedding, don't go to a church that will perform them, and shut the **** up and leave the people alone.

I don't even care if you are opposed b/c of your religion. You know who else would say "I'm not a bigot, its my religion"? The same assholes who kept interracial marriage illegal for years b/c they believed the bible was against it.
    God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve you disgusting sexual pervert.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve you disgusting sexual pervert.
    Humans evolved from an ape like creature.

[QUOTE=Rasheed1]Shut the f*ck up whining about political correctness

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Humans evolved from an ape like creature.
    No such thing as evolution and nothing in the way of proof says otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I would love to hear what someone from an oppressed country would think of the concept of political correctness as it applies to the US. They'd prob laugh in your face if you said it was infringing on freedom of speech.
    I wonder how many people here realize that the term "politically correct" started as a joke among folks on the left.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

actually there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Show me where gay dudes were getting married in the Middle Ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Show me where gay dudes were getting married in the Middle Ages.
    Yeah man, I really wish our political and social institutions were more like the Middle Ages.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    No such thing as evolution and nothing in the way of proof says otherwise
    There is actually plenty of evidence to support evolution.
    The most compelling of which is the mutation/change in dna over a set timespan. I am no expert, but if i remember correctly you can take 2 species from the same evolutionary tree and study their dna to see how long ago they evolved from their mutual ancestor

There is however no evidence to support the creation story of genesis.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah man, I really wish our political and social institutions were more like the Middle Ages.
    There are still countries today, who are civilized with similar democracies that do not acknowledge gay marriage. Explain that.

I'll answer it for you. The United States has been overrun with Liberal Progressives who couldn't give two shits about how the country was founded. All they want is this utopian dream world where we all think and act alike.

But fine, gay marriage is here. Where do you draw the line? If I can marry my gay partner, then can I marry two gay partners? Can I marry my goat? Can I marry young children? If the young child consents, why are you infringing on our love for one another??

Serious playground baller CeilingFan#1's Avatar

you seem to not understated what freedom of speech means.

its not the freedom to say whatever you want without any repercussions.

its simply the freedom to say things w/o the gov't arresting your ass. (and even then there are certain limits)
    This. How do people repeatedly get this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    There is actually plenty of evidence to support evolution.
    The most compelling of which is the mutation/change in dna over a set timespan. I am no expert, but if i remember correctly you can take 2 species from the same evolutionary tree and study their dna to see how long ago they evolved from their mutual ancestor

There is however no evidence to support the creation story of genesis.
    All that proves is what I've said all along...evilutionists are good at: 1) making up stories; 2) making of drawings of things with no factual basis