Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default Is Goran Dragic the most under-appreciated player in the league?

Seriously, this kid played terrifically last season. I knew he was good, but I had no idea how good he was until recently.

Only five players averaged over 20 PPG and over 50 FG% this past year: LeBron, KD, Blake, Davis...... and Dragic.

He was the the sixth best finisher at the rim among all guards while also putting up the most attempts, as seen here --> http://i.imgur.com/fjl4ZZ5.jpg

Along with that, he also shot 41% from three point land on four 3 point attempts per game, averaged six assists, while being the best player on a surprisingly competitive team.

I know that he earned MIP and All-NBA third team honors, but I don't think there's a more under-appreciated player in the league.

Go watch some of his highlights, cus the kid can ball. He plays like a perfect hybrid of Nash and Ginobili.

IMO, he's a top 5 guard.

Default Re: Is Goran Dragic the most under-appreciated player in the league?

He has such a sexy handle. It real is a Nash throwback how he keeps his dribble alive for as long as he wants

great, Moran Dragon is back.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    He has such a sexy handle. It real is a Nash throwback how he keeps his dribble alive for as long as he wants

For real. And the way he circles the baseline is a leaf taken right out of Nash's book.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    For real. And the way he circles the baseline is a leaf taken right out of Nash's book.
    nash did the same thing for steve blake after 1 training camp and half a season of team practices with him. it truly is a pleasure to watch how nash has molded legit PG skills to his understudies.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

I feel the most underappreciated part of his game is his leadership. Dude flat out led the Suns, showing intangibles. That drives me crazy when my Suns constantly leaves him in trade convo every off season

Banned

It's scary that he can finish equally as good with either hand, since he is one of the best finishers in the league.

Also he is kinda cute.

Local High School Star

race

I'm a huge Suns fan and he's definitely become my favorite player. I saw the potential for him to be a star in the NBA by the 2nd year he was on the Suns and I'm glad he's finally gotten the chance to flourish and live up to the potential I saw in him. He has confidence through the roof, a drive to constantly push himself to be better, and a huge heart for the Suns team. He definitely bleeds purple and orange. He's grown into a great team leader and his effort sets a good example for the younger players on the team. If anyone on the Suns deserves the kind of long-term contract Bledsoe is trying to get, it's Dragic not Bledsoe...

I think the most underrated aspect of Dragic is his athleticism. He may have a choirboy face, but don't let that fool you because he has athleticism through the roof. He has good hops, he's fast, he has good size for a combo guard, and he has a lot of strength and proves it on the court powering through defenders and making shots after getting fouled.

There's a series on Youtube of Dragic training to get in the kind of shape he's in if anyone's interested in seeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov6Rv302Vwg&hd=1

20+ PPG on 50/40 shooting is pretty damn impressive

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    IMO, he's a top 5 guard.
    I disagree. He's in the same tier in the middle of the Curry/Wall/Irving guards. He's 5-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I disagree. He's in the same tier in the middle of the Curry/Wall/Irving guards. He's 5-10.
    Honestly I'd put him slightly above Wall and Irving at this point and right on the same level as Curry. Curry has the 3p/FT shooting advantage while Dragic has the 2p scoring advantage and isn't a huge liability on D like Curry is. Curry has more assists but Dragic split his assists with Bledsoe for a big chunk of the season and didn't have as good of a supporting cast as Curry to pass to and rack up those assists.

Dragic outplayed Curry overall in their combined meetings against each other last season. Curry is so much of a liability on defense that they didn't even let him guard Dragic and put Klay Thompson on Dragic instead... while on the other hand Dragic was assigned to guard Curry specifically. Yet a lot of people think Curry is so much better than Dragic... I don't understand why. Curry is extremely talented and so is Dragic. I think they both have the same level of potential but just in different categories. Dragic always gets compared to Steve Nash but Curry's playstyle reminds me so much more of Steve Nash. Dragic's playstyle is a bit more unique... he kind of reminds me more of like a "rich man's" Manu Ginobiili but a PG. I'll love watching these 2 compete against each other 4 times a year in the coming years. :)

Dragic led a young team with a brand new coaching staff that was picked to be last in the West and finished 14 games above 0.500, barely missing the playoffs in what was probably the most competitive division in NBA history... and he did it with the #2 player on the team out for half the season. The dude was a late 2nd round draft pick traded to the Suns for cash. He wasn't expected to be anything in this league, yet he keeps getting better and better. If he continues to progress like this and more people take notice of him he could be a legit superstar soon. I don't think he's peaked as a player yet.
    Last edited by wagexslave; 08-04-2014 at 10:45 PM.

no way in hell he keeps that efficiency next year. I would expect the ppg to drop a bit too.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Curry is a top 5 guard...i'd put him at #2 after Paul right now.

I honestly thought he was better than Parker last year. Now let's wait for Ninephive to come spew some bullshit about the Spurs win % and Tim Duncan complimenting TP in some obscure interview from 2012.