Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Default Re: Yi to demand a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Because this is how the draft system is set up. If he didn't want to risk going to Milwaukee then he should have stayed in China or gone to Europe to play.

What would happen if all players (or their reps) started doing this crap? Greg Oden says "you know what? I'd rather play for a playoff team, Portland better not pick me". Or Durant does the same thing? There is a reason this draft system with the teams getting the rights to the players is in place. And again, it's not preventing the players from making a living playing basketball either. Playing in the NBA is a privilege, not a right.

Milwaukee took the best talent available and he should be expected to report and play for them. Milwaukee could explore trade options but should feel no pressure to get anything done that screws them over.

they already screweed themsleves by selecting Yi. dumbasses

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Milw is dumb tho....they didnt see the kid, was told Yi wasnt gonna play there, they were offered trades for the pick and yi...they denied them all and went and took Yi.
    Harris interview stated they saw him 20 times over 4 years ... does that count ?
    My initial thought was that a trade was happening and it may already be set.
    But harris's interview smelled like , he was going to give this guy time , see how it plays out , and maybe use him down the road , coming off the bench.
    Yi in his two second interview said he was happy to be drafted and looking forward to seeing Milwaukee.... I think the slant eye rep's were behind the 'no milwaukee thing'
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2920483

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/arti...cle_321549.htm
    Last edited by Jasper; 06-29-2007 at 07:11 PM.

I hope Yi's managers decide to screw the Bucks by not playing for them, or asking Yi to play **** as hell when he gets there. Bucks #6 pick = wasted!
    and they can't do anything about it.

that'll teach them for forcing a player who doesn't want to play for them to play for them just for their business profits. they are just jealous of houston's success. milwaukee the city will never make it big on the international stage.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I hope Yi's managers decide to screw the Bucks by not playing for them, or asking Yi to play **** as hell when he gets there. Bucks #6 pick = wasted!

that'll teach them for forcing a player who doesn't want to play for them to play for them just for their business profits. they are just jealous of houston's success. milwaukee the city will never make it big on the international stage.

The guys a damn rookie tryin' to get what he wants.

Pay some got damned due's first!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    The guys a damn rookie tryin' to get what he wants.

Pay some got damned due's first!!!
    thats his rights

he is only following the trend around the league now!
    if u dnt wanna play for someone u voice your opinnion and you ask for a trade to where u feel comfortable!

i dnt blame him at all..he showed and told the bucks he doesnt wanna play for them AT ALL!!....He cancelled his work outs and what not for them

Quote Originally Posted by Perezident
    thats his rights

he is only following the trend around the league now!
    if u dnt wanna play for someone u voice your opinnion and you ask for a trade to where u feel comfortable!

i dnt blame him at all..he showed and told the bucks he doesnt wanna play for them AT ALL!!....He cancelled his work outs and what not for them
    Well Kobe has been in the league 11 years and won titles, Pierce a 5 time All-Star.

What has he down to demand a trade after getting drafted yesterday?

woa woa woa.. he is an employee is he not?
    like all of us, if your company asks you to move to some place u don't wanna go.. would u do it?
    or would u tell him hell no and demand some other place?

"ain't no chinese man wanna be stuck in milwaukee"

Bucks fan

I can't believe how dumb most of you are being about this. Well, yes I can, but anyway...

Milwaukee did the right thing here. The reason there is a draft in the NBA is so that the teams can pick the players that they want. No fan of parity in sports should want a system where sometimes the team picks the player, and in other cases the player picks the team. There are about 10 teams in the league that players would pick if they all got the choice.

This year Noah and Yi were both top-10 prospects and both said they don't want Milwaukee. What if Milwaukee listens to their requests and then next year half of the top ten picks decide that they'll do the same thing. Pretty soon you've got half of the players in the draft announcing lists of the teams they'll consider.

It is not the player's choice where they get to play. If you want to play in our league you gotta play by our rules. That's the deal. Don't like it, and want to play in a large city with a big asian population? Stay in Bejing, *******.

I'll certainly be sending Larry Harris an email congratulating him on showing the commies who really holds the cards here, and encouraging him to stick it out. If Yi doesn't want to play in the NBA, he doesn't have to. He can stay in China playing for peanuts, and we'll make the playoffs without him.

If Yi wants to play against the best players in the world, make millions of dollars, and live his dream of making the NBA, he can accept reality and do it in Milwaukee. If he'd rather stick to filming soap opera milk commercials in China and matching up against ZhiZhi ten times a year, that's his choice. I'll happily "waste" the draft pick before announcing to the league that now players and agents get to pick their own destinations. Fegan will represent plenty of rookies in the future if he gets his way here, and there's nothing to stop him from doing this over and over again.

And don't give me any bull**** about "employees should get to choose the city they work in." No employee in the world gets to make choices like that. You want a job, you show up to the office where it's located. If you don't like the location, start thinking about a new line of work. If he likes LA so much, maybe he can apply for a job at a movie theater there.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    I can't believe how dumb most of you are being about this. Well, yes I can, but anyway...

Milwaukee did the right thing here. The reason there is a draft in the NBA is so that the teams can pick the players that they want. No fan of parity in sports should want a system where sometimes the team picks the player, and in other cases the player picks the team. There are about 10 teams in the league that players would pick if they all got the choice.

This year Noah and Yi were both top-10 prospects and both said they don't want Milwaukee. What if Milwaukee listens to their requests and then next year half of the top ten picks decide that they'll do the same thing. Pretty soon you've got half of the players in the draft announcing lists of the teams they'll consider.

It is not the player's choice where they get to play. If you want to play in our league you gotta play by our rules. That's the deal. Don't like it, and want to play in a large city with a big asian population? Stay in Bejing, *******.

I'll certainly be sending Larry Harris an email congratulating him on showing the commies who really holds the cards here, and encouraging him to stick it out. If Yi doesn't want to play in the NBA, he doesn't have to. He can stay in China playing for peanuts, and we'll make the playoffs without him.

If Yi wants to play against the best players in the world, make millions of dollars, and live his dream of making the NBA, he can accept reality and do it in Milwaukee. If he'd rather stick to filming soap opera milk commercials in China and matching up against ZhiZhi ten times a year, that's his choice. I'll happily "waste" the draft pick before announcing to the league that now players and agents get to pick their own destinations. Fegan will represent plenty of rookies in the future if he gets his way here, and there's nothing to stop him from doing this over and over again.

And don't give me any bull**** about "employees should get to choose the city they work in." No employee in the world gets to make choices like that. You want a job, you show up to the office where it's located. If you don't like the location, start thinking about a new line of work. If he likes LA so much, maybe he can apply for a job at a movie theater there.
    dosent change the fact that the buck potentially wasted the 6th pick in one of the deepest drafts ever, after China told them not to pick him. dumb pick by mil., unless they deal him.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by cdot11
    dosent change the fact that the buck potentially wasted the 6th pick in one of the deepest drafts ever, after China told them not to pick him. dumb pick by mil., unless they deal him.
    They didn't waste anything - they picked the best player available. Wasting the pick would have been drafting Alando Tucker, or whoever else you think would've really liked playing for Milwaukee.

Saw a basketball once

i think i could see a trade with boston happening if they dont get shard lewis so he could be a back up for Jefferson or the starting center. It would work out in Boston cuz they have a huge Asian population with Dice-K.

What do u think post back.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    They didn't waste anything - they picked the best player available. Wasting the pick would have been drafting Alando Tucker, or whoever else you think would've really liked playing for Milwaukee.
    ok say he dosent play.. then what?.. do the bucks get to pick from everyone they passed on? just wondering you know?

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by cdot11
    ok say he dosent play.. then what?.. do the bucks get to pick from everyone they passed on? just wondering you know?
    Then the Bucks make the playoffs without him, and he stays in China filming milk commercials with his sister. He needs the Bucks a hell of a lot more than they need him.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik

you are a fool. Why is he any different than any other player (who do sometimes refuse to work out for teams)? If he doesnt want to play stay in china or go to europe.