Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Charles Barkley currently has Bran at 7 on his all time list, right behind Kobe

Been told ya man, most all time greats have Kobe and Bron around that 6-7 area, right out the Top 5. I'll give Duncan his Top 5 nod. I honestly believe him, Kobe and Bron are better than Bird and Magic.

Default Re: Charles Barkley currently has Bran at 7 on his all time list, right behind Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Been told ya man, most all time greats have Kobe and Bron around that 6-7 area, right out the Top 5. I'll give Duncan his Top 5 nod. I honestly believe him, Kobe and Bron are better than Bird and Magic.
    What??? Kobe fans coming round on Duncan - wonders never cease - hard to argue against seeing as TD's got 5 rings with 2 MVPs and 3 FMVPs and is still adding all-nba and all-defensive honors to his resume.

As far as Lebron is concerned, he's still #11 for me (Hakeem's runs were more impressive/much less help) until he wins another ring and FMVP. Then he'll leap-frog Hakeem and probably tie/pass Kobe.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Lebron will easily finish top 5 but still can finish top 2 with a couple more titles..
    No, he has no chance to finish top 2. He can maybe crack the top 5 though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    No, he has no chance to finish top 2. He can maybe crack the top 5 though...
    why can't he crack the top 2? Assuming Kareem is 2nd, if lebron can win 2 more titles he'd have: 4 rings, 4 fmvps, 4 mvps (he could have 5 or 6 by that time). Worst case scenario he'd be 3rd. He'll have more milestones than Kareem except for all time points. But he'll pass him in playoff points for sure.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Finally something that both kobe and lebron stans can be happy about and on board with
    Don't ever underestimate the power of blind hatred.

Top 7? Lolo

If he doesn't win with his super-stacked roster this year, he's out of the top 30.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Barkley changes his mind all the time and is known to say stupid shit.
    yeah, all these guys do

Charles Barkley right after 2009 championship adamantly argues that Kobe is not top 10.. not even above Hakeem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQkYxfenDHA

One year later he says Kobe is top 5, while all this board remembers is either 6/24 or kobe holding 5 to the crowd

what's amazing to me is if Pau Gasol gets injured in 2010, all of a sudden Kobe is not top 10 on the list, despite doing the same thing he does every year

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Keep dreaming. Kobe Stans used to say Duncan can only surpass Kobe if he matches his 5 rings. Now that he in fact has matched his 5 rings, with more MVPs and more FMVPs, they still cling to their irrational belief that Kobe is better. They can't even claim longevity. Duncan clearly wins that, but they won't let go.

LeBron could win 5 rings, all 5 FMVPs, another MVP and they still would never concede. Their argument would be something like "eastern conference" or "played with Wade".
    Great post

I can't disagree with Barkley here Lebron not far off from Kobe.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    why can't he crack the top 2? Assuming Kareem is 2nd, if lebron can win 2 more titles he'd have: 4 rings, 4 fmvps, 4 mvps (he could have 5 or 6 by that time). Worst case scenario he'd be 3rd. He'll have more milestones than Kareem except for all time points. But he'll pass him in playoff points for sure.

My top 10.

1. Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. Wilt
    4. Oscar
    5. Magic

To me, Lebron might pass Magic but I doubt it.

6. Bird
    7. Duncan
    8. Shaq
    9. Kobe
    10. I'd have no problem putting Lebron at #10 now. He's done more than Hakeem has with the same amount of rings.

Lebron 9th ATM with great opportunity to move up several spots up and Kobe at 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Lebron 9th ATM with great opportunity to move up several spots up and Kobe at 6th.
    If you have both Kobe and Bron in your top 10, who are you keeping out? Hakeem? Just curious.

Undefeated

mj
    kareem
    magic
    bird
    lebron
    shaq
    russell
    duncan
    kobe
    hakeem

my personal top 10

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Only need one more Finals MVP to shut down any argument Kobe has over him
    When he loses he's out of the Top 10 forever.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Only need one more Finals MVP to shut down any argument Kobe has over him

and 2 more rings IF he wins this yr....