Default What kind of money do we not give Kyle Lowry?

Yeah there's a off-season thread but I feel this is a topic big enough to have its own thread

Our team's best player (imo), the vocal leader, needless to say we need to try hard to keep him, and we know he wants to stay. However we won't be the only team after him, and what happens if a team, say the Lakers, decide to offer him max (what is it now, 15M+?). I don't believe Lowry is a max player, and I'm not a believer in keeping him "at any cost", and hinders our ability to construct a better future team for the sake of avoiding short-term setback.

What's the number in your opinion? at what point do we say "fack it, let him walk, we can better spend this money elsewhere"? 11M? 14M?

Default Re: What kind of money do we not give Kyle Lowry?

Before the year I said 8M-10M would be what he would get paid. I think with the year he's had. He easily out played that. I still wouldn't go beyond 12M annually if the contract is longer than 3 years. If the contract is 3 years or less; I'd be more inclined to give something like 3 yr 39 - 3 y 42. Otherwise, I'd hope he accepts something like 4 yr 44 or 48M.

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

12M if the deal is 3 years or less, 11 if it is more.

Learning to shoot layups

we need to keep him but not at such a deal that hurts the team long term. We have done well this year but the east is going to get better net season