Local High School Star

Default Knicks/Felton/Barges

So Felton is arrested facing gun charges. Wow day after they cut BenU.

I fully fully admit a bias. I dislike the Knicks. I have always disliked the Knicks... long before Toronto ever had a team. I dislike a team that has so much going for it and consistently is able to mess it up. Generally I dislike most New York area teams being a Toronto guy anyway; Yankee's Rangers Giants Devils Islanders Mets Nets Jets. Not very likable teams.

But the Knicks especially turn me off.

This franchise yet again has imploded. Just as they did at the end of the Patrick Ewing era. Just as they did at the end of the Alan Houston era... just as they will after the Carmelo Anthony era.

I dont care what they offer him in terms of more money.
    I dont care what his wife says.
    Melo is a Laker or Bull next season.

Felton's numbers look like this:

Games / Games started / Minutes / FG% / RB / Ast / AstTO ratio / PPG

41 / 41 / 32.9 / 0.403 / 3.0 / 6.0 / 2.9 / 10.4

Jose Calderon as a comparison :

57 / 57 / 31.2 / .453 / 2.4 / 4.8 / 3.8 / 11.7

They coulda signed Calderon pretty easy I think. More direct flights New York to Madrid... I think Jose would have taken a small discount to play there.

--

Sidenote to "the beast" if you hang around.

I was pretty close to preseason. I know Barges is hurt right now !

But bottom line is Barges minutes per game been decreasing in favor of Stoudemire. In fairness Barges was getting the starting role.

Barges 42 / 39 / 29.8 / .442 / 5.3RB / 1.1 / 0.8 / 13.3
    Last edited by Jballer; 02-25-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Default Re: Knicks/Felton/Barges

I honestly don't understand the "hatred" between Toronto Raptor fans vs New York Knicks/Brooklyn Net fans. I've seen this being a common theme on other boards too. Is there a superiority/inferiority complex between these 3 franchises fan bases ? I only bring it up because it has been mentioned before. There's quiet a lot of nasty things been said to one another.

Either way, Felton has been garbage for quiet sometime now. The only really reason he was decent last year was because of the veteran core that he was around, which is why most thought the Knicks would fall off from last year.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Knicks/Felton/Barges

Hatred may be too strong.. dislike ? rivalry? trash talk ? I guess intensity varies by person to some degree.

Generally Toronto and New York Teams are in the same generic "northeastern division or conference". Generally we are bound to meet NY based teams in playoffs or runs for playoffs. Generally Toronto views itself as an economic capital and ego-tistically likes to steal some NY platitudes. There are dozens of good reasons to dislike NY based teams.

Additionally most NY based teams are frankly "unlovable" as they are never the underdogs. They generally have all the advantages. Star players in the prime of their career wanting to play there. Financial muscle to exceed the cap (s) or tax thresholds. Never bad enough to be "the Cubs" at least since the Dodgers moved to LA... always in the mix for the "best" players and best draft picks.

And then the fact that all the teams end up being run by ego maniacs. Steinbrenner, Dolan, Wang or in management side Sather, Lamerillo, Conchlin...etc.

Bottom line there is simply nothing lovable about Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, Giants, Devils, Nets, Jets, Mets.

A lot of non New York Americans hate them too.