Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Wiggins' school commitment

cmoon

Banned

If Wiggins comes to UNC, I'll definitely get his jersey Worst case scenario is he goes to Kentucky. I don't know why, I just don't like UK. If he decides to not go to North Carolina, I hope he goes to Florida State or Kansas.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    If Wiggins comes to UNC, I'll definitely get his jersey Worst case scenario is he goes to Kentucky. I don't know why, I just don't like UK. If he decides to not go to North Carolina, I hope he goes to Florida State or Kansas.

wiggins is taking his time so much... do you think he will do the same thing when he starts playing in the nba ?

when his contract is up ... he will let everyone speculate where he would go... and then i hope that he will not end up like a drama queen

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    That guy in your avatar liked UK

just sayin

Banned

Also is the best player on my favourite team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

oh yeah i'd love a wiggins unc jersey, no doubt.

I'll stick with my FSU rationale.

Parents flying down from Canada this week and people are saying the decision will come on Tuesday (or maybe Monday).

btw, two FSU players transferred within the last week. Weirdly, though, they were two rotational players. FSU was full on scholarships this entire time so it makes sense that they would gently nodge someone out of the program before Wiggins came. But two guys? And why not a scrub for a team that already doesn't have much talent? That's a little odd.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 05-12-2013 at 02:33 PM.

I hope he goes to FSU because I will get to see him live when they play Pitt. We only play 1 games against UNC in Chapel Hill so I wouldn't get the chance if he went to UNC.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...sion-on-may-14

Tuesday is the big day.

Oh boy, within 48 hours we will know who lands Wiggins.

would like to see him go to either of the ACC teams, UNC would be great because that would create a natural rivalry between him and Jabari, if isnt' there already one.

Seems like all the "experts" are predicting Kansas or FSU.

Telep's odds are:
    FSU 35%
    KU 25%
    UNC/UK 20%

Daniels said he spoke to his sources and barely anyone predicted UK or UNC.

All 4 of the CBS guys said FSU.

fwiw. The FSU reasoning has been gone over to ad nauseum. Apparently with Kansas, Wiggins really connecting with Self and the team might be the deciding factor. That along with he would get to be the guy at a blue blood and he doesn't have to play FSU in conference (which the parents might not like). I heard that Wiggins would have gone to Kansas had Randle chose them, so interesting if true.

And if you are in to reading this kind of stuff... It's been said that there won't be a presser for his announcement. The only media there will be a single local Huntington reporter.

Even 100+ ranked kids have pressers. Julius Randle had Jason Jordan follow him around to Burberry to buy suits, tweet and write articles for USA Today on every little step process, and the announced on national tv. This is the #1 recruit in the nation, who in a day would have dragged out the recruitment literally 24 hours within the date of which he could still sign an LOI. This is different.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 05-13-2013 at 02:05 PM.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Seems like all the "experts" are predicting Kansas or FSU.

Telep's odds are:
    FSU 35%
    KU 25%
    UNC/UK 20%

Daniels said he spoke to his sources and barely anyone predicted UK or UNC.

All 4 of the CBS guys said FSU.

fwiw. The FSU reasoning has been gone over to ad nauseum. Apparently with Kansas, Wiggins really connecting with Self and the team might be the deciding factor. That along with he would get to be the guy at a blue blood and he doesn't have to play FSU in conference (which the parents might not like). I heard that Wiggins would have gone to Kansas had Randle chose them, so interesting if true.

And if you are in to reading this kind of stuff... It's been said that there won't be a presser for his announcement. The only media there will be a single local Huntington reporter.

Even 100+ ranked kids have pressers. Julius Randle had Jason Jordan follow him around to Burberry to buy suits, tweet and write articles for USA Today on every little step process, and the announced on national tv. This is the #1 recruit in the nation, who in a day would have dragged out the recruitment literally 24 hours within the date of which he could still sign an LOI. This is different.

since i guess you are the biggest follower of andrew wiggins ... where do you want him to go? do you want him to win it all in Ncaa?
    I dont know if its possible if he goes to FSU .
    Kansas maybe.. I like UNC's chances better though

i dont like wiggins @ UK it will be a massive murder to everyone else...
    its like nba all star vs dleague

oh and regarding wiggins attitude i think he is like a tim duncan kinda guy...
    Last edited by veilside23; 05-13-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Telep's odds are:
    FSU 35%
    KU 25%
    UNC/UK 20%
    maybe he has some rationale in his argument, but if those are his 'odds' why not just admit that he has no idea?

telep annoys me more and more every day.

I really hope his nickname becomes Ender because the protagonist in Ender's game is named Andrew Wiggin.

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    since i guess you are the biggest follower of andrew wiggins ... where do you want him to go? do you want him to win it all in Ncaa?
    I dont know if its possible if he goes to FSU .
    Kansas maybe.. I like UNC's chances better though

i dont like wiggins @ UK it will be a massive murder to everyone else...
    its like nba all star vs dleague

oh and regarding wiggins attitude i think he is like a tim duncan kinda guy...
    Well I would prefer him at UNC since that's pretty much all I'm a fan of (UNC athletics) in all sports, college or professional. I also believe UNC will have very slim odds of winning a championship without Wiggins and now that Bullock is gone. By slim, I wouldn't guess much more than an Elite Eight, if that.

I don't care if he wins a championship, unless he comes to UNC, but his best odds would probably be at UK, then UNC, then KU, then lastly FSU. I think he could legitimately win a championship at either of first three on the list, considering UK and UNC are preseason top ten without him and tell me the last time Kansas didn't win the Big 12... FSU wouldn't be bad with him, but I still think his season there would end up like Beasley at KSU, except not as prolific scoring. Even Durant had Augustin, who was an elite high school PG recruit and won the Cousy award in his sophomore year before entering the draft.

Agree on his personality. He's definitely closer to the Duncan/Durant persona than LeBron/Kobe. Doesn't matter much, other than maybe for marketability.

Starting to sound like KU from what I'm reading. Going to stick with FSU, tho, because I can't get past the combination of family connections + Andrew seeming indifferent to playing in college. Never really thought UK and now I have all but given up hope he will be a Tar Heel. Hope I'm wrong on the last part.