Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Theory: P-Jax wouldn't mind if Melo left NY and Lakers are the best destination

You don't publicly box-in a star who can opt out by making comments to the media about how he shouldn't opt out.

You also don't hire an inexperienced coach and give him 5 years when you have a star who wants to win now.

I feel Phil wants to start over, hopefully with a S&T using Melo. However, Melo must have learned his lesson and won't let his new team get gutted. I would rule out any team that can't sign him outright. I also don't see him taking less money to be Bron's ballboy after seeing what that's done for Wade's and Bosh's status as individual players.

Lakers would be a great destination since Melo and Kobe are close. However, does Melo want to go back to the tougher West? And from the NY media to the LA media? (who are just as hard on stars but not impressed by just making the playoffs)

If Melo has assurances of Kobe's health, I feel that's the best destination for him. Lakers are coming off 2 horrible seasons and he will get a ton of the credit for turning things around.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Re: Theory: P-Jax wouldn't mind if Melo left NY and Lakers are the best destination

I've thought this since Phil took over that he should completely rebuild.

I hit on 5-footers

Default Re: Theory: P-Jax wouldn't mind if Melo left NY and Lakers are the best destination

Not hating but there are like 10 destinations better than LA for him at the moment.

Atlanta
    Boston
    Charlotte
    Cleveland
    Chicago
    Dallas
    GS
    Houston
    Clippers
    Heat
    Phoenix

EDIT: 11 in fact

That settles it then. Melo is staying in New York...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I agree. I don't think Phil really wants Melo. I think Dolan wants him more for the ticket sales.

What are the chances of Melo just taking the most money and staying in New York?

I saw this on NeoGAF.

Cos I posted it there lol

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    What are the chances of Melo just taking the most money and staying in New York?
    I think that's what happens. He's always wanted New York. I mean Denver was pretty competitive when he asked out and he wanted his money + NY so helped them get everything they could. I think he likes the attention but in the end takes the money and stays.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    You don't publicly box-in a star who can opt out by making comments to the media about how he shouldn't opt out.

You also don't hire an inexperienced coach and give him 5 years when you have a star who wants to win now.

I feel Phil wants to start over, hopefully with a S&T using Melo. However, Melo must have learned his lesson and won't let his new team get gutted. I would rule out any team that can't sign him outright. I also don't see him taking less money to be Bron's ballboy after seeing what that's done for Wade's and Bosh's status as individual players.

Lakers would be a great destination since Melo and Kobe are close. However, does Melo want to go back to the tougher West? And from the NY media to the LA media? (who are just as hard on stars but not impressed by just making the playoffs)

If Melo has assurances of Kobe's health, I feel that's the best destination for him. Lakers are coming off 2 horrible seasons and he will get a ton of the credit for turning things around.

Who is this 'star' you're talking about?

Carmelo??? Put down the ESPN bro.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I agree. I don't think Phil really wants Melo. I think Dolan wants him more for the ticket sales.

So are all the knick fans who think melo is an mvp-caliber superstar gonna suddenly jump ship on him bc phil says so, or are they gonna claim to know more than phil??

how's this gonna work?

Please god no.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

not surprised low iq fan konex would want melo on the lakers

Melo to Lakers if he leaves NY. Don't forget I called this first

*bump*