Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Michael Jordan of ISH

Default Kevin Martin is equaling Harden's numbers from 2012

17/3/4 on 67 TS% vs 17/4/4 66 TS% last year

And he has no chemistry with the team yet. in b4 Harden is averaging 35 ppg, like that will continue

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Martin is equaling Harden's numbers from 2012

Almost never has the ball in his hands which will be a problem. Westbrook needs to be a scorer so he won't neccessarily get the shots he needs.

hes nowhere near the creator that harden was. the problem with okc is that they have 2 elite scorers than create their own shot and for others, and martin can create for himself but not really for others. no one else really on the roster can create too many shots on their own or for others.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

good for him

Too bad you can't measure intangibles.

Decent college freshman

K-mart is a good player and overlooked in my opinion, but you are deluding yourself if you think he is anywhere close to harden's level as a talent

Scal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

That's all very well on paper, but I get the feeling that Harden was far more of a game changer than Martin (especially with his ability as a ball handler). Still not sure if OKC are better off or not (Maynor being healthy might negate some of the downside of trading Harden as well), but it's always tough when you start tweaking championship calibre teams (especially after a trips to the finals and WCF the 2 previous seasons, and the player moved had such a big role in that).

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Team's are gonna be so scared of Kevin Martin

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Team's are gonna be so scared of Kevin Martin
    Yup. Opposing coaches are game planning like crazy for him!

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    hes nowhere near the creator that harden was. the problem with okc is that they have 2 elite scorers than create their own shot and for others, and martin can create for himself but not really for others. no one else really on the roster can create too many shots on their own or for others.
    That's what Eric Maynor is for.

Nobody should kid themselves into believing Kevin Martin is as good a player, but he fits in with that team because he doesn't need to pound the ball to score, but can create for himself enough to provide consistent offense off the bench. If it weren't for the direct comparison to Harden...people would see this for what it really is, Kevin Martin is a top 3rd option in the league considering what OKC have, nevermind 6th man.

They also got other assets for him...including a first round pick from this year, and future firsts. This year, i don't think they fall off that much....long term they got a haul in for him.
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 11-04-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Very good NBA starter

They weren't a championship team even WITH Harden... so I applaud Presti's strong moves, because the Thunder need to look in different directions for a highly paid player (ie. a competent, scoring big man)... If Martin more or less provides the same offensive numbers they'll be fine. Got to look forward and keep strategizing, because it's not like they were reigning champs anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    They weren't a championship team even WITH Harden... so I applaud Presti's strong moves, because the Thunder need to look in different directions for a highly paid player (ie. a competent, scoring big man)... If Martin more or less provides the same offensive numbers they'll be fine. Got to look forward and keep strategizing, because it's not like they were reigning champs anyways.
    Simple question Biedrins or Varejao? Similar stats, different on court value. Same thing as Harden and Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    They weren't a championship team with harden? Huh?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Kevin Martin is a top 3rd option in the league considering what OKC have, nevermind 6th man.
    haha, I used to make up all these fantasy knicks teams that would be contenders in my head and usually kevin martin was the 3rd option

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    haha, I used to make up all these fantasy knicks teams that would be contenders in my head and usually kevin martin was the 3rd option
    I've been making up championship Cavs teams in my head, and Kyrie Irving is the third option. LeBron/Bynum/Irving/Waiters.