Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Why no hype for Jabari Parker?

I hear that Jabari is great, but the hype around him is he is The Wire to Wiggins' Breaking Bad. Everybody knows Breaking Bad is great and they talk about it all the time, and then somebody will chime in that The Wire is as good or better.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I hear that Jabari is great, but the hype around him is he is The Wire to Wiggins' Breaking Bad. Everybody knows Breaking Bad is great and they talk about it all the time, and then somebody will chime in that The Wire is as good or better.

LOL

Parker has more skill than Wiggins but Wiggins has more upside on the next level. Wiggins is already an elite NBA defender and can match Parker point for point on offense without Parker's skill set. Wiggins will get better and more aggressive and will be taken number 1 (unless Utah picks first).

Both will be really nice pieces though for a lot of years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    What? The analogy seemed good until you completely destroyed it. The Wire is truly a much better show on every level than Breaking Bad.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    What? The analogy seemed good until you completely destroyed it. The Wire is truly a much better show on every level than Breaking Bad.
    I'm strictly talking about the hype. Breaking Bad had much more people talking about about it, but when people talked about it, a select few stepped in and would mention that The Wire is as good or better. So, essentially you just validated my point with your second sentence. Parker tends to only come up when people are talking about Wiggins, and they chime in by saying it is as good or better.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I heard that he was being compared to Pierce and Melo. But I really like his game, and he has been playing better than Wiggins.

I hate that logic to be honest michael beasley played out of his mind in college...

Thomas robinson played great in college..

Anthony benett played great in college...

Warrick played great in college..

they have different teammates... and different ball programs..

Again parker needs to get 20 pts a game for them to win..

We will only find out who will turn better as a pro once they are in the NBA..

But the scary part is wiggins looks like he is not even trying but when he tries hard enough he is definitely the best out there....

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Jabari has some things you just can't teach -- his IQ and feel for the game --his leadership -- and those amazing handles. Plus the dude has an NBA body. He is athletic enough to get his shot wherever he wants it. And his defense is good enough though not elite. He basically has no holes in his game. Wiggins has major holes - IQ, attitude, zero handles, thin frame, suspect outside shot. Randle - somewhat undersized and the big one - all left hand.

Jabari is the best in this class and will continue to be the best at the next level. The game comes easy to him.

Say what you want about Stephen A. Smith but that dude knows his basketball. He has major questions about Wiggins. Says Jabari is the best of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    Jabari has some things you just can't teach -- his IQ and feel for the game --his leadership -- and those amazing handles. Plus the dude has an NBA body. He is athletic enough to get his shot wherever he wants it. And his defense is good enough though not elite. He basically has no holes in his game. Wiggins has major holes - IQ, attitude, zero handles, thin frame, suspect outside shot. Randle - somewhat undersized and the big one - all left hand.

Jabari is the best in this class and will continue to be the best at the next level. The game comes easy to him.

Say what you want about Stephen A. Smith but that dude knows his basketball. He has major questions about Wiggins. Says Jabari is the best of the bunch.

Parker defense stinks. All offense (fundamentally sound) weak defense.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Parker defense stinks. All offense (fundamentally sound) weak defense.
    We can disagree on that one. And you might be right but the thing about defense is you can teach it... and it can improve at the next level. We see that happen all the time -- guys who play poor defense in college who up being fair to good at it in NBA game. Not saying he will ever be "elite" in that area though.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Wiggins is already an elite NBA defender

Jabari is Melo to Wiggins's Lebron that's why. Both brilliant player with tremendous upside. We'll see who'ls better in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Jabari is Melo to Wiggins's Lebron that's why. Both brilliant player with tremendous upside. We'll see who'ls better in the future...

Wiggins can't even dribble the ball. You are comparing him to LeBron, someone with a top 5 vision in the NBA?

Parker was on an SI cover...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    Parker was on an SI cover...

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake

Wiggins can't even dribble the ball. You are comparing him to LeBron, someone with a top 5 vision in the NBA?
    This. Wiggins cannot dribble. I don't get the Lebron comparisons.

He's just a very athletic tweener. Doesn't have the post game to play PF or handles to play SF. If I had to compare him to NBA player, I'd say he's a rich man's Shawn Marion maybe.
    Last edited by ace23; 01-04-2014 at 08:24 PM.