Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2k11: Jordan Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    what setting is medium?

like easy, medium, and hard.

I want to be at medium. That's why I don't adjust it from the get go.
    Just like shooter games. Default is medium on most things right.
    Only reason I would move it up to hard would be if I were the bomb and it was like childs play and boring. But it's not normally on the setting it comes with. .

question for you guys.. for the most part does everybody here always move your settings up when you get a game.
    (that could be a thread title I guess)
    Yeah Pro would be medium. And I change my game settings at the menu screen and save it. That way when I get on next time they are saved and wont change back to the default.

Just got the Nique challenge. Hardly let him have the ball I'd purposely leave someone else open once he got open so that way he'd pass it off. And when he got it far out I'd double team with MJ and Pip. It was a lot closer than it should have been because I slacked off for awhile. He got 18 on me. the Bad Boys one was pretty easy.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    That's going to be hard as hell to get done, which speaks for how truly great Jordan was, because he actually did it in real life. 31 ppg, 55% FG, and 11+ apg is just sick.

I finally attempted my first one and completed it with ease. I'm a 2K vet, but after reading first impressions and thoughts on the game on various sites, I was afraid if I jumped right in playing on All-Star I would have a very tough time completing any of the Jordan Challenges, especially with 8 minute quarters. I did the Pistons one 1st (47+ points, 4+ assists) and completed with with ease.

Jordan's line: 31/45, 70 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds, 4 steals

I got in a ridiculous groove with MJ in the fourth quarter and went off for 28 fourth quarter points and beat the Pistons soundly, 103-77. I didn't expect my first game on Pro to be that easy. Now I know better.
    And to top it off, he won in just 5 games. Their one loss was a close 2 point game in game 1 where LA had double the FTAs.

Jordan was a monster back then.

I'm about to get this game today, specifically because of Jordan.

Saw a basketball once

I completed the Arrival(Against the Celtics) on the first try. Once I got to 63, I stopped shooting, didn't want to mess with the FG% I didn't know how to balance everything at first though. Had 20 in the first, 32 by the half with only one assist. Entering the 4th I STILL only had 1 assist, and the other Bulls weren't hitting sh!t. Oakley missed about 5 up close layups. I had to foul intentionally just to extend the game, and get those assists.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

On my first try passed the arrival. In OT 69 points, 8 assists, 54% shooting.

I feel like All-Star (simulation) is the medium settings. Not because I'm good, but because it's the middle difficulty... and nobody plays on rookie. Pro is essentially the easy level until you get good at the game, then set it on all-star. I'm still playing on Pro because I'm still learning the controls and gameplay.

oh and I've done the first 4 challenges. I'm going in order, and doing the Finals Series challenge next.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

I've completed the celtics 63 and 6 assist and the pistons 47 6+ assist.

I absolutely raped the pistons Jordans jumper is smooth as hell I can already tell im going to use his jumpshot on my player mode.

The celtics were a bit hard because of young MJ's lack of a real mid range game, but I still got the job done. Playing this gave me a somewhat of an idea of how it would be to face that celtic team and man do they pack the paint.

Banned

thats why it's called a challenge, its not supposed to be easy lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Is anyone else having difficulty in these jordan challenges. The only one I completed is the shootout with Dominique. I only scored 54 on the '86 Celtics. I scored 35 points & made 6 three pointers vs the Blazers in '92, but failed to contain Drexler under 20 points.
    Knocked all 10 of them out.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Just got the game a few hours ago.

Knocked out the first 3 challenges easily.

I'm taking a break right now, I don't have it in me to go through an entire series.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Yeah young Jordan cant shoot at all, after completing Arrival I went for Double Nickel and difference is so obvious,I was hiting fadeaways right into Starks face,it was such a nice change

All star level is fine to play on,on Superstar winning against this teams is tricky to do,on offense they are machines,I'm glad you dont have to beat Celtics cause there is no freaking way to beat them with that Bulls team,Bird is unstoppable,and Parish and Mchale are just dominating everyone in the paint

I beat the first 4 challenges, and when I turned the game on to play today, they had been erased. I thought this shit autosaved?

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Just got the game today. Took me a few tries to get the first Jordan challenge done 'cause I was playing defense and my first game I had 65/5. Was one assist short, but won the game and got the Smothering trophy. Second try, same thing, won game but had 61/6.

And also. . .either the '86 Bulls are the worst passing team in NBA history, or the '86 Celtics have the best passing defense in NBA history, because frickin no ball is safe if you pass it anywhere near them. I had to like, walk people right up to Jordan in order to get him the ball safely like that scene from the Sandlot or something where Smalls walked the ball back to the pitcher since he threw like a girl. :\ Jordan's passes seemed to go through normally though.

Annoyed, I decided to just stop playing defense to increase my possessions, and uh, for some reason the Celtics played, and shot, much worse than usual, and I destroyed them on the glass as well, which is inexplicable. Anyway, Jordan statline: 87/8/8 on 73% shooting, 25 point blowout win. Victory.

It's fun though. It's also cool how you can unlock the different Jordan brand shoes and equip them to players to give them small stat boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I beat the first 4 challenges, and when I turned the game on to play today, they had been erased. I thought this shit autosaved?
    Arnold Schwarzenegger got into your game files.

Quote Originally Posted by kaktus14
    Yeah young Jordan cant shoot at all, after completing Arrival I went for Double Nickel and difference is so obvious,I was hiting fadeaways right into Starks face,it was such a nice change

All star level is fine to play on,on Superstar winning against this teams is tricky to do,on offense they are machines,I'm glad you dont have to beat Celtics cause there is no freaking way to beat them with that Bulls team,Bird is unstoppable,and Parish and Mchale are just dominating everyone in the paint
    I was banging jumpers all day with young MJ. You just can't shoot threes or expect to make long deuces. He was a close range dude, but his jumper was automatic within about 15 feet that year.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

Only did the arrival and I tried to do the Dominique Shootout one. Dominique was on 25 and with 6 seconds left he shot a frickin' 3 and I failed the challenge -.-
    I can't believe he got to 28 points in the first place... all he did was dunk it the whole game.

I am Chris Wilcox

I've done the first two. The 63 against the Celts and 69 against the Cavs. I had to cheese all the way through. There's no way those challenges can be done by playing properly on only 8 minute quarters.