Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Jason Collins says he's been a target of gay taunts from one player

From the moment he embarked down this trailblazing path, Jason Collins has said that he'd turn the other cheek when faced with ignorance, accepting that he can't control the words and actions of idiots.

He was tested once during his first month with the Brooklyn Nets, although the NBA's first openly gay player understandably doesn't want to give attention to the "knucklehead" or his comments.

After all, most everything else about his groundbreaking experience on the court and in the locker room has been positive. And Collins handled the negativity like he anticipated - with a silent disregard.

"One player, one knucklehead from another team," Collins said in an interview with the Daily News. "He's a knucklehead. So I just let it go. Again, that goes back to controlling what you can control. That's how I conduct myself - just being professional.
    http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/bask...nets/1.1728583

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Re: Jason Collins says he's been a target of gay taunts from one player

Interesting *looking up info to see if he played JR Smith and the knicks in his first month. *

Banned

did he play j.r?

edit: bah beaten to it

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Interesting *looking up info to see if he played JR Smith and knicks in his first month. *
    to narrow the search, maybe a pf or center? maybe Cousins?

unless he really means his first month, which was February and he only played 3 teams that month, LAL, POR, DEN.

Banned

Plot Twist: It was KG in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Plot Twist: It was KG in practice.
    first name that came to mind (brief second) then i remembered they play for the same team.
    Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz; 03-20-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    to narrow the search, maybe a pf or center? maybe Cousins?

unless he really means his first month, which was February and he only played 3 teams that month, LAL, POR, DEN.
    maybe nick young or kobe (he has form for homophobic insults) from the bench

DMC

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    first name that came to mind (brief second) then i remembered they played for the same team.
    Maybe he meant that team, not NBA team...

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    Maybe he meant that team, not NBA team...
    "One player, one knucklehead from another team,"
    -Collins

NBA lottery pick

Probably his BFF Dwight.

Cousins was my first thought as well.

Banned

Banned

Cousins.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Read the title and thought KG. After reading the quotes, then I thought Cousins.

Make KG an opponent and KG likely takes this anyway.

And lol @ "knucklehead"