Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2013, 01:07 AM   #271
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,220
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Agreed quite thoroughly.

The antagonization amongst the lefts and the rights reek of bad blood and ostracization, when in reality we are perpetually intertwined and need each other for prosperity. Biggest issue is the left sees the right as dumb, backwards, and greedy but lacks balls and consistency and a set order of things. The right sees the left as hypocritical in the way they argue. And of course weak and destructive to American interests.

We must create a system to emphasize each others strengths. The left has done absolute wonders in terms of entertainment, kicking azz in music and movies especially. So many outstanding things have come through the social reform messages (RaTM, PE), the experimentaiton with drugs (Hendrix, Zep) and so on that America simply couldn't live without them. But their policies hurt the ambitious...

And the conservatives have mastered a safe formula in faith and family that have kept mankind from exercising its darkest impulses for thousands of years and continued to breed good, centered, strong people.

Just like in writing, if we can find a way to use the reason of the right with the imagination of the left in harmonious fashion, we could create a masterpiece.

All it takes is a refocus and readjustment but it's easier said than done. And I honestly think Nationalism could potentially help in this regard. If America was to collectively instill a sense of deep pride in its citizens and keep the utter bipartian animosity at bay, patch up a few policies (like divorce), and fund those who wish to create jobs, we could look at a brighter future.

It's like Cyrus says in The Warriors. "The problem is the man is turning us against one another." But what if.. we united

There's some masterminds pulling strings behind the scenes no doubts. F*ck them. I hope someone goes Dorothy and Co. on them and reduces Oz to a clown.

Similarly, the whole Muslim vs Christian vs Jew vs Atheist fiasco. There's some major sh!t going on to start up a ruccus. And when people are divided thats when bullies like Jack from Lord of the Flies step in and seize power. And as people who honor liberty it is imperative that tyrants be abdicated from the throne.

Oh gimme a break. I thought you were smarter than that. Welcome to 70 years ago. This shit has been going on here forever, it's no revelation.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #272
gigantes
‪ ‪
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,858
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Oh gimme a break. I thought you were smarter than that. Welcome to 70 years ago. This shit has been going on here forever, it's no revelation.
don't forget he's younger than you and still figuring stuff out all the time. but seriously... how many people do you see working as hard as him on the mission of decoding reality?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #273
CeltsGarlic
so sophisticated
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 7,434
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Stevie Franchise. Dude calculated a problem.

nvm, cant play chess.

Last edited by CeltsGarlic : 03-16-2013 at 02:47 PM.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #274
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,220
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
don't forget he's younger than you and still figuring stuff out all the time. but seriously... how many people do you see working as hard as him on the mission of decoding reality?

Lol, no one.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #275
IamRAMBO24
College star
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,876
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Agreed quite thoroughly.

The antagonization amongst the lefts and the rights reek of bad blood and ostracization, when in reality we are perpetually intertwined and need each other for prosperity. Biggest issue is the left sees the right as dumb, backwards, and greedy but lacks balls and consistency and a set order of things. The right sees the left as hypocritical in the way they argue. And of course weak and destructive to American interests.

We must create a system to emphasize each others strengths. The left has done absolute wonders in terms of entertainment, kicking azz in music and movies especially. So many outstanding things have come through the social reform messages (RaTM, PE), the experimentaiton with drugs (Hendrix, Zep) and so on that America simply couldn't live without them. But their policies hurt the ambitious...

And the conservatives have mastered a safe formula in faith and family that have kept mankind from exercising its darkest impulses for thousands of years and continued to breed good, centered, strong people.

Just like in writing, if we can find a way to use the reason of the right with the imagination of the left in harmonious fashion, we could create a masterpiece.

All it takes is a refocus and readjustment but it's easier said than done. And I honestly think Nationalism could potentially help in this regard. If America was to collectively instill a sense of deep pride in its citizens and keep the utter bipartian animosity at bay, patch up a few policies (like divorce), and fund those who wish to create jobs, we could look at a brighter future.

It's like Cyrus says in The Warriors. "The problem is the man is turning us against one another." But what if.. we united

There's some masterminds pulling strings behind the scenes no doubts. F*ck them. I hope someone goes Dorothy and Co. on them and reduces Oz to a clown.

Similarly, the whole Muslim vs Christian vs Jew vs Atheist fiasco. There's some major sh!t going on to start up a ruccus. And when people are divided thats when bullies like Jack from Lord of the Flies step in and seize power. And as people who honor liberty it is imperative that tyrants be abdicated from the throne.

Very well thought insights. I should include you as one of the smart posters I've seen on here.

You are right, but we are fighting an uphill battle because there is so much indoctrination going on in both education and church. Both sides are conditioning the lower class to think in terms of black and white: education does this by saying everything they teach (including history which is the most subjective topic) as objective and factual while religion is brainwashing their followers to believe in an all knowing God. When this happens, there are no discussions; there are only disagreements. The values they teach in education is antithetical to religion; education is not supposed to teach values, but they do this indiscreetly, which probably needs another thread to fully explain.

We are all conditioned at birth to hate each other: for example, race is a huge issue that gets brought up time and time again usually initiated by education. Education would highly emphasize on slave history and religion would be against equality for both women's and black's rights. Education would teach open mindedness towards gays and the use of contraceptives, and religion would be the opposite of that.

Both systems are doing this deliberately and the whole purpose is to create a poor vs poor inner conflict.

The best thing is to be above issues that pit us against one another and to only focus what unites us, but sadly, they are systems of indoctrination, and when someone is indoctrinated fully, it is hard to convince them otherwise.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #276
gigantes
‪ ‪
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,858
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

brunch@five, kentatm... sorry, fixed.


this is probably the most embarrassing thread i ever created on ISH, and yet... and yet for some reason i choose to post again. WTF is actually wrong with me, and please don't answer that, motherfluffer.

on a different note, i really do enjoy reading various posts by various mofos on ISH. for those of you...

anyway, that is all, gentlemen, thank you. please keep it coming, else i'll be forced to hunt you down and shoot potato gun pellets at your feet to make you dance like sam rockwell on fallon.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #277
Blue&Orange
MIAfan since Crusades
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,513
Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Do u remember me not caring bitch?
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy