Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Default what kind of moves should the clippers make this offseason

does LAC let this teams main pieces get healthy and try again for a deep run next year? or is it time to shake it up and see what kind of return you get for one of their big 3?

College superstar

Default Re: what kind of moves should the clippers make this offseason

If KD is really planning on moving on a Blake+ for KD would seem to be a really good deal for both teams that would really struggle to find value for superstars likely to move on in the next few years.

Or just trading him away for significant depth. They reportedly offered him up for Danilo Gallinari, Kenneth Faried, Will Barton and Nikola Jokic at the deadline. That would really bolster the Clips who still roll out some really rough players when their big 4 aren't in.

Blake and DJ really do require the same real estate to be successful.

Move the fk outta LA. This Choker team is putting LA to shame

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Or just trading him away for significant depth. They reportedly offered him up for Danilo Gallinari, Kenneth Faried, Will Barton and Nikola Jokic at the deadline. That would really bolster the Clips who still roll out some really rough players when their big 4 aren't in.
    that would be an incredible return for the clippers

Maybe trade CP3 and try to get a great 3 in return. Clips truly need a great 3. And probably put a bigger load on BG and ask him to do more facilitating like he did late last year when he was dominant at times and just run a more free flowing offense with less ball dominance.

The other way to go would be to trade BG and find another great 3 and surround CP3 with shooters with DJ being the rim roller. That worked well when BG was out and a great 3 would've made them even more dangerous.

I'm just not sure. But this trio just doesn't work well together. BG/DJ are too redundant.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

clippers should gauge bostons interest in BG. but for nothing less than nets pick and appropriate filler.

theres potential in that trade to improve both teams

Chris Paul can opt. out of his contract after this season if he chooses to.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did so even though he would be walking away from 22+mil.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angel...rs/chris-paul/

Gallo would be perfect for LAC

Too bad they literally have nothing to offer.. Clippers have been one piece away for years no, but never looks to add assets. Should have traded Crawford 3 years ago

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

They should get rid of Doc, but they won't. Trade CP3, trade him to another contender. Build around Blake and DJ for the moment. Get a serviceable point and a real SF. Keep the bench minus Pierce and Prignoni since they are both washed up. Develop players...but Doc doesn't do that. They can still be a playoff team but not contenders. They will still be better than than the garbage lakers.

I rule the local playground Klay 3D's Avatar

CP3 for Dragic and Winslow

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    does LAC let this teams main pieces get healthy and try again for a deep run next year? or is it time to shake it up and see what kind of return you get for one of their big 3?
    Keep the core and make another run. Blake and Jordan are still young.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Chris Paul can opt. out of his contract after this season if he chooses to.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did so even though he would be walking away from 22+mil.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angel...rs/chris-paul/
    Joining LeBron.

1) Doc Rivers needs to go--in every capacity. His personnel decisions have been lateral at best and his front office work has just been horrendous. I genuinely don't know how many 1st round draft picks we own at this point, and with Paul's looming player option and Griffin's contract up in a year... the writing might be on the wall.

2) Jamal Crawford needs to go. Guy is atrocious defensively and essentially puts the Clippers down a man on the court if he's not hitting shots.

(the above also applies to Paul Pierce, but they'll have to trade him)

3) At it stands now, I'd probably look to move Chris Paul before either of the other 'big three'. He's an arguable Hall of Famer but the man is getting older and his injuries keep adding up--in every post-season berth with the Clippers, he's either been injured or entered injured. Unless you're Curry, your theoretical best player can't be a point guard.

4) Make a move for a small forward. This position has haunted the Clippers ever since they signed Ryan Gomes to play professional basketball. How has it taken them so long to realize this as their position of weakness? Jeff Green wasn't the answer for the other 2 teams that made a move for him, why did Doc think this time was the charm? I've read things surrounding a Griffin for Durant trade but the rumor is silly, considering LAC doesn't need to do OKC any favors by trading for a guy that is likely going to test free agency anyways.

5) Get better at drafting. In Doc's entire tenure as head of basketball-ops I don't think I've seen a single draft pick play meaningful minutes for this team. Either they're not talented or Doc's too busy relying on his washed up veterans to try and save his job. I personally think it's the latter because he's a moron, but in a cap-centric world your good players are ideally out-producing the values of their contracts.

It's going to be tough, but they need to buy a winning mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    1) Doc Rivers needs to go--in every capacity. His personnel decisions have been lateral at best and his front office work has just been horrendous. I genuinely don't know how many 1st round draft picks we own at this point, and with Paul's looming player option and Griffin's contract up in a year... the writing might be on the wall.