Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Clippers are going to the 2013 NBA Finals

Intredasting revelation I just had: Hank probably has a large part in why I hate Norris Cole so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I think the Clippers as a team can beat Miami and have proven that the last 3 years. I understand most fans have a short, biased memory but early in the season the Clippers had zero trouble beating the Heat in LA. A lot of it is going to come down to HCA because both teams are nearly unbeatable at home the last couple years.

Oh, so you're going by a couple games in LA during the "regular season" ??

What does that have to do with anything ? When is the last time Miami won in Chicago during the regular season ?? What did that have to do with Miami wiping the floor with the Bulls in 5 games when it really counted ?

And Miami hasn't played well in Boston during the regular season either. What did that have to do with Miami beating Boston in the postseason the last 2 years ?

Let me guess, you think Utah can beat Miami in a 7-game playoff series because Utah beat Miami in Utah the last 2 trips out there during the "regular season"

LOL @ people placing so much stock in regular season results when it comes to postseason matters

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

The worst franchise in sports history isn't beating Miami in the Finals

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I'll put up the individual numbers from the last 3 years of the Heat vs the Clippers

Bosh vs the Clippers:

2012-2013: 11 ppg, 9 rpg. The only team he's played worse against is the Lakers.

2011-2012: 16 ppg, 11 rpg BUT played 43 minutes and shot 37 percent.

2010-2011: 21 ppg, 10 rpg BUT again there is an asterisk. He shot a whopping 12.5 free throw attempts per game in all 3 games, hitting 9.5 of them. The ONLY team he shot over 10 fta per game against. He also only shot 42 percent.

Wade vs the Clippers:

2012-2013: 13 ppg on 38 percent shooting. 4.5 rpg, 6.5 apg. Only team he's played worse against is the Kings but that was one game, this is 3 games.

2011-2012: 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 2.5 apg on just 35 percent shooting from the field.

2010-2011: 29 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 6.5 apg. He dominated this year but as you see the last two have been ATROCIOUS.

Lebron vs the Clippers:

2012-2013: No need to put this year's stats, he's dominated us just like everybody else and put up 30 ppg.

2011-2012: 23 ppg, 13 rpg but on just 37 percent percent shooting.

2010-2011: 19.5 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 5 apg on just 37 percent shooting.

So you see what I'm talking about Hank? Clippers do as well as anybody shutting down the "Big 3". Lebron this year is having his way with anybody but we have 3 legit SF defenders to at least show him different looks in a series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Are you saying Miami is not a top defensive team and that we won't see that stifling defense in the playoffs that we've been accustomed to seeing ?? Did you not witness Miami shutting teams down in 4th quarters recently, playing at a much higher level with defensive rotations later in 4th qtrs -- something we didnt see earlier in the season ?
    Miami is a great defensive team but has failed to break into the top 10 defensive efficiency all year long. I don't give a crap if they have a magical switch for the playoffs. RIGHT NOW the Clippers are easily the better defense. I'm not going to guarantee anything for the playoffs until we see them play.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    i think the Clippers would fair well against the HEAT & it's obvious that at least some HEAT "fans" are threatened

Clippers are deep enough & big enough to do some serious damage.

They can also shoot lights out & play pretty damn good D.

Not to mention they have 3 of the most clutch players in the game (Crawford, Cp3 & Billups)

Oh and i forgot they have the best PG runnin the show

Banned

Clippers most likely wont get past the thunder. Hopefully they do because it would make the finals interesting

Miami is a great defensive team but has failed to break into the top 10 defensive efficiency all year long. I don't give a crap if they have a magical switch for the playoffs. RIGHT NOW the Clippers are easily the better defense. I'm not going to guarantee anything for the playoffs until we see them play.
    I would be shocked if a Clippers/Heat series went longer than 5 games. Hate to break it to you, but your team isn't that good. Depth don't mean s.hit in the playoffs

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

Clippers have no chance against the Spurs. They can beat the Thunder though.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I would be shocked if a Clippers/Heat series went longer than 5 games. Hate to break it to you, but your team isn't that good. Depth don't mean s.hit in the playoffs
    Miami's depth is a HUGE reason they got by the Thunder in the finals but you conveniently forgot Mike Miller and Battier with BARRAGES of 3's and key defensive plays. Take away your bench stepping up massively in the finals and OKC probably wins.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Miami's depth is a HUGE reason they got by the Thunder in the finals but you conveniently forgot Mike Miller and Battier with BARRAGES of 3's and key defensive plays. Take away your bench stepping up massively in the finals and OKC probably wins.

why would bother responding to her? She's obviously just a troll trying to bait you.

her first post didn't grab any attention, so she had to post again, and AGAIN in this thread just so somebody would talk to her.

[COLOR="White"]**Silk replys by telling me i'm mad**[/COLOR]
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 02-15-2013 at 08:48 PM.

In a 7 game series, who wins between Miami and the Clippers. In your opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    In a 7 game series, who wins between Miami and the Clippers. In your opinion of course.
    I think Miami wins in 6 or 7 most likely but I think it would be a very competitive series. I think IF the Clippers have HCA and have a little bit of luck with stopping Lebron they could be the ones winning in 7.

I'm pretty sure Hank has down syndrome.

I think Miami wins in 6 or 7 most likely but I think it would be a very competitive series. I think IF the Clippers have HCA and have a little bit of luck with stopping Lebron they could be the ones winning in 7.
    Thank you for answering my question.