Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Woj: Lakers in talks for Ramon Sessions

Picks and cash I'm guessing. Lakers have nothing to offer that the Cavs want.

Maybe this'll be a side trade in a bigger 3-way for Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He's not going that high on assists man. He's not a pass first PG. I think with the Lakers 13 ppg, 5-6 apg wouldn't be unrealistic at all for him though as the starter. Which as I said would be a massive upgrade over Fisher (not that it's saying much).

Do you watch any other teams, besides the Clippers and whoever their competition is for the night?

I've seen enough Cavs games over the past two seasons to know that Sessions is definitely a pass-first PG, and even if he isn't considered one, I guarantee he will become one on the Lakers' roster.

Why?

Well, if all the attention is going to either him (as the primary ball-handler) or KB24, that leaves Pau & Bynum open down-low for easy scoring opportunities. If the attention isn't on him at all, which is understandable because he's not a major scoring threat, he can easily find plenty of reliable mid-range and 3-pt shooters available to divert attention. Kapono, Blake & even Troy Murphy are all relatively good shooters.
    Sessions can easily average 7-10 apg on a starting squad. Looking at his career stats so far, the guy has averaged above 5 three times (correction from earlier when I said twice), and he only started 30-ish games on two of those three seasons.
    His rookie season, Session dropped 7.5 apg per game for the 17 games he played, where he only started 7 games.

I hate using stats, but that's the only way to prove a point here. Stats don't show everything, but I can personally vouch from actually watching Cavs games here & there (a good friend has NBA League Pass & Cavs is one of the teams he watches constantly) that this dude is a pass-first guard.

The Lakers can use part of Odom trade exception to take on Sessions' contract. Financially it is good for the Cavs, clearing out cap space for next summer.

Otherwise, Luke Walton would actually be a decent pickup for the Cavs, since their second unit doesn't have one good passer.

Would be a good pickup for the Lakers, considering what is out there, Sessions has athleticism and youth and some foot speed (sorely lacking for the Lakers).

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar

Do you watch any other teams, besides the Clippers and whoever their competition is for the night?

I've seen enough Cavs games over the past two seasons to know that Sessions is definitely a pass-first PG, and even if he isn't considered one, I guarantee he will become one on the Lakers' roster.

Why?

Well, if all the attention is going to either him (as the primary ball-handler) or KB24, that leaves Pau & Bynum open down-low for easy scoring opportunities. If the attention isn't on him at all, which is understandable because he's not a major scoring threat, he can easily find plenty of reliable mid-range and 3-pt shooters available to divert attention. Kapono, Blake & even Troy Murphy are all relatively good shooters.
    Sessions can easily average 7-10 apg on a starting squad. Looking at his career stats so far, the guy has averaged above 5 three times (correction from earlier when I said twice), and he only started 30-ish games on two of those three seasons.
    His rookie season, Session dropped 7.5 apg per game for the 17 games he played, where he only started 7 games.

I hate using stats, but that's the only way to prove a point here. Stats don't show everything, but I can personally vouch from actually watching Cavs games here & there (a good friend has NBA League Pass & Cavs is one of the teams he watches constantly) that this dude is a pass-first guard.
    I don't pretend to watch a ton of Cavs games now. I mainly watched him when he played for the Bucks and his first year in Cleveland. I haven't watched him much this year because he hasn't played nearly as much as he did in all other years. He's a very capable passer... but he's not some playmaking wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I don't pretend to watch a ton of Cavs games now. I mainly watched him when he played for the Bucks and his first year in Cleveland. I haven't watched him much this year because he hasn't played nearly as much as he did in all other years. He's a very capable passer... but he's not some playmaking wizard.
    I agree with you that he's not a play-making wizard. He's not CP3, DWill, Nash, Rubio, etc. type of PG. But to say the dude wouldn't average more than 6 APG in a starting role, when he's dropped 5+ in non-starting roles before, is just silly.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I agree with you that he's not a play-making wizard. He's not CP3, DWill, Nash, Rubio, etc. type of PG. But to say the dude wouldn't average more than 6 APG in a starting role, when he's dropped 5+ in non-starting roles before, is just silly.
    Okay. 6-7 then . Definitely not 10.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Otherwise, Luke Walton would actually be a decent pickup for the Cavs, since their second unit doesn't have one good passer.
    Did you really just say that...??

First of all, Luke Walton is not a decent pick-up.
    Second of all, Ramon Sessions is one good passer on their second unit...

WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxpuCl6JN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQsu...eature=related

i like him, maybe it is a side trade who knows what mitch is cooking up

I think Ramon Sessions is more of a "creator" than a pass first point guard. Doesn't mean that he won't give up the ball when he needs to. But he's always looking to make something happen.

How that would affect Kobe, IDK. Kobe does need the ball in his hands to be effective. Few things about Sessions is he's a good defender and an underrated finisher, but is a horrible shooter.

Unfortunately I haven't seen him play on a good team yet. Interesting to see his game mesh with proven three proven scorers. Will he just camp out at the three feeding balls to Kobe/Gasol/Bynum at the post? Or will he actually run pick and rolls?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

that is a pretty solid choice, much better than going after arenas

anyone who can get into the lane with a dribble drive would be a much wanted improvement. Its pathetic how the Lakers cannot get into the lane at all

Ramon is a very good player. His only limitation is his 3pt shot is well below par, so he should fit right in with the Lakers.

Still don't know who the Lakers would send out, they are over the cap so they need to send out around 5-6 million, or a part of the LO trade exception. they couldn't have thought of this in December? he would have fit right into the Vujacic TPE

Very good NBA starter

This makes too much sense. So it means that it won't' happen.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    This makes too much sense. So it means that it won't' happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Picks and cash I'm guessing. Lakers have nothing to offer that the Cavs want.

Maybe this'll be a side trade in a bigger 3-way for Dwight.
    yah i'd definetly consider the pick cause as a cavs fans we do not want anyone from that team that they would actually be willing to trade.

in before Cuban whines to Stern