Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose Performance Thread

This guy is amazing...he reminds me a lot of D Wade

Ich Liebe die Bulls! CelticForce1349's Avatar

I just can't say enough good things about this kid. The first 6 points of the game all by Rose...I can't wait to see this guy in year or two with an actual team around him.

Caution: Adult Content

Man, you can see the frustration on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
    This guy is amazing...he reminds me a lot of D Wade

I can't help it and neither can you so don't give me grief...can you imagine Rose and Wade playing together? They would KILL together.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch67
    Man, you can see the frustration on his face.

Dude...Your avatar is more repulsive and disturbing than a jumpshot by Tyrus Thomas.

Local High School Star Bulls_Fan20's Avatar

Post Re: Derrick Rose Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
    Dude...Your avatar is more repulsive and disturbing than a jumpshot by Tyrus Thomas.

I still have no idea why, when Gordon, Hinrich, and Rose are on the floor at the same time, Gordon is bringing the ball up and being the primary ball handler. We know what Rose's best quality is - great ball handling and an ability to get to the rim. What is Gordon's best quality? Standing out of the way, getting a pass, and shooting. No dribbling, no passing, just shooting an open jumper. Every once in a while he will make a move and get an open 10-foot floater, but when he tries to cross someone over or juke them, it looks like he is moving in slow motion. Always exaggerating contact...I don't know what Vinnie is thinking. Rose definitely needs to demand the ball a little more. He doesn't necessarily have to take more shots, but he needs to have the ball in his hands, because he's the best creator on the team.

D Rose against Cavs... 20 and 7

D Rose against Cavs with a team that is actually good and knows what offense they are in.... 28 and 12.

Seriously.

I would be happy with Derrick Rose going to the whole or even shooting a J every possession.

I agree, but let me add something to this

As bad as many guys on the team are shooting right now, I think he should continue to look for open teammates. Im not talking about setting up Tyrus Thomas or Drew Gooden for jumpshots... Im talking about the natural spot shooters like Gordon, Hinrich & Nocioni. When he has the ball in his hands he's so explosive and quick the defenses get drawn into the lane, leaving them wide open.

I agree that I don't know why Hinrich or Gordon is bringing the ball up the court and being the ball handler. All offense should be initiated through Rose when he's in the game. Let him decided to either pass it up to the open spot shooter, dump it down low to a cutting big man, or take it all the way in for the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    D Rose against Cavs... 20 and 7

D Rose against Cavs with a team that is actually good and knows what offense they are in.... 28 and 12.

Seriously.

I would be happy with Derrick Rose going to the whole or even shooting a J every possession.
    As long as he isn't popping 3's with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. He was rushing some 3's last night after he hit the first one, and he would have been better served slowing it down and looking for a better shot. His 3-point shot will get better in time, but right now he doesn't really need to be shooting 3's unless he's either wide open, or the shot clock is about to expire. I was glad he hit one in a game to get his confidence up, but he is so good at getting into the lane and finishing without getting blocked (I'm looking at you Gordon), or pulling up for a short jumper, that it only makes sense to bypass the long shots...for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
    he is so good at getting into the lane and finishing without getting blocked (I'm looking at you Gordon)
    They both got blocked once last night. I understand alot of you dislike Gordon for whatever reason.. but you shouldn't knock him if he has a good game.

Anytime Gordon gets under 3 turnovers and shoots well just keep praying he continues it.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    They both got blocked once last night. I understand alot of you dislike Gordon for whatever reason.. but you shouldn't knock him if he has a good game.

Anytime Gordon gets under 3 turnovers and shoots well just keep praying he continues it.
    That wasn't a knock on last night, that was a knock on the past 4 years. He just isn't a good finisher in traffic, whereas Rose can twist and turn, and still get a good % shot off. Last night, almost everything Rose was throwing up was short, so it was kind of a role reversal for him and Gordon. But I'm not going to say that Gordon isn't a special offensive talent, because he is. He just doesn't have the IQ, attitude, or other skills to make him a more complete player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
    That wasn't a knock on last night, that was a knock on the past 4 years. He just isn't a good finisher in traffic, whereas Rose can twist and turn, and still get a good % shot off. Last night, almost everything Rose was throwing up was short, so it was kind of a role reversal for him and Gordon. But I'm not going to say that Gordon isn't a special offensive talent, because he is. He just doesn't have the IQ, attitude, or other skills to make him a more complete player.
    Although Gordon at times can creat a shot for himself... I do think he's best as a spot shooter. With as much attention as Rose will get defensively as he gets better and better at driving the lane... the more wide open looks Gordon, Nocioni & Hinrich will get.

National High School Star

Vinny should let Drose do his stuff a little bit. stop doing pick and rolls every time, let him iso from time to time. And please stop gordon from running in circles. when using small line-up, you've got kirk and rose, why the hell is gordon holding that rock. he's a turnover waiting to happen.

This guy is a stud and Bulls fans should be very proud of him. Still can't believe they were lucky enough to win the draft lottery with such low odds! Just imagine had the Bulls not drafted this guy. At this point I can't imagine a better rookie for this team than Rose. He should've been the one with the ball with 11 seconds left against the Magic where they where down by 2. Instead Gordon screwed it up!

Quote Originally Posted by trig
    Vinny should let Drose do his stuff a little bit. stop doing pick and rolls every time, let him iso from time to time. And please stop gordon from running in circles. when using small line-up, you've got kirk and rose, why the hell is gordon holding that rock. he's a turnover waiting to happen.

Well, we all know why Gordon wants to be seen handling the ball more often; he wants to look good (lol) for his free agency this summer.

I am not ready to bad-mouth Vinny yet but, he should not be allowing anyone other than Rose to control the Bull while he is on the floor. When Rose is out then it becomes Hinrich's job. When Larry Hughes comes back...oh dear gawd, I don't want to even think of it.
    Last edited by CelticForce1349; 11-07-2008 at 01:14 AM.