Default Jimmy Butler seems to get a lot of hate these days

why is that?

Apparently the Bulls media wanted him gone instead of Derrick Rose.

Banned

Default Re: Jimmy Butler seems to get a lot of hate these days

lol does anyone even care about him? He sucks.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    why is that?

Apparently the Bulls media wanted him gone instead of Derrick Rose.
    Actually the Bulls media was the ones selling the "It's Jimmy's team" narrative because he had a couple of good seasons in Rose's absence. This is how Chicago media works. It's a "What have you done for me, lately?" kind of city.

They helped turn the city against Rose, and made it easier for him to be moved. Now that they did move Rose, the reality set in that we aren't going to get anyone BETTER than him. So I guess some are having buyer's remorse.

I say they deserve it. **** them, and **** Jimmy. He's a great #2, not a good 1st option. It will be shown this year.

Because Rose was the 'hometown hero' and he got shipped out cause front office believed him and Jimmy couldn't co-exist to win a championship

I'm a Bulls fan, I love Rose and Noah, but it is what it is. People taking this too personal and hating on Butler like he was on the phone to Phil Jax talking Rose trades, he still balls tf out

Most Bulls fans need to just accept it, this Rose/Noah era wasn't going anywhere, I don't see Rose or Noah becoming the players they use to be and change was needed

I was getting tired of LeBron shitting on us damn near every year too

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Actually the Bulls media was the ones selling the "It's Jimmy's team" narrative because he had a couple of good seasons in Rose's absence. This is how Chicago media works. It's a "What have you done for me, lately?" kind of city.

They helped turn the city against Rose, and made it easier for him to be moved. Now that they did move Rose, the reality set in that we aren't going to get anyone BETTER than him. So I guess some are having buyer's remorse.

I say they deserve it. **** them, and **** Jimmy. He's a great #2, not a good 1st option. It will be shown this year.
    The Bulls did a good job in that Rose trade.

What they need to do now is move Butler after free agency because his contract is amazing and teams will be lining up to fork over a ton of assets.

The Celtics will give up a ton for him if they miss out on Durant.

The Bulls are in a unique position to overhaul their roster and rebuild and create an insanely bright future in a way most teams can't.

Lopez/Gibson/Butler would net them a ton of assets for the future. This upcoming draft is absurdly good.

The Bulls should tank and turn Butler into something like Smart/Olynk/Nets pick. I'd imagine the Celtics would do something pretty big considering they have now entered win now mode and can't turn down adding a guy like Butler.

And then move Lopez/Gibson for a couple picks and or young assets.

The Bulls could easily find themselves with 2 top 5 picks in the draft next year and with a few nice young players on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

What they need to do now is move Butler after free agency because his contract is amazing and teams will be lining up to fork over a ton of assets.

The Bulls are in a unique position to overhaul their roster and rebuild and create an insanely bright future in a way most teams can't.

Lopez/Gibson/Butler would net them a ton of assets for the future. This upcoming draft is absurdly good.

The Bulls should tank and turn Butler into something like Smart/Olynk/Nets pick. I'd imagine the Celtics would do something pretty big considering they have now entered win now mode and can't turn down adding a guy like Butler.

The Bulls could easily find themselves with 2 top 5 picks in the draft next year and with a few nice young players on the roster.
    That would be a dream

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    That would be a dream
    I really think it's realistic.

How would the Celtics turn down Butler at this point? There is no way they can do better than that if they fail to get KD.

Bulls cleaning house and ending up with 2 top 5 picks or so and at least another first rounder....probably 2...is well within realistic expectations.

Definitely the smart move.

a few things. butler is not as good as people think he is. hes not a superstar and possibly not even a star caliber player. hes a second/third option that was given first option privileges on a team dealing with horrific injuries. People thought he was going to make a huge leap this year compared to last year which didnt happen. he only average .9 more points and shot 1 percent less on FG, and these are his prime years (26). Now why do some fans and some media dislike jimmy? i think its just because he has gotten big headed for no reason. criticizing the coach during interviews, acting like hes a real leader in the locker room where players just didnt accept him as one. He seems to like the limelight of being a celebrity by hanging out with mark walhberg and making appearances on tv shows like ellen degeneres. All of this for what? 20 points and 4 assists as a SG in his prime? all the while missing the playoffs? he has yet to have success with the bulls as the leader and "best player" but yet he acts like hes lebron james on the team. In the next few years, he will try hard to be that star player and sometimes it will look like he is, but when those next years are over, it will be obvious hes not that kind of player.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 07-03-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Rose has a lot of fanboys.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

I like the wy you think, I have zero faith in Bulls management to make something like that happen

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FURB
    I like the wy you think, I have zero faith in Bulls management to make something like that happen
    Yea...it would be a big mistake to hold onto this team imo if they are going to punt on free agency this year.

Butler isn't old by any means, but he's also not 22. They only have 1 piece right now...it's a huge task to build a championship team around Butler given these circumstances.

Blow it all up and walk away with at least 3 first round picks next (2 very well could be in the top 5) year in a loaded draft.

Definitely the way to play it.

Butler's value won't ever be higher than after this free agency period imo. His contract is going to look insanely good...and when teams factor in the increase next year...they'll see just how valuable he is on a contending team.

I guess because Rose has a lot of fans. But I honestly don't really ever see people talk about Butler.