Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Drummond will be easily nullified when the scouting report leaks

Dude can't shoot a free throw to save his life. He's as bad as DeAndre so there's that.

Need to learn to shoot free throws.

Default Re: Drummond will be easily nullified when the scouting report leaks

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Yeah, b/c I'm sure no NBA head coach is aware of that.

Hack-a-Drum?

Local High School Star

Just like with Whiteside, he does things you can't really "scout" beyond throwing a second defender at him which will just open somebody else.

What's the scouting report going to do? Hack-a-Drummond?

There are maybe 3 centers in this league that can come close to containing his size, speed, and strength. So what can you do there? Double box him out every play?

There are almost no set plays run for him. How do you game plan for offensive rebounds? Put more bigs out, then have problems with the stretch 4?

I don't see how you gameplan for someone that is bigger, faster, stronger than the other teams bigs and doesn't have a game to take away. It's put backs, pick and rolls, and the ocassional dump (in which his right hook is looking preeeeetttyyyy).

So yea...easily nullified coach. Easily.

College superstar

The reason no other 7' behemoths in in the NBA is because they can't defend in space. Teams just need to put him in the PnR at 24ft and punish him. He is lucky they only play GSW twice. Curry put DJ into the spinner but good last week. And DJ moves better than Drum does.

And he shot 28% from the line in college.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    What's the scouting report going to do? Hack-a-Drummond?

There are maybe 3 centers in this league that can come close to containing his size, speed, and strength. So what can you do there? Double box him out every play?
    Gobert contained him to open the year. He actually hit free throws in that one but otherwise didn't really impress me but Hibbert was the only one able to do anything against Rudy a year ago so I didn't expect him to.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Gobert contained him to open the year. He actually hit free throws in that one but otherwise didn't really impress me but Hibbert was the only one able to do anything against Rudy a year ago so I didn't expect him to.
    Interestingly, that Jazz game was one of the first times I ever saw Drummond set out to physically and successfully bully an opposing center in the post. Drummond's back-to-the-basket game is still in its infancy, so in the past he's tended to settle for garbage from wherever he caught the ball (resulting in terrible 10 foot hooks).

But against Gobert, it was like he suddenly realized he was 285 pounds, and he just bulldozed Rudy like a rag doll on a few plays inside (resulting in 11 non-Hack-a-Drummond trips to the line).

Don't get me wrong though, I like Gobert. He's a freak out there.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Yea I'm expecting 0/0/0 games from here on out when the advanced NBA defenses sink their teeth in him. They'll just play zone on him. He'll be lucky if he even sees a pass again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    The reason no other 7' behemoths in in the NBA is because they can't defend in space. Teams just need to put him in the PnR at 24ft and punish him. He is lucky they only play GSW twice. Curry put DJ into the spinner but good last week. And DJ moves better than Drum does.

Or because athletic freaks like Drummond aren't in abundance. And Curry Estes up every big in the league off lick and roll. Doesn't mean Dummond will be less effective. A good pick and roll coverage would be hard hedge with Drummond and see how curry handles that u we athletic trap.

It's not hard to stop him strategically, it's the effort thing that stops teams from stoping him.
    He's not polished offensively, you can stop him with smart help defenses and good reaction.
    You can stop his rebounding with good effort on boxing out.
    The effort is the problem with 95 percent of NBA players, they're too tired to box out correctly or in time and they get putbacks, and Drummond, a guy who puts effort in just destroys them.
    He wouldn't be able to average 20-20 in the finals no matter against who, because the intensity is completely different is what I'm saying.

Nullified is just stupid to say. His numbers will go down, yes, but he wont be nullified.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

Curry did absolutely torch Deandre Jordan, and it's like Deandre just didn't learn. he kept on staying back and Curry was practically LOL'ing at how bad DeAndre was defending the pick and roll. Whole Clippers squad was frustrated with DeAndre.