Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default ICYMI:KJ McDaniels Spent the First 9 Seconds of the 2nd Half to Foul Drummond 5 Times

The Houston Rockets are embarrassing.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

Default Re: ICYMI:KJ McDaniels Spent the First 9 Seconds of the 2nd Half to Foul Drummond 5 Times

i watch it,i fell bad for kj

Default Re: ICYMI:KJ McDaniels Spent the First 9 Seconds of the 2nd Half to Foul Drummond 5 Times

OP spent the first 9 seconds of the 2nd half watching KJ McDaniels Spent the First 9 Seconds of the 2nd Half to Foul Drummond 5 Times

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    OP spent the first 9 seconds of the 2nd half watching KJ McDaniels Spent the First 9 Seconds of the 2nd Half to Foul Drummond 5 Times
    9 seconds (+ countless minutes watching Drummond brick) that I can never take back.

The strategy did work tho, they turned a 9-10 point deficit into a lead!

It was funny to watch because the only time they had a chance in the game was when they were fouling drummound, otherwise they'd be down 10-15 points

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Drummond shot 13 of 36 from the line! Amazingly that percentage is still above his season average (.361 vs .354) .

36, btw, looks like the third highest since the 86 season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../fta_game.html
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 01-21-2016 at 12:02 AM.

It's certainly a new strategy to start fouling as soon as the quarter starts...

I guess since Andre is a historically bad free throw shooter I expect teams to foul him intentionally a lot once they are in the penalty, but to just decide, no we need to get into the penalty as quick as possible so we can start fouling him now, it was a weird strategy.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Dude shot more FTs than minutes played. Insane. Also, the strategy doesn't work, and rarely does. I don't really understand why teams employ it.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Dude shot more FTs than minutes played. Insane. Also, the strategy doesn't work, and rarely does. I don't really understand why teams employ it.
    in this case it is worth, Ezeli and Bogut can also be used to take try to cool Curry and Klay, and because gsw attack is ultra efficient when clicking

Decent playground baller Coach Eddie's Avatar

lol, shows how much the Rockets value KJ.

Deadset, I don't think there's ever been a more embarrassing team than this Rockets team.
    Its two 'stars' are actually a joke, the franchise is a joke, how does anyone support this shit? hahah

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Teams have experienced some success employing it against the Pistons this year. Granted, I believe Detroit is 4-1 against Houston and Boston, two teams that have gone the Hack-a-Dre route on multiple occasions, but those squads didn't lose specifically because of that strategy.

With most players, even our "normal" bad free throw shooters, they're hovering around the 50 percent mark from the line and many attempts in a row will often yield a rhythm. In Drummond's case, he's close to a 38 percent free throw shooter who was on an eight game streak heading into tonight where he's been shooting 20 percent.

With that in mind, the Hack-A success rate kind of jumps a little when a player isn't just bad, but 20 percent bad. Houston went on a 15-1 run tonight during a portion of their Hack-a-Dre stretch (Drummond went 1-8 during the actual run).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Eddie
    lol, shows how much the Rockets value KJ.
    I think you mean how much JB Bickerstaff values McDaniels.

The franchise doesn't make players hack a player, the coach does.

Should I suspend KJ for not playing basketball as intended?