Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Love has to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    yep

nowadays he looks like an another ryan anderson
    It's a damn shame.

Ironically , LBJ faithful will try to point to his stats to diminish his impact but all I can say to that is how is one supposed to produce great, or even good stats if playing in a faux equal opportunity offense which in reality is really only designed to maximize one player's stat line? If LBJ was a better off ball player like Kawhi or Butler we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Before Kevin Love on a good night was good for a 30 and 15 game easily, on a great night you might get 20 rebounds from him instead of 15, but how can he play even half of that potential when he's regulated to spot up shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Love struggling against pick and roll coverage against an all time elite team like the Warriors does not warrant these threads.

Love, in his current form, will simply need to be relegated to 15 to 20 minutes a game in the finals if they face the Warriors.

He should come off the bench and play the two "bench stints" in each half...if he's rolling...play him more...if not...sit him.

I've never been that high on Love, but he's a very good player and this kind of shit is stupid.

Too bad, because if Lebron had any off ball impact at all...this Cavs team would be way better.
    That's fine, the problem is you don't pay that kind of money for him to be utilized in that manner. Cavs have too much money tied up in Love and Thompson, for each of them to be useful only in certain situations.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    That's fine, the problem is you don't pay that kind of money for him to be utilized in that manner. Cavs have too much money tied up in Love and Thompson, for each of them to be useful only in certain situations.
    You let Love or Thompson walk and you are a much worse team with virtually no way to get better

Let's tap the brakes on this stuff

You let Love or Thompson walk and you are a much worse team with virtually no way to get better

Is that for sure? You're saying that had Love or Thompson walked, there's no way they don't get anyone else on-board, or some combination of pieces? I'm not suggesting that the Cavs are better without either, or even disagreeing with your earlier post. I'm just saying that's a lot of money tied up in 2 situational players. That said, if it's an issue of floundering chemistry that maybe there is an argument that they're better off without Love, IF they can find a decent replacement. It's not like he's doing stuff that can't be replicated by anyone else, and possibly for cheaper. And hopefully, someone who can guard a snail while we're at it.

Yeah, I agree with your take. Think it's on Blatt to cut his playing time when the matchups dictate it. Think lebron should be the 4 a chunk of the time against gs. The way miami played in his run there was more of a competitive matchup than this Cavs team with love on the floor.

If LBJ was a better off ball player like Kawhi or Butler we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation.
    Sure if you also agree pippen or gasoline could average more ppg if jordan or kobe didn't shoot so much. Or Kareem could showcase his passing more if magic had an off ball game.
    Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Yeah, I agree with your take. Think it's on Blatt to cut his playing time when the matchups dictate it. Think lebron should be the 4 a chunk of the time against gs. The way miami played in his run there was more of a competitive matchup than this Cavs team with love on the floor.

Sure if you also agree pippen or gasoline could average more ppg if jordan or kobe didn't shoot so much. Or Kareem could showcase his passing more if magic had an off ball game.
    Etc.
    The game has changed a lot... Not being a threat off the ball really hurts. Especially with a player like Irving out there... And to a lesser extent Love.

Lebron either needs to play more in the post or start shooting better for this team to play at an optimal level.

The game has changed a lot... Not being a threat off the ball really hurts. Especially with a player like Irving out there... And to a lesser extent Love.

Lebron either needs to play more in the post or start shooting better for this team to play at an optimal level.
    He can sooner fix that, and I think that comes down to how Blatt is utilizing him( and others). Lebron got pretty good down low coinciding with his first championship, so yeah he probably does need to spend more time down there especially with the makeup of his squad and the state of his game right now( poor/erratic perimeter shooting).

Yeah I always assumed the 2nd act of his career would be transitioning into a post bully after the success he had with it in miami. He wouldn't lose playmaking either as he still did quite a bit from the post. So now that he has free reign either he really dislikes playing down there or he feels his career will burn out quicker there. I'd guess the interest in love was, ok now I don't have to play down there. But somebody has to in order for this to work, because love isn't or at least isn't doing it effectively with his opportunities.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

On a serious note, how is Kevin Love getting ALL THE BLAME for this loss?

And when will LeBron james starting shooting jumpshots for his team? This should piss off everyone. His inability to shoot jumpshots at the FVCKING SF POSITION hurts his team.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Yeah I always assumed the 2nd act of his career would be transitioning into a post bully after the success he had with it in miami. He wouldn't lose playmaking either as he still did quite a bit from the post. So now that he has free reign either he really dislikes playing down there or he feels his career will burn out quicker there. I'd guess the interest in love was, ok now I don't have to play down there. But somebody has to in order for this to work, because love isn't or at least isn't doing it effectively with his opportunities.
    No. His thought process was very basic and simple.

Bosh, all star (24ppg, 12rpg) stretch 4/5 = More assists, more spacing, more dunks

Soooo....

Kevin Love, All star (26ppg, 13rpg) stretch 4 = More assists, even more spacing, more dunks and field goal percentage untainted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Is that for sure? You're saying that had Love or Thompson walked, there's no way they don't get anyone else on-board, or some combination of pieces? I'm not suggesting that the Cavs are better without either, or even disagreeing with your earlier post. I'm just saying that's a lot of money tied up in 2 situational players. That said, if it's an issue of floundering chemistry that maybe there is an argument that they're better off without Love, IF they can find a decent replacement. It's not like he's doing stuff that can't be replicated by anyone else, and possibly for cheaper. And hopefully, someone who can guard a snail while we're at it.
    They had basically no ability to add anyone of note because they were over the cap iirc.

They should use the Haywood contract before the deadline now though...

3-time NBA All-Star

I hope this gets rid of this ridiculous idea that Lebron is a great "GM". Lebron seems to be under the impression that just stacking the deck with talent like he did in Miami and now in Cleveland, is all you need to do to win a championship. Sure, maybe if Lebron was a better off ball player instead of part of the problem himself, all of "his" moves would've been great. It works to an extent, such as when the competition isn't strong enough, which was the case in 2012 (Thunder were young and inexperienced, to be fair though it also took an amazing performance from Lebron vs Boston) and 2013 (Almost wasn't the case and the Heat were as close as anyone to not winning a title). But if you're not great enough to fully utilize those great talents, doesn't mean much. I think most GMs at the time thought it was a terrible idea to trade Wiggins for Love. Its funny that GS and Cleveland were the frontrunners for Love and the team that didn't trade for Love is the historically great team that won a championship and has been dominating the team that did trade for Love.

More then likely, Kevin Love is going to get traded. A trade to me that makes some sense is Kevin Love to Phoenix for Brandon Knight and Markieff Morris. I would say Eric Bledsoe instead of Brandon Knight, but Bledsoe is out for the year and Knight can play SG, plus I think Phoenix would be more reluctant to give up Bledsoe. They can also probably get away with Knight coming off the bench since he's not a great defender. This team can match up better with GS.

Of course thats probably not going to happen. They will probably try to get another star, because Lebron has to have 2 stars by his side. They will probably trade Love for Melo, ignoring that Melo will need to start, needs the ball in his hands and isn't that great of a defender (to be fair though, he's gotten better in both aspects this season). Or they will trade for Howard, ignoring that Howard is not good for chemistry, will want the ball inside despite not being good offensively, is a terrible FT shooter, and Lebron usually makes big man play further away from the basket. Same old shit. Just a different year.
    Last edited by guy; 01-20-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Agree.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    On a serious note, how is Kevin Love getting ALL THE BLAME for this loss?

And when will LeBron james starting shooting jumpshots for his team? This should piss off everyone. His inability to shoot jumpshots at the FVCKING SF POSITION hurts his team.
    For this reason and more he should move to the 4 spot vs Golden state and Love play the 5 spot. This will hurt Bogut who is not one of their primary options. The team would be able to double team a lot more and Lebron can go at D. Green. They can set pick and rolls with Love and James.

Golden state basically makes their living at the 3pt. line and this would help Cleveland defensive against them. But for this they would need another SF.

Josh Smith, R. Gay, L. Stephenson, Galinari, T. Ariza. T. Evans ?

C- Love
    PF- James
    SF- Jefferson ?
    SG. Shumpert
    PG K. Irving

Quote Originally Posted by HoopSuperstar
    For this reason and more he should move to the 4 spot vs Golden state and Love play the 5 spot. This will hurt Bogut who is not one of their primary options. The team would be able to double team a lot more and Lebron can go at D. Green. They can set pick and rolls with Love and James.

Golden state basically makes their living at the 3pt. line and this would help Cleveland defensive against them. But for this they would need another SF.

Josh Smith, R. Gay, L. Stephenson, Galinari, T. Ariza. T. Evans ?

C- Love
    PF- James
    SF- Jefferson ?
    SG. Shumpert
    PG K. Irving

Most of the guys you mentioned (outside of J smith and Gallanari) wouldn't dare play with Lebron. And I think it's a stretch to say that the GSW "live" on the 3 point line.

For fvcks sake....Curry made a curl cut to the rim, caught the ball with one hand and finished a reverse layup before the defense even reacted.

1st play of the game- bogut alley-hoop from a screen and roll because the attention paid to Curry/Klay and etc.

This team is SUPERIOR....nothing the Cavs do, as long as Lebron is the "playmaker" will allow them to keep up