Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What makes the Spurs peak > 90's Suns? Peaking more yrs/longer doesn't = HIGHER peak

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    inferior all-star experience and nowhere near b2b champs
    Inferior in what sense my brother? All-star experience is all-star experience

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: What makes the Spurs peak > 90's Suns? Peaking more yrs/longer doesn't = HIGHER peak

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    [COLOR="Navy"]Inferior in what sense my brother[/COLOR]? All-star experience is all-star experience
    07' pistons were nowhere near champs, let alone b2b champs

They were a 53-win 1 seed that lost to a 50-win 2 seed.. basically nothing

We know it was a fluke because lebron had to team-hop to make the Finals again, even though he should've made the Finals in 09 and 10

Lebron never had more than 1 upset in a playoff run, while 89' MJ executed 2.. lebron is a fraud, exposed finally this year

Rings?

Spurs vs Jazz, Sonics, Suns, Trailblazers?

5 to 0?

Thanks

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

This may be the dumbest thread ever on ISH and I haven't even bothered to read one post in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    This may be the dumbest thread ever on ISH and I haven't even bothered to read one post in it.
    I find myself in agreement.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Jazz already destroyed the Duncan/Popovich Spurs, so the bulls would sweep the spurs, probably by record amount
    The Jazz beat the '98 Spurs, who had Robinson, Tim Duncan in his rookie year, and not a whole lot else. That was hardly a peak Spurs team, in fact it's probably the worst team the Spurs have put on the court in the Popovich era.

But go ahead, set up some more straw men.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma
    The Jazz beat the '98 Spurs, who had Robinson, Tim Duncan in his rookie year, and not a whole lot else. That was hardly a peak Spurs team, in fact it's probably the worst team the Spurs have put on the court in the Popovich era.

But go ahead, set up some more straw men.
    It's the same team that won the ring in 99

The jazz actually had less talent - Stockton/Malone and not much else, like you said

We can all make excuses for any year and any player - ish posters are very good at that

But the bottom line is that the jazz beat a 56-win Duncan/Robinson/Popovich team, after sweeping a 4 all-star Shaq team.. that's more than enough to show the jazz were a real team and on the same level as the popovich's spurs teams.. and that's without considering that the jazz were within a couple Jordan game-winners or a flu game away from beating the goat bulls

So you can call it a straw man, but I'm just presenting facts, and you're the one deflecting.. I don't have to deflect because the facts are on my side