Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore vinsanity2756's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the most underrated player in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LeBron James. Not even kidding.
    "A guy who never makes the All-Star team. Or maybe made it once or twice but generally doesn't make the cut." I wouldn't say james is the most underrated player in the league since he has won 2 mvp's and never missed an all star selection.

Eric Gordon is underrated at a lot of places, though I do see some placing him as the third best SG in the league, which is certainly a legit argument to do so.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Marcus Thornton

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Luol Deng easily. Been doing such a good job in this league for years yet never gets any praise or press. He's a total do everything utility/glue guy like AK47, Tayshaun Prince (prime) SF.
    Agreed

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by vinsanity2756
    luol deng, for the work he does on defense against top small forwards. and on offense he really improved his 3 point shooting, and he's just a solid all around player. i would also say lamarcus aldridge. he didin't even make the all-star game yet, and he is such a good player.
    lol So this week I learned Deng is the most underrated player and Gibson is the best role player. Let me guess Bogans is the greatest SG. The haters are so transparent.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    lol So this week I learned Deng is the most underrated player and Gibson is the best role player. Let me guess Bogans is the greatest SG. The haters are so transparent.
    You don't like the truth apparently. Taj Gibson is such a good role player that when he had to start and play heavy minutes he played superb, despite some inconsistent stretches. His PER 36 is 12 ppg, 10 rpg, 1 apg, 1 spg and 2 bpg the last 2 seasons pretty much. Do you know that's very good?

Luol Deng is the most underrated player because.. he's put up 16 ppg, 6.5 rpg 2.5 apg and played excellent man defense his entire career.. yet when do people talk about him or give him props? He's the PERFECT 3rd option for any team. Like I said.. think prime Tayshaun Prince or prime AK47, both of which were always super underrated, low key guys like Deng.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Al Jefferson. He's not even mentioned in top 10/pf or centers. He has put close to 20/10 even in utah and thats after an acl injury which takes 1 full year to get back into your true self. Great post game, good rebounder, capable of becoming a good defender in the right system. Would have loved him had we failed to get bosh and lebron.

Tyreke evans is also pretty underrated due to his plantar facitis caused reduced stats. I see him becoming something pretty damn good. Monta is also kinda underrated. Although his stats are inflated, he is an explosive scorer who can assist and rebound reasonably at his size. Bulls fans get mad when hes compared to rose but i think the gap between them isnt that big:whatever rose can do ellis can do. NOW atleast of course rose is gonna improve further next season.

Agree on Al Jefferson. There is no way he's not a top 5 Center in today's league, in fact he has a good case for 2nd behind D12 because the other two guys in the running for 2nd (Bogut and Bynum) are always hurt. Al Horford is another PF playing C who gets underrated.

Grant Hill. Soon to be 39 years old, playing more games per than in his injury shortened prime. Doing this on an up-tempo team. Averaging 12-13 pts, 5 boards and a couple assists in 30 minutes a game. Regularly guards top scorers at the 2 or 3. Gone from superstar to the ultimate glue guy at an age when he could be sitting back and counting his money.

Greatest thing to ever happen to Jared Dudley, who has taken the example to heart. He'll have a long career doing the things Hill is teaching him.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    Mbah Moute, most versatile defender in the league but 8 out of 10 ESPN writers can't name what team he's on
    Another name I agree with. I hope the Clippers can somehow sign him this offseason if a deal for a major wing isn't completed. Amnesty Gomes and give MBah A Moute 2 years/$7 million and you still have enough cap space since that is what Gomes' salary would have been.

I like the Lamar Odom vote. He's never been an All-Star and comes off the bench... and he seems to be the scapegoat from Lakers fans a lot of the time.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Carmelo Anthony no question. No one even has him in their top 10. The dude is a monster and people don't even consider his abilities.

Luol Deng is underrated too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    Mbah Moute, most versatile defender in the league but 8 out of 10 ESPN writers can't name what team he's on
    He was the first person that came to my mind , not because he is on my Bucks , but that the guy is a real worker.

Two summers ago , he started working real hard at playing weak side offense , going to the rack with put backs and layups , and even a nice 12 foot jumper.
    I sense this year we will see an even better player.

My 2nd pick even though people appreciate him , is one of my all time fav players Shane Battier - an exceptional defender , and the point blank outside spot up shot isn't so bad either

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Another name I agree with. I hope the Clippers can somehow sign him this offseason if a deal for a major wing isn't completed. Amnesty Gomes and give MBah A Moute 2 years/$7 million and you still have enough cap space since that is what Gomes' salary would have been.
    Bucks will never let him go ... Moute has stated often , he is highly appreciative that the Bucks drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LeBron James. Not even kidding.
    No he's not. Just an influx of trolls on this site makes you feel everyone thinks that. It's like asking Jordan trolls how they feel about Kobe. The thing is though, if 90% of a population is one thing, it's going to seem like thats the opinion of the general public.

Pau Gasol.

His play suffers when Kobe over ISO's but otherwise he is one of the best PF's and Player's in the Entire League.

He is younger and at this point unless Kobe is healthy enough that he can make a legitimate improvement over last season they should run the offense through Gasol entirely and pull the reigns in on the Kobster.