Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Miami's record against top teams in February/March

I get where you guys are coming from.

The Pacers definitely don't appear to pose as much of a threat as they did at the beginning of the year. They are inconsistent at times, but they are scrappy enough defensively to make a 7 game series a struggle for Miami. Not to mention they will have two playoff series to get their shit together for when they face the real deal. I would probably give MIA a slight edge in this series still without HCA, but it's really close.

When it comes to OKC, who I am personally determined will be in the Finals this year, I think Heat fans who think they have it in the bag against them are dead wrong. It would be one hell of a competitive series. I keep thinking about that first matchup of the year OKC vs. Heat, where even without Westbrook the Thunder just dismantled them. I think a much more poised and seasoned Kevin Durant on the verge of his first title will be a much bigger challenge to face as compared to two years ago. If the Heat don't have home court, I think OKC can give them fits and win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT

The Pacers definitely don't appear to pose as much of a threat as they did at the beginning of the year. They are inconsistent at times, but they are scrappy enough defensively to make a 7 game series a struggle for Miami. Not to mention they will have two playoff series to get their shit together for when they face the real deal. I would probably give MIA a slight edge in this series still without HCA, but it's really close.

When it comes to OKC, who I am personally determined will be in the Finals this year, I think Heat fans who think they have it in the bag against them are dead wrong. It would be one hell of a competitive series. I keep thinking about that first matchup of the year OKC vs. Heat, where even without Westbrook the Thunder just dismantled them. I think a much more poised and seasoned Kevin Durant on the verge of his first title will be a much bigger challenge to face as compared to two years ago. If the Heat don't have home court, I think OKC can give them fits and win it all.
    I agree that OKC isn't a pushover. Even when Miami beat them in 5, every game came down to the wire except game 5. But Miami still matches up well against them. I still have a hard time seeing the Thunder beat Miami in a series without a post threat. I fear the Spurs because they have both a post threats and a scary perimeter. Miami is forced to pick their poison. But with the Thunder, Miami doesn't have to worry about getting killed in the post. They can play fast and rotate quickly. Although that's been a problem this year with old tired legs. They just have their number. If anything, it would come down to who steps up outside LeBron and Durant (who pretty much do what they do).

Quote Originally Posted by TMT

So why does the first match up matter more than the second? Both are irrelevant.

The Thunder cant beat the Heat because Ibaka is their best big. The Heat's weakness. I dont trust any the bulls and pacers because they cant match the Heat in a seven game series. THey just dont have the firepower.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Heat will beat Thunder in another finals match up in my opinion. Bosh, Oden and Birdman would eat up Ibaka.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    3 titles in 8 years. 2 x defending champs. "fraud" team lol.
    Nothing to do with THIS year. But alright.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Until the Heat lose, you're just grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Nothing to do with THIS year. But alright.
    So you are saying the #2 seed in the East and probably favorites to 3-peat in the East are frauds/pretenders? ok

I'm sure you thought they were extremely stacked a month ago.

So you are saying the #2 seed in the East and probably favorites to 3-peat in the East are frauds/pretenders? ok
    Explain how they're "probably favorites" if you and your butt-buddies continue on with the sarcastic "stacked" bullshit? This should be good

Explain how they're "probably favorites" if you and your butt-buddies continue on with the sarcastic "stacked" bullshit? This should be good
    People say they are extremely stacked, even to the point of saying most stacked team in history... at least they used to before this month. Fans are fickle that way. Whatever fits the agenda I suppose. In a series, people will "probably" pick Miami in a series against Indiana even without HCA. Slight edge. If they lose in the ECF, I'm not sure how being in the final 4 makes them a fraud team. I really don't get what you mean, but you're probably trolling.

Butt-buddies lol.

People say they are extremely stacked, even to the point of saying most stacked team in history... at least they used to before this month. Fans are fickle that way. Whatever fits the agenda I suppose. In a series, people will "probably" pick Miami in a series against Indiana even without HCA. Slight edge. If they lose in the ECF, I'm not sure how being in the final 4 makes them a fraud team. I really don't get what you mean, but you're probably trolling.

Butt-buddies lol.
    People say that relative to era, and they're right, just NOT this year. The Heat are no longer a "big 3" (not consistent enough).

Unless Wade picks up his game and Miami steps it up defensively (tonight was an anomaly), it wont matter what their regular-season record is, they're not "3-peating".

You're a homer, of course anything that isn't pro-heat, is trolling

People say that relative to era, and they're right, just NOT this year. The Heat are no longer a "big 3". They're not consistent enough.

Unless Wade picks up his game and Miami steps it up defensively (tonight was an anomaly), it wont matter what their regular-season record is, they're not "3-peating", hence.
    Doesn't make them a fraud team though. That would imply they are due to lose in the first or second round. I agree with you though. Like I said, if the don't 3-peat, they blew it when they choked in 2011 because making 4 Finals in a row is way too difficult.

You're a homer, of course anything that isn't pro-heat, is trolling
    I'm too negative to be a homer. My friends get mad at me when I say Wade is on a decline. I complain a lot about my other teams as well. Especially the Dolphins. I'm not only pro-Heat. I never said Miami is easily the favorites. We da bess.

I'm too negative to be a homer. My friends get mad at me when I say Wade is on a decline. I complain a lot about my other teams as well. Especially the Dolphins. I'm not only pro-Heat. I never said Miami is easily the favorites. We da bess.
    Nah you're definitely a homer.

'sall good though, nobodies perfect

Nah you're definitely a homer.

'sall good though, nobodies perfect
    Ok

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

The Heat are not as good as last year when they dominated the second half of the season with that incredible streak. They are not as good as the year before that when they smashed OKC.

The Pacers are better than they were last year when they took the Heat to 7 games.

I don't know who I favour out of the Pacers and the Heat. I don't give a shit about any of the other teams in the East, so as far as I'm concerned they are a 50/50 shot of going to the Finals again this year.