Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TJ Ford, how good will he be?

TJ Ford was like an all-star at the start of last season, then cooled off but still had a really good year.

What do you like about his game and how good will he become?

Serious playground baller albertpujols's Avatar

TJ Ford is sick. He can pass, score at will, is quick, and certainly has hops. A definate future star.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BlackMoses's Avatar

TJ will be excellent if he focuses a bit more on the defensive end. With his foot speed, there's no reason he shouldn't be a lockdown defender at the 1. Granted, he is a bit small, but he's quick enough to make up for it. He'll be especially valuable in the modern game since there is no handchecking allowed. I would also like to see him drop the 3-point shooting. Sure you need to hit one every now and then, but he would be much better suited further developing his mid range game. He's great at driving and dishing out for finishing a layup, but if he could develop a wet jumper from 15-18 ft, his game would be set.

Stats in his prime and player comparison:
    Brevin Knight with a jumpshot or smaller Erick Strickland: 18 ppg, 44% fg, 33% 3fg, 82% ft, 6 rpg, 1.5 Orpg, 4.5 drpg, 10 apg, 2 spg, .2 bpg, 3.7 tpg

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoses

Brevin Knight with a jumpshot or smaller Erick Strickland: 18 ppg, 44% fg, 33% 3fg, 82% ft, 6 rpg, 1.5 Orpg, 4.5 drpg, 10 apg, 2 spg, .2 bpg, 3.7 tpg

Shut your dirty mouth, I never want to hear TJ compared to Erick Strickland ever again.

He will most likely in all seriousness become a mix of Allen Iverson and Isiah Thomas.....No I'm not joking either. He took Texas to the Final Four, he won College Player of the Year. He's faster than AI (which AI admitted) when he becomes consistent he'll be dropping 10 dimes a night no problem. He's fierce, he's a leader, he'll become a steals machine, once get's his midrange jumpshot down and can finish better at the basket his dribble penetration will be impossible to stop.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BlackMoses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brewcitypaul

Shut your dirty mouth, I never want to hear TJ compared to Erick Strickland ever again.

He will most likely in all seriousness become a mix of Allen Iverson and Isiah Thomas.....No I'm not joking either. He took Texas to the Final Four, he won College Player of the Year. He's faster than AI (which AI admitted) when he becomes consistent he'll be dropping 10 dimes a night no problem. He's fierce, he's a leader, he'll become a steals machine, once get's his midrange jumpshot down and can finish better at the basket his dribble penetration will be impossible to stop.
    Stats wise, I think they'll (Strickland and Ford) be very similar. Ford will never even come close to average what Iverson did in his ROOKIE year. And I'm sure the Bucks fans are happy, he's not a scorer. I'm sure if he tried to average 25+, he'd find himself a nice place on the bench.

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

18/6/10 would be excellent.

Serious playground baller albertpujols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoses
    Erick Strickland to T.J. ? Bad example.

Saw a basketball once

The reason he excelled in his rookie year was because the pace was high tempo, With Mason on the court he allowed the team to be high tempo. Last year with Magloire they had to play half-court and we Bucks fans saw TJ's weaknesses were. He turned over the ball way to much. He is quick but he is also short. His height hurt him big time in the playoffs while detroit lid him up for 30+ points. He was great in college and showed that he was an all-star calibur player in 2004. BUT THAT INJURY that cost him the 2005 season which he came back from last year, he will NEVER be the same again. He will not have 10 assists a game that he should. Or at least try to. I will give him 3-4 years than he will be out of basketball for good!

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MilBucksFan
    The reason he excelled in his rookie year was because the pace was high tempo, With Mason on the court he allowed the team to be high tempo. Last year with Magloire they had to play half-court and we Bucks fans saw TJ's weaknesses were. He turned over the ball way to much. He is quick but he is also short. His height hurt him big time in the playoffs while detroit lid him up for 30+ points. He was great in college and showed that he was an all-star calibur player in 2004. BUT THAT INJURY that cost him the 2005 season which he came back from last year, he will NEVER be the same again. He will not have 10 assists a game that he should. Or at least try to. I will give him 3-4 years than he will be out of basketball for good!

Funny how only ignorant Mo/Bell jock riders believe garbage like this. Oh well. You'll be very disappointed.

MilBucksfan,

Ford is in the league for a long time.

Saw a basketball once

Ok, your probably right.. TJ Ford will be in the league for a long time But... the notion that he will be a allstar like his team mate Michael Redd is not so likly. WHY? you ask? Its because simply he is too short. You can practice and get stronger and all that but what you can't do is get taller. Unless Stotts reverts back to an up tempo pace TJ willl struggle here in Milwaukee. In TJ's rookie year 2004 when we had Mason it was a show to see TJ pass the ball on the break for Mason's aweing the crowd with his dunks! Remember back then? Will TJ become a good player yes, UNLESS its a fast pace instead of half court. The injury he suffered prevented him going strong to the hoop last year. He needs to get that fear out him in order for him to shine.

Much more agreeable

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by MilBucksFan
    Ok, your probably right.. TJ Ford will be in the league for a long time But... the notion that he will be a allstar like his team mate Michael Redd is not so likly. WHY? you ask? Its because simply he is too short. You can practice and get stronger and all that but what you can't do is get taller. Unless Stotts reverts back to an up tempo pace TJ willl struggle here in Milwaukee. In TJ's rookie year 2004 when we had Mason it was a show to see TJ pass the ball on the break for Mason's aweing the crowd with his dunks! Remember back then? Will TJ become a good player yes, UNLESS its a fast pace instead of half court. The injury he suffered prevented him going strong to the hoop last year. He needs to get that fear out him in order for him to shine.
    Even though you bolded "unless," it was the wrong word to use there. You meant "but only."

If he gets better at defense, I think he has the ability to be a jason kidd.

Default Re: TJ Ford, how good will he be?

I always wonder why TJ ford wasn't better, even before the neck issues...I really liked his game at Texas.