Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballhogs

Banned

Thumbs down Ballhogs

How do you deal with them? My team right now is losing a few games because of our point guard ball hog and hes not even good. The coach likes him and doesnt tell him ****. He only passes to his friends which are terrible at bball and passed to me 3 times in a whole game. And its not becuase i sux too becuase i play for another team which im leading in scoring [I get over 20 points ppg] . Any hints to help me?

-Thanks for reading

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Ballhogs

Quote Originally Posted by CySniper
    How do you deal with them? My team right now is losing a few games because of our point guard ball hog and hes not even good. The coach likes him and doesnt tell him ****. He only passes to his friends which are terrible at bball and passed to me 3 times in a whole game. And its not becuase i sux too becuase i play for another team which im leading in scoring [I get over 20 points ppg] . Any hints to help me?

-Thanks for reading
    I've delt with them before. And that's good that you average 20ppg because I think I was the leading scorer as well, anyways once you are in that situation, you have the power to go to him and say "PASS ME THE BALL" because you should teach him that your the guy in charge if your scoring everything.

Learning to shoot layups

Switch teams. play with other players who are passers.

Future D1 Dad

the coach must be a jerk if he's letting this go on. let him know that basketball is a team sport and that your dad will knock the crap outta him if u don't touch the ball more.

Banned

You suck. No really, if you didn't make something happen the three times you touched the ball, the point guard must thing you can't do anything productive for the team to win. So, there is other things you can do, be a gridy defender, grab rebounds like a mad man and bring the ball down yourself, and shoot or make circus shots and layups.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

call for passes, get clearly open....i deal more with a forward ballhog, i seriously only got passed to ONCE in a game.....suxxorz

Saw a basketball once starburythe2nd's Avatar

I agree with J fresh

I've dealt with them before. You have to show them that you're bigger than them. Be the best defender you can be, and do all you can with the 3 passes he gives you, and grab your own rebounds. Your coach will be impressed if you rise above that player to grab a rebound. Yea, ball hogs are very tough to deal with , but all you have to do is noticeably better then them, and they'll pass more often.

Banned

well i got the ball a few times and made all my shots! Now hes passing to me. Told him before the game to pass also.

Thx for posting everybody

Quote Originally Posted by CySniper
    well i got the ball a few times and made all my shots! Now hes passing to me. Told him before the game to pass also.

Thx for posting everybody

oi, how do i subscribe to a thread

I don't get picked last at the park anymore i cant dunk's Avatar

its happen to me before. you have to make him force pass to you. such as make him inbound to you then ignore him. good trick

Just don't pass them the ball. I'll just ignore them when I play with a shot jacking, never play defense type of ballhogs.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Just don't pass them the ball. I'll just ignore them when I play with a shot jacking, never play defense type of ballhogs.
    well the ballhog is your team pg, how u not gonna pass to him?

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    well the ballhog is your team pg, how u not gonna pass to him?

I just tell my coach to bench him. In a basketball league you always need a pass first point guard.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I just tell my coach to bench him. In a basketball league you always need a pass first point guard.
    but in this case the coach loves playing him

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    but in this case the coach loves playing him

I played with a ballhog point guard back in grade school (Summer league). His brother was the coach of the team. Our team sucked in the first four games I think we only had 1 win - 3 losses i. . Our manager got rid of the coach, and our new coach started to spread the offense. I think we won 8 out of the last 10 games, and we won the 12 and under tournament.

PS;

and the ballhog only played limited minutes for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 01-13-2014 at 06:29 AM.