Thread: trade idea

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default trade idea

I'm thinking that unless a gem slips to the raps then they should explore packaging their pick with 1 or 2 of their contracts to upgrade their current roster.

here would be some potential targets I would like you to consider...

#1 If/when Minnesota trade Love they may decide to blow it up more then just that and perhaps the very solid defensive minded Corey Brewer could become available for say Fields and the Raps late 1st rounder. Brewer has incredible length and is very athletic and would be a great 3rd wheel in the wing rotation with DD and Ross. Plus at 5 million/year he'd save the raps 1.25 million to spend elsewhere.

#2 If the Wolves didn't do that I would also consider the same offer to the Nuggets for Wilson Chandler who is a similar talent and But a little tougher and more versatile with his ability to play some pf, but wouldn't save the Raps any $ as he is slightly more expensive then Fields.

#3 Bit of a long shot because I'm sure Kerr will use Harrison Barnes better then Jackson did and will want to keep him but if Golden State was willing to part ways with him for Tyler Hansbrough and this years pick and either another 1st or a couple future 2nd rounders that would really help the Raps. Barnes had a bad year so perhaps the Warriors would consider it especially since they owe so many of their own picks over the next couple years.

thoughts on these deals? Any other deals the raps should consider exploring?

Default Re: trade idea

See I like how fr Ross came this year. But I still feel he is no bigger than a role player/6th man at best on the bench. We need someone who is going to be defensive minded at the 3 but who can also score/drive better than Ross did this season. We also need to think about going after a backup center as well. Someone with more height than 6'6".

Local High School Star

I think the rumors are true.

Love want the Lakers and the Lakers want Love.

Plus Kobe plus another superstar plus their point guard draft pick.

= no chance for Toronto.

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

I wouldn't mind getting Chandler. From what I've heard the Raps have been trying to get him for a while now.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Raptors could trade for a Wilson Chandler. They could draft a wing, like kj mcdaniels or they pick up a sefolosha or a tucker out of free-agency.

I lean towards drafting mcdaniels and signing tucker through free-agency.

My ideal team for next year would be..

lowry, Vazquez, de colo
    derozen, ross, fields
    ross, , tucker, mcdaniels #39 pick ? best player available
    amir, Patterson, novak
    val, , hayes bacnynski

Hansbrough, salmons bought out.

draft. bachynski with their late second rounder and pick best player available with their 39 pick.
    What I like about that squad is that they are all high character players. build for one more year, and then see if you can hit the jackpot in freeagency next summer.
    off the books, fields, hayes, amir next summer. Sign your star power forward then bring amir back over the cap. Would love to bring in amir and Patterson off the bench on a contender team. Amir can guard back-up 5's in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    See I like how fr Ross came this year. But I still feel he is no bigger than a role player/6th man at best on the bench. We need someone who is going to be defensive minded at the 3 but who can also score/drive better than Ross did this season. We also need to think about going after a backup center as well. Someone with more height than 6'6".
    I have a feeling Ross will be traded. Maybe in a sign and trade with Cleveland for Deng. I could see us packaging Ross with an expiring contract or two (fields/hayes) for Deng.