Local High School Star

Default When Hansbrough comes back

.. is there any minutes for him ??

Frankly I would continue Big P Patterson 20 + minutes a game.

A lot of attention was focused on "when they move Lowry". I think the firm decision is to take a chance and resign Klow...

But other pieces that could / should be moved ?

1) Hansbrough
    2) Fields
    3) Novak

All those players add something to the right team.

Perhaps the Cavs would be interested in swapping picks with a number of veteren players going their way in the upcoming draft. The Cavs seem to be in win now mode.

Default Re: When Hansbrough comes back

Yeah there should be, amir seems burnt out and I think we're missing his toughness and rebounding. He should take chuck's min, which is a good 15. Shave 5 min off of patterson and a couple min off valanciunas (he'll still have his 30 min).

Solid big man rotation of johnson/hansbrough/valanciunas/patterson gives you everything you need up front.

Saw a basketball once

Trading Novack+Fields+Hayes should definitely be considered. I always wondered why Casey never plays Novack but I guess all he can give you is 3's. Fields is hot and cold. Hayes drags himself around too much for my liking. Perhaos weight/age is an issue at this point.

Between Pat Pat and Hansbrough, I'd keep it going with Pat, since he can give you some offense, and he's a big body on defence. I really liked how he was boaring vs Bucks. Hansbrough on the other hand is just high energy out there, but I don't see much more from him except mediocre stats, but e's good energy coming in to let starters rest.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Himan12
    Yeah there should be, amir seems burnt out and I think we're missing his toughness and rebounding. He should take chuck's min, which is a good 15. Shave 5 min off of patterson and a couple min off valanciunas (he'll still have his 30 min).

Solid big man rotation of johnson/hansbrough/valanciunas/patterson gives you everything you need up front.
    Agree pretty much 100% albiet I think Amir is being coached for more pick and roll and off ball movement hence he looks tired out there.

Johnson/Hansbrough/Valanciunas/Patterson is a fine big man rotation if we keep all. I think Hayes contract is untradeable but the same was said of Rudy Gay...so who knows.

Hayes at $6M (assume a trade kicker) Fields at $8.5M ( cap hit is only $7 I recall based on averages) and Novak is $3.5 (assume a trade kicker) and another $3.8 next year.... Say $16.5M all in...

If the Lakers really wanted to trade Gasol now is the time Raps should do the deal. Lakers get less money overall and so benefit although they still have Novak for another year. If it fit within cap and trade rules I would love to see Gasol as a rent a player for the Raps this year (only).

I was just gonna mention Amir. He does seem burnt out and not his usual energetic self despite the occasional play here and there. His numbers and impact haven't been what they were in December and he's being benched in favor of Patterson more and more often these days. But if we can get rid of Novak, Fields, Hayes, that would be awesome.

I think last nights game proved how badly we could use a guy like Hansbrough back in the lineup.

Local High School Star

Maybe... rebounding was an issue 1 game...Boston was a trap game / sandwitch game. Even the best of teams get caught out in these... I frankly alway bet the underdog in NFL trap games for the elite teams cause the underdogs get up and cover the spread. Mind you the really great teams have the mental toughness togrind out wins more often than not. The Raps have not proven that.

Hansborough has another year at a fair price. If he stays and competes we are certainly a better team with his energy off the bench.

I guess my question and desire here is - can MU pull off an "upgrade" with the odd leftover contracts of Hansborough, Novak, Fields, a 2nd rounder ?? I think like Q and others I am unconvined this core is consistently competative. Q mentioned in other thread "over valuing" the core and how it happended inthe past.

This is very good core right now at this point in time in the Eastern Conference. In 2 seasons ? I dont see it.

I would love MU to be proactive and package a few pieces for an upgrade. Maybe he is and maybe they cant say for spoiling potential deals etc.. but Raptor fans have to be jadded about upgrades having lived through (1) Hakeem O (2) Turkaglo (3) O'Neal etc etc etc

1) We need a backup plan if Klow wont sign. There are none really available unless you believe the Pelicans will give up Gordon. [COLOR="Red"]Ergo you need to trade up in this years draft to grab Michael Carter Williams from Syracuse [/COLOR]
    2) Another big man. Amir and Hansborough are "under appreciated" but not "nearly all stars". Big P has not proven he is either. I would be properly thrilled with a "near all star calibre" big man logging minutes beside Val.
    Last edited by Jballer; 01-17-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Fire Dwane Casey

I'd love to see Tyler get 20+ mins a game but with the emergence of 2Pat I'm not sure if it's possible. There's been so many times these past couple of weeks where I just say to myself "Damn, if only Hansbrough was in the game" His energy, toughness and hustle is definitely missed. He's one of those guys who can keep our momentum rolling when we need to go on a run. There's no chance in hell Jared Sullinger would have had that big of a game if we had Hansbrough in there roughing him up.

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    I'd love to see Tyler get 20+ mins a game but with the emergence of 2Pat I'm not sure if it's possible. There's been so many times these past couple of weeks where I just say to myself "Damn, if only Hansbrough was in the game" His energy, toughness and hustle is definitely missed. He's one of those guys who can keep our momentum rolling when we need to go on a run. There's no chance in hell Jared Sullinger would have had that big of a game if we had Hansbrough in there roughing him up.
    Just slide Patterson or Hansbrough to the Center spot and cut down on Hayes's minutes. In this league, you can get away with playing small ball and I'm pretty sure Patterson and Hansbrough can both be very mobile and physical against any Center.

I would like to see Casey utilize a 10 or more man rotation in the regular season, so he doesn't burn out his starters too much. Possible rotation going forward:

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Ross
    Johnson
    Jonas

Vasquez
    Salmons
    Fields/Novak
    Patterson
    Hansbrough

I would really like to see Fields and Novak get at least some playing time. Especially Fields, I'm pretty sure he can give at least some contribution.