Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Ancient Aliens

Banned

Default Re: Ancient Aliens

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    This is actually a very good and informative show.

   

a colleague asked me the other day to watch a history channel-style presentation on the building of the pyramids. and then after watching that rubbish, i agreed to discuss it afterwards.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Nobody remembers The Gheyliens here dhue they

Very good NBA starter

when people can't understand why or how, they like to think that aliens or gods were involved. that must be the only logical explanation to everything for them.

well, i believe in a set of "maybe's" too...

maybe ancient people were simply smarter and possessed greater knowledge than some of you dumb asses.

   

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    ...maybe ancient people were simply smarter and possessed greater knowledge than some of you dumb asses.
    yup... people consistently underestimate these folks IMO. they seem to think that without calculus and electricity, the best anyone could do was pretty much make sharper swords and bigger catapults.

but these peoples that we call 'ancient' were the EXACT SAME SPECIES AS US. they shared our enormous adaptable brains and had much more time and need to focus on clever engineering and clever solutions.

also, getting the patterns of the sun, the moon and the seasons right was of crucial, crucial importance to them. very often it was the difference between a civilisation flourishing and going extinct.

you wanna know why there were such astounding astrologers and mathematicians? that's a big reason why right there!