Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: New Derrick Rose adidas AdiZero 1.5

Anyone know where to get the AdiZero Rose shoes (not low tops) in Black/Red/Silver basically all black with red stripes on the back, not the ones that Rose wears with the white toe, for around $100 in the US? I can only find them for around $130.

Like these: http://www.shopadidas.ca/product/IJ1...1-5/detail.jsf

Quote Originally Posted by baller_skier
    Anyone know where to get the AdiZero Rose shoes (not low tops) in Black/Red/Silver basically all black with red stripes on the back, not the ones that Rose wears with the white toe, for around $100 in the US? I can only find them for around $130.

Like these: http://www.shopadidas.ca/product/IJ1...1-5/detail.jsf
    You're not going to find them for $100 anywhere. Seeing as they were just released, don't expect them to dip too much below 130. Maybe, maybe the all whites because all whites/blacks seem to drop faster than other colorways, but I doubt it. Check eBay, Craigslist, Niketalk, etc...

You can, however, find 1.0s for $80 if you look around. Eastbay had a few at that price and I would expect Footlocker to drop the price to $80 as well so they can make room for 1.5s....

Edit: didn't realize that the retail on the 1.5s is $100. The black ones you want is the limited colorway. I HIGHLY doubt you will find those for $100.
    Last edited by thejumpa; 04-13-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Anybody know when the low's will be avaialble? I like the white/black/blue colorway

Serious playground baller

How supportive are these? I love my hyperdunk lows and have had good luck not rolling my ankles so far but I think a lot of that has to do with the wing on the outer edge at the front of the shoe. The AdiZero doesn't seem to have that wing

Not a fan of this colorway but you can see the wings in this pick pretty well

Last edited by 01amberfirewv; 04-13-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Just occured to me that the Hyperdunk lows look a lot like the adizero feathers (tennis shoe) that I've been dreaming to get but can't (narrow)

It even has the "wings"

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Just occured to me that the Hyperdunk lows look a lot like the adizero feathers (tennis shoe) that I've been dreaming to get but can't (narrow)

It even has the "wings"
    I would actually wear those to hoop in for indoor or outdoor.

So who has the 1.5s here? I've decided on the AdiZeros but don't know whether to pick up some discounted 1.0s or go with the all green 1.5s. Gotta keep the hometown vibe goin...

Anyway, just looking for a short review on either.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    So who has the 1.5s here? I've decided on the AdiZeros but don't know whether to pick up some discounted 1.0s or go with the all green 1.5s. Gotta keep the hometown vibe goin...

Anyway, just looking for a short review on either.
    My friend said the adizeros weren't very good. Like they were good, but that collar thing was really annoying and dug into his heel. He also said the 1.5 are VASTLY superior. Very light weight, low to the ground profile (built for PGs) ... very comfortable and durable. Better than a lot of Nike releases.

Too bad I can't get any, let a lone for discount prices. Here in Chicago and its surrounding areas, every Rose shoe has sold out. Only thing left is odd sizes that people don't normally wear.

I regularly go on niketalk, and supposedly its the best selling basketball shoe this year. And at brand new retail for $100 significantly cheaper than a lot of other signature shoes.

Bought a pair of Nike Zoom KD 3's. Worst basketball shoe I have ever owned. And have now permanently switched to Adidas.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    My friend
    Can you ask your friend if the 1.5's had ample cushioning once broken in?

I know almost all adidas shoes need breaking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    My friend said the adizeros weren't very good. Like they were good, but that collar thing was really annoying and dug into his heel. He also said the 1.5 are VASTLY superior. Very light weight, low to the ground profile (built for PGs) ... very comfortable and durable. Better than a lot of Nike releases.

Too bad I can't get any, let a lone for discount prices. Here in Chicago and its surrounding areas, every Rose shoe has sold out. Only thing left is odd sizes that people don't normally wear.

I regularly go on niketalk, and supposedly its the best selling basketball shoe this year. And at brand new retail for $100 significantly cheaper than a lot of other signature shoes.

Bought a pair of Nike Zoom KD 3's. Worst basketball shoe I have ever owned. And have now permanently switched to Adidas.
    Good lookin Swoosh. I almost bought the 1.0s but that heel thing kinda scared me off. I understand the shoe is built to wear a brace(and I wear one), but something about it didn't feel right when I tried it on. I saw the 1.5s at Footlocker and while they don't look as good as say, LeBrons, they are light as hell. Basically, exactly what I need. I'll be picking up a pair this weekend. I hear you on the shoe sizes...I wear a 14 and can't find it anywhere. I'm just gonna pick up a pair before they sell out. The limited colorways are filthy but I don't know about spending 130 on them...

I don't even **** with Nike...haven't bought a pair in YEARS. I only rock Adidas or maybe some Jordans. KDs look ugly anyway.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

The collar is annoying at first coz it's stiff. If you just losen it up by bending it with your fingers, it helps a lot.

So should we call you "Samurai Stripes" now?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    I know almost all adidas shoes need breaking in.
    I will ask him ... but all shoes period need breaking in really.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    I don't even **** with Nike...haven't bought a pair in YEARS. I only rock Adidas or maybe some Jordans. KDs look ugly anyway.
    Jordans are Nikes, though bro

I used to wear Adidas in middle school and early high school to play ball. I would wear Nikes and Jordan for casual wear, but I felt more comfortable playing ball in Adidas. They were great company to me for a long time. It helped that our next door neighbor worked for them and he always hooked me up, at very cheap prices to boot.

I wish they would retro these because I had them back in the day and they were so comfortable to play ball in ...

But once these came out my sophmore year, I got them and wore them and they were so ...

Clunky, stiff, un-comfortable

And I was with Nike ever since. Until I came to the conclusion, and after getting some very comfortable Adidas at their outlet here ... Nike's are purely making their money of their name now. The quality going into them is significantly less than what it used to be, and their prices remain the same and / or have gone higher. Adidas is significantly less, and as good or better in terms of quality.

I am amped for the Bulls home and away colorway for the adizero Rose 2.0 ... think they look way better than the adizeros and the 1.5's.

Last edited by Samurai Swoosh; 04-14-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    So should we call you "Samurai Stripes" now?
    lol, yea I guess ... but seriously how can I get my name changed on these boards? I want to just change it "Samurai of Hoop"

Good to see another adidas person in the Board. Honestly a lot of people are just so pro-nike that anything adidas makes they immediately hate on. But I guess there's people like that on both sides of the fence.

I read a lot about the Puremotion pods used in the adizero rose, the 1.5, the adipure and yes they were based off the feet you wear technology. A lot of people claimed to feel "running-shoe" type heel-toe transitions with the Puremotion pods.

Another thing I really like about adidas is the torsion system, were the heel and forefoot are allowed to move independently. For me one of the best solutions for foot stability issues in shoes.

One thing adidas is miles away is cushioning. Up to now, adidas uses the same cushioning technology (adiprene) for all their footwear, be it running, basketball, tennis. It would be nice if they had different options for different needs of the sport.

As a comparison, I just read the black lotus review of the air max 360 bb low. For cushioning they had a full air max unit then a cushlon midsole. The cushlon alone is the material they use for the pillowy Vomero running shoes.

Hopefully the white/blue low's become availlable soon, I hear they're already in stores back in Manila