Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Default Re: Clyde Frasier is the worst color commentator I ever heard

Op= Hater. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    I don't know if Heat group is great, but Its a nice surprise that they aren't notorious homers
    Heat announcers are pretty good from the few times I've heard them. They are pretty fair and unbiased, and they aren't huge annoying homers like most teams out there (cough SPURS cough ROCKETS COUGH CELTICS).

Decent playground baller

I like the Bucks announcers as good as any i've heard.

I've been listening to clyde sinnce his wfan days on the radio. He's good, it's just Clyde. He's not trying to be anyone, it's his same personality as always. Back in 97 I used to turn off the volume for the knicks game and listen to clyde on the radio.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    yeah Stu almost goes too much on the non-homer side, but hes great and I would never want him to be replaced. he likes the post game and always says some interesting things about fundamentals and all that suff
    Yeah Stu Lantz is one of the best in the business. He learned from the best(Chick Hearn). However, Joel Meyers is very bad. I remember the game last year when Kobe became the Lakers all time leader in points scored. Joel Meyers immediately tried to call him the greatest Laker ever and Stu Lantz immediately put him in his place. It was hilarious. In last night's game against Portland, there was a play where LaMarcus Aldridge scored easily on Gasol and Joel Meyers tried to insinuate that it was because Gasol was fouled. Stu Lantz right away said it was because Gasol didn't move his feet defensively. He also kept saying stupid sh*t about the Heat earlier in the year. Stu Lantz didn't respond and I could only imagine the look on his face. I think Joel Meyers would be much worse if Stu Lantz wasn't around to keep him in check. He makes stupid comments here and there and is ready to blow his load every time Kobe does something like the majority of this forum. Stu Lantz, while giving praise, always keeps things in the proper perspective.

From what I've listened to, the Spurs announcers are pretty bad. Sean Elliot is way too homerish for me. Chicago's duo of Stacey King and Neil Funk, I find to be rather annoying. And yes, Tommy Heinsohn may be a big Celtic homer, but you also have to understand his perspective at times. He played in an era when physical contact was allowed, when p*ssy fouls didn't dominate the league. He doesn't like seeing this current "pussification" of the NBA. He comes from a different time.

NBA lottery pick

Dude is funny. I was cracking up when Big Baby was laying on the ground after Melo supposedly elbowed him..."They better call a time out...Big Baby is in the lane call a 3 secs!"

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

You kidding me? He's one of the most entertaining commentators in the entire league.

HE HAS HIS OWN BOOK PUBLISHED ON HIS VOCUBULARY AND USE OF WORDS. So how are you going to tell me nobody likes the guy if he has a damn book published?

He comes up with a bunch of his catch phrases on the spot, he's impartial, and occassionally will add an interesting tidbit from something he did in the 70's.

Interesting guy, humble, positive, upbeat, can put you in a good mood, easily one of the best commentators in the league.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    You obviously haven't heard the Houston Rockets color team. Clyde Drexler is easily the worst homer announcer I have ever heard. The other color commentator they use sometimes isn't much better either.

IIRC, the Spurs announcing team is pretty bad as well. Walt Frazier is actually pretty good.
    Yeah, the Rockets announcers are the worst in the league, I can't stand listening to them. They used to be even worse, the guy who used to do color before Drexler was unspeakably bad.

I like him as a commentator simply because he's not a homer. He and Mike Breen are completely fair to the opposing team, even though both are obviously Knicks fans.

Some commentators are so bad, they sound like fans right off the street. Complaining about every call that doesn't go their way. Screaming whenever their team scores and whispering whenever the opposing team does. I wonder why they even get paid. Pay me, I can do that.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

**** you. Walt Clyde's the man after Gus Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    **** you. Walt Clyde's the man after Gus Johnson.
    Gus isn't a color commentator

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Clyde is awesome, and like lots of people have said the guy is completely impartial. He has no problem pointing out what we're doing wrong as a team and if we have a bad call in our favour he will make a point of saying it's a bad call.

Did someone really say the Bucks guys are good? is it still these 2 guys? This is crazy homerism. MISS IT!! [COLOR="White"]Sorry for bringing Kobe into a thread[/COLOR]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAbHoiowvaQ

Banned

Heat and Grizzlies have the worst commentators ever. Fact.

PS: One of the Heat commentators sounds like a Grant Napear, the Sacramento Kings commentator, but with a New York accent. It's eerie.

Honorable mention: That "comic relief" third wheel guy on Dallas Mavericks broadcasts is so ****ing obnoxious.
    Last edited by AMISTILLILL; 03-22-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    Gus isn't a color commentator
    he used to do knicks games, he was fired like year ago

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    he used to do knicks games, he was fired like year ago
    I know he did it as a play-by-play commentator, but was he ever a color commentator?