Decent college freshman

Default Countdown to Trade Dealine: Fake Trades Thread

With weeks away from the '14-'15 trade deadline, I thought we could use a thread to post potential/fake trades to help pass the time. There are some ground rules:

1. Trades must work via ESPN's Trade Machine (not perfect system, but best we have basically).
    2. State any pick(s), if any, that are included (include protections if you wish).
    3. Trades must have semblance of realism, so no "scrubs for superstar" trades, please.
    4. Feel free to explain your reasoning, but don't write novels (as I tend to do...)

Thanks for your inputs!

Here's mine to start out:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nl8jvyv

-NYK agrees to future 1st round pick swap (not this year) with OKC + 2nd rounder
    -TOR sends Minny this year's 1st round pick (top 15 protected)

TOR gets more offensive production from its backup C (declining D notwithstanding), Minny gets a pick + salary relief + couple young guys for Pek (who probs shouldn't be on a rebuilding squad at this stage of career), and OKC gets a combo forward to come off its bench + ducks under the tax with this trade.

Banned

Default Re: Countdown to Trade Dealine: Fake Trades Thread

For Orlando the only thing I can think of is Andrew Nicholson\ Maurice Harkless being moved. Clippers are rumoured to be interested in Nicholson so maybe a swap of Nicholson for a lottery protected draft pick.

Not a trade, but once the Nets buy out Garnett, Clippers will sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    For Orlando the only thing I can think of is Andrew Nicholson\ Maurice Harkless being moved. Clippers are rumoured to be interested in Nicholson so maybe a swap of Nicholson for a lottery protected draft pick.
    We won't be giving up our 2019 1st for a backup big who doesn't have the potential to possibly replace Jordan.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Not a trade, but once the Nets buy out Garnett, Clippers will sign him.

We won't be giving up our 2019 1st for a backup big who doesn't have the potential to possibly replace Jordan.
    You mean Doc won't trade CJ Wilcox for him by season's end lol? Empty out the entire cupboard...

I agree with you on the KG front. I'd be pretty shocked if he stays a Net. Could see a D. Lee/KG swap if Brooklyn wanted a highly priced vet PF for next year though. Clips would make a lot of sense for him, especially with O'Neal apparently headed to the Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    You mean Doc won't trade CJ Wilcox for him by season's end lol? Empty out the entire cupboard...

I agree with you on the KG front. I'd be pretty shocked if he stays a Net. Could see a D. Lee/KG swap if Brooklyn wanted a highly priced vet PF for next year though.
    Wilcox is going nowhere, same reason why the Clips were interested in Nate, same reason why Crawford nor Hawes will go anywhere.

That NorthWest connection with Ballmer.

CJ Wilcox is still a thing? Totally forgot about dude...

Cancel that...

I miscontrued CJ for Chris lol

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Here's mine to start out:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nl8jvyv

-NYK agrees to future 1st round pick swap (not this year) with OKC + 2nd rounder
    -TOR sends Minny this year's 1st round pick (top 15 protected)

TOR gets more offensive production from its backup C (declining D notwithstanding), Minny gets a pick + salary relief + couple young guys for Pek (who probs shouldn't be on a rebuilding squad at this stage of career), and OKC gets a combo forward to come off its bench + ducks under the tax with this trade.
    I like how you conveniently left out how this trade benefits the Knicks.

Let me see if I understand this. You want the Knicks to trade draft picks for a player we don't need this season (because we suck anyway), and then the player becomes a Restricted Free Agent? WHAT???

We could just go after Reggie Jackson with a huge contract in summer if we want..which OKC ain't matching cause they can't afford him. And that's IF we even want him...there's plenty of other free agents to target. We have a PG already.

Denied. Try again

Chandler and Afflalo will be traded i think

calderon will get traded...hopefully back to detroit

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I like how you conveniently left out how this trade benefits the Knicks.

Let me see if I understand this. You want the Knicks to trade draft picks for a player we don't need this season (because we suck anyway), and then the player becomes a Restricted Free Agent? WHAT???

We could just go after Reggie Jackson with a huge contract in summer if we want..which OKC ain't matching cause they can't afford him. And that's IF we even want him...there's plenty of other free agents to target. We have a PG already.

Denied. Try again
    Whoops, didn't want to write too much and completely forgot about this part. The whole motivation for NYK is Reggie's QO cap hit is ~$3.4M this summer. That's a pretty small # for the guy you want to be your starting PG. Even if Knicks keep Calderon, they'd have over $26.5M (depending on options & where cap exactly is) left to spend on other FAs knowing they have Reggie & Melo locked down as starters for next season. If we assume that 1 of 3 remaining starting spots goes to somebody else already on roster or a draft pick, that leaves them plenty of fairly significant cap space to use wisely, if they're smart. Or would you rather try to use $30M to upgrade at 3 starting spots in the summer vs. $26.5M on 2 spots (plus some role players)? Knicks want Jackson and they can get him now with his cap hit being little this summer prior to signing a new deal.

I said a second rounder and first round pick swap, meaning you switch places in draft. Plus, Knicks 2016 pick will be the worst one between DEN/NYK/TOR (due to existing pick swaps), which may be a more favorable pick for OKC if they're fully healthy, even if it's just moving up a few spots. For NYK, it's (likely) moving back a few spots in 1 draft + a second + a backup G who'd be unneeded with Reggie/Calderon to get their PG of the future. Is that a *terrible* deal now?

FWIW, the pending FA crop of PGs might not be that amazing. Rondo likely to stay with Mavs, then next best PGs are Dragic (before this year it seemed foregone conclusion he'd re-up w/ Suns), B. Knight, Jackson, and Beverly according to one bball website. Only Jackson, of that group, seems at odds with current situation/team. Additionally, Calderon's defensive problems prohibit him from playing more than 25mpg most likely. I really like him (savvy, great floor spacer, and smart passer), but you'll have a leaky defense with him on the floor.

Decent college freshman

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=odpsenn

No picks involved. I feel like Detroit may say no (depending on how much SVG likes Dinwiddie), but I think this trade enhances their chances of making the postseason.

Trade: Datome + Dinwiddie + J. Anthony for Calderon + Aldrich.

Decent playground baller They Won's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Chandler and Afflalo will be traded i think
    Do you have any hopes regarding who to land for them?

Decent college freshman

Bumping this since the deadline is < 1 week away. Rip off of Simmons' panic fake trade of Conley to Miami:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z4xp7eh

Creates the most hated team of all time lol. Very unrealistic, but fun to play around with.

Heat throw Houston a future first (like 2023) that's protected 1-5 and 20-30.
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 02-12-2016 at 02:56 PM.