Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What will it take for an NBA (perimeter) player to pass Michael Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Well, he will need to be on a team with the best coach in NBA, and possibly sports history. (Jackson)
    Kobe had the same coach AND arguably the most dominant force in NBA History as a teammate... raise your hand if you think Kobe>Jordan. Exactly, didn't think so.

Then he will need a sharp shooter clutch 3-point shooter that shoots these percentages during the regular season: 52%, 52%, 46% (Kerr)

Steve Kerr averaged 8 PPG during his Bulls stint and Jordan already had 3 rings and 3 finals MVPs before he joined the team.

Then he will need the greatest rebounder in NBA history, someone that has won the rebounding title award a record 7 consecutive times. Someone that averaged 15-16 per game, and was an amazing defensive player as well. In fact, someone who has won the DPOY award back-to-back as well. (Rodman)
    Again, Jordan already had 3 rings and 3 finals MVPs before a 34 year old Rodman joined the squad.

Then he will need the 6th man of the year, too. (Kukoc)
    I'm noticing a pattern here

3 rings, 3 finals MVPs w/o the bench player.

Then he will need one of the best two-way players of all time. Someone that can consistently give you 20-6-6 with 2 steals and a block per game. A god among men defending the perimeter, and an underrated scorer. (Pippen)
    Pippen was a notorious choke artist whose shortcomings and migraines cost the Bulls possibly a 7th ring when he completely disappeared against the Pistons in game 7. Pip also missed roughly half the '98 season after back surgery. Jordan led the team to the best record in the league. Won MVP, the scoring title, All star MVP, finals MVP (with legendary last second heroics, 45 pts, and the iconic game winner... Pip had 8 points that game)... at age 35.

But yeah, that's a start at all it would take for an NBA (perimeter) player to pass Michael Jordan. Find me a team like that and we can go from there lol
    Done.

Keep reaching. It's funny as hell to watch
    Last edited by DonDadda59; 02-22-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Default Re: What will it take for an NBA (perimeter) player to pass Michael Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    A terminator sent via time machine to 1962 Brooklyn to kill Deloris Jordan.
    that's good... I liked that

Quote Originally Posted by Flash31
    rings and FINALS MVPS? BILL RUSSELL is ahead ALL-TIME

Aesthetic highlioghts?WTF KIND OF ARBITRARY CRAP IS THAT-WHAT KIND OF CRITERIA IS THAT ANYWAY?
    But if going by that route---------Vince Carter,Dwyane Wade,Stephen Curry,Chris Paul,Allen Iverson,mAGIC jOHNSON,lARRY bIRD are all more aesthetically pleasing and have more highlights

Statistical DOMINANCE--Really?
    John Stockton,Wilt Chamberlain,Bill Russell,Kareem Abdul Jaabar,Oscar Robertson,LeBron James
    are either ALREADY More statistically dominant or will be

so the first 4 he's not FIRST AT ALL

THE MAIN Important one where even today you have people 24/7 on his balls and where you can't say one negative thing about him and he's praised like a gawd 24/7 with the media blowing him all the time and sweeping all his faults and basketball failures away
    NOBODY WILL TOUCH

Even today we have 6/6 ALL THAT MATTERS,NEVER LOST like somehow it's better to lose in first round than Finals
    Oh Wilt had better stats--but 2 rings
    Russell won everything---b b but "weak era" "STACKEDZ"
    Kareem was better--b b but Jordan was a guard so he's better,Kareem had Magic

Nobody will touch Jordan today in GOAT bc the contenders have been brought down or dismissed or trashed with MJ getting 24/7 hype and the potential contenders have ALL OF THEIR FAILURES Spotlighted MORE.

No player evr has had the media on them like Jordan and never will.The League pushed MJ and made rules to benefit him.He was,is and will always be the leagues most protected and ref managed star.

When people nowadays believe Pippen was JUST a sidekick and not one of goat defenders and best sf-come on.
    The BULLS had the BEST Team in the 90s every year by a good margin.

But nowadays teams like those Bulls would get a STACKEDZ comment.
    MJ lost to the same team multiple times in a row-DET
    But if players did that nowadays it would be called choking,failing,loser
    MJ checked his stats during every pause in the game-nowadays--yeah

We see all the players faults and failures now.But with Jordan,the media and NBA hid all his faults and swept his failures away.
    If you think KD and Harden are protected nowadays,MJ was 20 times worse.
    If you think LJ and Kobe had failures-MJs were worse.
    If you think Howard,Bynum have bad egos-MJs was worse.

Media is perception and Perception is Reality.

In order to try and emulate the team Jordan was on we would need to put the following on the same team:

Rodman would be...Dwight? I guess he is the closest thing, having won multiple DPOY and Rebouding Titles

Okay, so we have D12, Now Pippen. I think that's easy choice, Paul George. Not an amazing scorer, but good, and can have flashes of brilliance. A tough 3 that can guard multiple positions, length, great on defense. Okay, so Paul George for Pippen (I might even be underrating Pip here but bare with me, I am trying to duplicate as close as we can in 2014).

Now we need a 6th man, we can go with Harden who recently won the award. Okay so we now have James Harden.

Now, the killer 3-point shooter. Steph Curry scores way to much to be put on Kerr's level, but maybe not Ray Allen, Okay, so we have Ray Allen.

Coach, best coach in NBA history and possibly all sports, well, no one is close so we will just say Jackson is back and his normal 3-peating self during his Chicago and LA days.

Alright so I did my best to replicate MJ's team and we have:

James Harden
    Paul George
    Dwight Howard
    Ray Allen

LOL And the one and only, Michael Jordan. Do we get the point here, people? Let's swap MJ for LBJ.

So we now have:

PG: James Harden
    SG: Ray Allen
    SF: Paul George
    PF: LeBron James
    C: Dwight Howard

With Phil Jackson at the helm. I think they'd 3 peat, what about you guys?

NBA Superstar

Huh, Jordan never played with James Harden or Dwight

In order to try and emulate the team Jordan was on we would need to put the following on the same team:

Rodman would be...Dwight? I guess he is the closest thing, having won multiple DPOY and Rebouding Titles

Okay, so we have D12, Now Pippen. I think that's easy choice, Paul George. Not an amazing scorer, but good, and can have flashes of brilliance. A tough 3 that can guard multiple positions, length, great on defense. Okay, so Paul George for Pippen (I might even be underrating Pip here but bare with me, I am trying to duplicate as close as we can in 2014).

Now we need a 6th man, we can go with Harden who recently won the award. Okay so we now have James Harden.

Now, the killer 3-point shooter. Steph Curry scores way to much to be put on Kerr's level, but maybe not Ray Allen, Okay, so we have Ray Allen.

Coach, best coach in NBA history and possibly all sports, well, no one is close so we will just say Jackson is back and his normal 3-peating self during his Chicago and LA days.

James Harden
    Paul George
    Dwight Howard
    Ray Allen

LOL And the one and only, Michael Jordan. Do we get the point here, people? Let's swap MJ for LBJ.

So we now have:

Banned

Rodman would be...Dwight? I guess he is the closets thing, having won multiple DPOY and Rebouding Titles.

James Harden
    Paul George
    Dwight Howard
    Ray Allen

So we now have:

Troll on, homie. Troll on.

Just an FYI for the future doe- Michael Jordan did in fact play basketball before the age of 33.

lebron has already done it

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Huh, Jordan never played with James Harden or Dwight
    Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Kobe had the same coach AND arguably the most dominant force in NBA History as a teammate... raise your hand if you think Kobe>Jordan. Exactly, didn't think so.

Steve Kerr averaged 8 PPG during his Bulls stint and Jordan already had 3 rings and 3 finals MVPs before he joined the team.

Again, Jordan already had 3 rings and 3 finals MVPs before a 34 year old Rodman joined the squad.

I'm noticing a pattern here

3 rings, 3 finals MVPs w/o the bench player.

Pippen was a notorious choke artist whose shortcomings and migraines cost the Bulls possibly a 7th ring when he completely disappeared against the Pistons in game 7. Pip also missed roughly half the '98 season after back surgery. Jordan led the team to the best record in the league. Won MVP, the scoring title, All star MVP, finals MVP (with legendary last second heroics, 45 pts, and the iconic game winner... Pip had 8 points that game)... at age 35.

Done.

Keep reaching. It's funny as hell to watch

Not only do I not think it will happen, I don't want it to happen. MJ is GOAT and also the all-time coolest player. If he is no longer the greatest, then the world just feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    The same Lebron who needed a finals MVP winner and a top 5 pf to win his first ring?
    Not everybody can be like Jordan and play in an era with no good teams to play against.

Oh wait.....

He did play in an era with good teams. He just didn't win until those teams were gone.

MJ's Bulls were stacked to the high heavens and only an idiot would think otherwise...

No one can refute shit I said. This DonDodda/DanSebba whatever Guy got nothing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Not everybody can be like Jordan and play in an era with no good teams to play against.

Oh wait.....

He did play in an era with good teams. He just didn't win until those teams were gone.
    MJ was a 1st round exit master before acquiring aforementioned talents in my previous posts. Knocked out of the 1st round 3 consecutive years, then the 2nd round the next year lol

4 Melo type playoff runs lol

Good thing he acquired more talent or his career might've looked like Melo/AI. Lots of individual talent, great scorer, but not going anywhere.

MJ was a 1st round exit master before acquiring aforementioned talents in my previous posts. Knocked out of the 1st round 3 consecutive years, then the 2nd round the next year lol
    Jordan is overrated.