Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Dragon Age: Inquisition

Coming out next week.

The game looks pretty damn good from what I have seen and read so far. Even deeper and more complete than the first game and of course much higher polish than the disappointing second game.

Quick Look at the game: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quic...ion/2300-9695/ (small spoilers)

You can go to dragonagekeep.com to create an import file for the decisions you made in the previous series, or if you are a new player, to get a quick recap of the overall story of the first two games. Neat!

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

I'm tempted to get this given all the glowing reviews and the description of what kind of game it is. It gives me hope after how mediocre (to be kind) Dragon Age 2 was.

I wonder how my PC would handle this game though. It's getting up there in years and I was considering upgrade/buying next summer. I'll probably hold off and wait for a "Complete" version sometime down the road. Too many other games keeping me busy right now.

Can't wait for this!

Banned

I'm gonna play this over christmas. Really looking forward to it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I'm tempted to get this given all the glowing reviews and the description of what kind of game it is. It gives me hope after how mediocre (to be kind) Dragon Age 2 was.

I wonder how my PC would handle this game though. It's getting up there in years and I was considering upgrade/buying next summer. I'll probably hold off and wait for a "Complete" version sometime down the road. Too many other games keeping me busy right now.
    What are your system specs?

Banned

I've been a Mass Effect fan for years and I just started Dragon Age Origins this year. The combat takes some getting used to but I think I'll cop this when it comes out.

Still, I'm looking forward to ME4 when it drops (probably like early 2016)

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    What are your system specs?
    I bought my system in July/2010 and the only change I've made was upping the RAM to 8 GB since then. Core i5 750 with a ATI 5850. So far, so good playing games on high levels but this next wave of games over the next couple months will stop that I think.

Banned

I'll probably wait a few days for reviews to come out, but right now, I think this will be the best game for winter. If all the other games I'm looking at disappoint or I don't want them, I'll have to wait until Christmas to get this.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I'll probably wait a few days for reviews to come out, but right now, I think this will be the best game for winter. If all the other games I'm looking at disappoint or I don't want them, I'll have to wait until Christmas to get this.
    There's plenty of reviews out already. I got this on pre-order.

buying EAware game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    There's plenty of reviews out already. I got this on pre-order.
    Thanks, sounds like it's very good. I still much prefer listening to the community's reviews than critics though.

Got it ready to go on my ps4.

I'll give Dragon age another shot. Couldn't even finish DA2.

Dragon age 1 is in my top 10 RPGs.

Inquisition contains 80+ hours gameplay. I'm all about dumping hours in a single game.

Banned

Do I need to play Origins and II to understand this game? Don't say I should play Origins because it's a great game, do I need to play them for story purposes?

Do I need to play Origins and II to understand this game? Don't say I should play Origins because it's a great game, do I need to play them for story purposes?
    Nope

Read this:

http://kotaku.com/a-beginners-guide-...age-1658487212

Good news: Dragon Age: Inquisition is pretty great. Less-good news: Being a story-heavy role-playing game, it relies heavily on a familiarity with the Dragon Age series' dense lore. Newcomers might be a bit lost at times.

I get the sense that a lot of people who missed the first two games are going to give this one a shot. As well they should! Skipping right to Inquisition is definitely doable, but in order to have the best time, you'll probably want to brush up on your lore up front. And that's what I'm here for.