Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: [RUMOR]: Al Jefferson to Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    I would do that in a heartbeat. Spurs have a short window, Pierce too. You can't build around Kawhi and Green.
    Wow that's surprising coming from a Spurs fan. Thought Kawahi was the next great defensive stopper ala Bruce Bowen.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    They signed a Center - Aron Baynes. Dude is huge, active, and can clog the paint. Great signing, Spurs always find diamonds in the rough.

And Blair being a PF is work in progress since he's been in the league. He's too short to play center in the NBA but that's his natural position (was a collegiate center, has some of the best post moves in the league). The Spurs have tried to help him with his jump shot so he can transition to PF, because it sucks pretty bad. He's pretty much scores in the paint and that's it. But he'll need to diversify for a long NBA career.

Diaw is one of the best passers at his position and has thrived on the Spurs, the most he's thrived individually probably since his PHX days (not necessarily gaudy stats, but great team basketball).

I always liked Diaw. He's perfect for the Spurs as he's one of those guys whose stats don't tell the story. He's in that perfect, do-it-all position. But at center, he's not ideal. And I always thought he was better off the bench for San Antonio.

As far as Blair...I never thought that. I don't see him resembling a center, at all. I think he's a garbage man. Now, you say he has some of the best post moves in the league, so I don't know. I wasn't aware of it. I'd like to see more of it. He's certainly active enough to suit the team, but he isn't a very good defensive player. He's lazy on rotations. And him playing center in college doesn't necessarily translate well into the NBA.

Now, if that is his best position, apart from his height, then he'd be a good fit next to someone like Garnett.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I always liked Diaw. He's perfect for the Spurs as he's one of those guys whose stats don't tell the story. He's in that perfect, do-it-all position. But at center, he's not ideal. And I always thought he was better off the bench for San Antonio.

As far as Blair...I never thought that. I don't see him resembling a center, at all. I think he's a garbage man. Now, you say he has some of the best post moves in the league, so I don't know. I wasn't aware of it. I'd like to see more of it. He's certainly active enough to suit the team, but he isn't a very good defensive player. He's lazy on rotations. And him playing center in college doesn't necessarily translate well into the NBA.

Now, if that is his best position, apart from his height, then he'd be a good fit next to someone like Garnett.
    Diaw is best served as a PF and some SF, he doesn't often play center in SA except for a team goes really smalle. As for DeJuan, he was a projected lottery pick until everyone found out about his knees (no ACL in either). He had a stellar rookie year, and some good games in the playoffs, but he's been in Pop's doghouse the past couple seasons. He has weight issues, doesn't seem entirely dedicated. IIRC he's complained about getting benched on twitter before. He's short and doesn't have a ton of vertical. He's indeed lazy/low IQ defensively. Having said that he's a decent offensive player and can be an elite rebounder if given the minutes. I can def see him putting up 16/10 on a young, shallow team.