Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Default Re: So Boston is 5-0 since Rondo out for the season

I've not liked the offense at all this year and I wouldn't have said that's all on Rondo. We look a little better now there's more movement in the offense but last night we needed Garnett's 4th best scoring night as a Celtic player to get past the freaking Raptors. Lee, Barbosa and Green have upped their scoring which is great, but probably won't last.

imo we should be using the rest of this season to improve Avery with his added responsibilities and begin grooming Green for the starting spot by giving him more plays. If we can trade Pierce and KG for worthwhile pieces (unlikely), then do that, if not let them have another crack next year. Maybe shut them down with bullshit injuries to tank, if you want to go all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    My God, when will it stop? Melo goes iso way more than LeBron and shoots plenty of more shots than James . LeBron is the most efficient player in the game. Miami wants Boston to get the #8 seed. Miami isn't worried about Boston, whatsoever.
    No, they don't want Boston. They don't really care either, but saying they WANT Boston makes u sound like an idiot...

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

I dont want to even think what gonna happen in playoffs without rondo. My all this season hopes where that Rajon gonna step up big( like always) in PO and we will prove everyone wrong, like always. But now, its not the same. KG cant keep scoring like hes 25.. I still think were 2 best team in the east in PO, and with rondo we would be a little bit behind heat...

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    I dont want to even think what gonna happen in playoffs without rondo. My all this season hopes where that Rajon gonna step up big( like always) in PO and we will prove everyone wrong, like always. But now, its not the same. KG cant keep scoring like hes 25.. I still think were 2 best team in the east in PO, and with rondo we would be a little bit behind heat...
    Nah we aren't. 6th at best I think with no Rondo or Sullinger.

They are a great team even without Rondo and Sully, and now they are playing to their potential.

These pass only point guards that can't shoot, like Rondo and Rubio, are incredibly overrated.

At some point though, people are going to realize how overrated and overvalued they are.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-07-2013 at 09:40 AM.

yes, good teams without there superstar can beat mediocre teams. however, there not beating good teams without there superstar. example you ask?

against top 8 teams in the league

d rose
    full healthy season 2010-11
    14-7

2011-12
    semi healthy season
    9-6

2012-13
    d rose out for the year
    4-6

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    hes a stat-whore. he stole stats from pierce and kg and made them look like role players. same shit lebron does. except lebron won a championship stealing stats, so no problem in him doing that. now that rondo is out, the pierces and kgs can go back to getting the ball and able to create their own shots. rondo extremely overrated. great numbers, but doesnt really make the team that much better.

You sir are a legend for that third sentence.

I think they are playing more freely now. All those new pieces were having are hard time picking up on the system. Now that the system (Rondo) is gone, they get to develop their own style and chemistry. There certainly still is a shitload of talent on the team.

Now if only we could re-insert Rondo just before the playoffs...would take a miracle and perhaps some steroids and HGH.....Do it Rondo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    I think they are playing more freely now. All those new pieces were having are hard time picking up on the system. Now that the system (Rondo) is gone, they get to develop their own style and chemistry. There certainly still is a shitload of talent on the team.
    Correct; Rondo's injury alleviated the logjam in the backcourt. Now Lee, Barbosa, and Terry are getting more pt and finally finding their grooves.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    Volume assist point guards are overrated. Especially those offensively inept ones like Rondo. Always laughed at the dumbass Boston fans that keep saying he's better than Parker and on the same level as Chris Paul.
    CP3 is never winning a championship homie

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    wait for the play offs, every yeah people talk crap about rondo and every year he's a play offs beast. The kid knows when to turn it on.
    Yup, like this Boston team's only championship when Rondo had to be replaced by Eddie House because his horrible shooting became an offensive liability for Boston, allowing LA essentially to play 5 on 4 whenever Boston had the ball because nobody had to guard Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Yup, like this Boston team's only championship when Rondo had to be replaced by Eddie House because his horrible shooting became an offensive liability for Boston, allowing LA essentially to play 5 on 4 whenever Boston had the ball because nobody had to guard Rondo.
    Oh, it's still 2008, right? Kobe won't ever win a title without Shaq!

Barbaosa and Terry have gotten more playing time sense Rondo has been out and they together bring more offense then Rondo which is what the Celtics need.

How is this possible again?
    Because Rondo's merely an above-average player who has always been a poor fit on the Celtics offensively? He turned Paul Pierce and KG into spot up shooters. How anyone could think he was an essential offensive piece to that team is beyond me.

I mean they won't continue undefeated forever, and they have a lot of holes, but Rondo doesn't fill any of them.